Australian Survivor

I think Shoni will go a long way. My thought on final two is Brian and Shonee at the moment.

There would be camera people all around the challenge. The camera would have always been there and the others would have also still been in place. I’m thinking that it’s probably common that they wait around for a while after a challenge and from time to time contestants are pulled aside to provide commentary or for a quick check up which is probably why nobody was so suss about it.

I have liked Shonee up until now and have found her commentary hilarious and a bit of light relief. I’m hopeful that some of the earlier scenes we got from her, such as discovering Benji is a millionaire, were purposely shown because she brings it up at some point later in the game. It is just the point now where she needs to do something or will be worthless at the end. Like it’s well and truly time for her to stop being so caught up with Fenella and do something.

1 Like

Dont forget that Shonee still has her advantage where she can steal someone’s vote at tribal. That could be a game changer.

1 Like

She still has her advantage where she can steal someone’s vote at tribal. If she is smart, she could turn the game in her favour.

Those advantages have rarely been executed or used well in Survivor. Let’s see what she can do with it.

God Benji is really stupid and deserved to go home tonight. Why would you not play your idol after seeing Mat go home with one in his pocket last tribal?

If Shonee thought she had to use her advantage, then why would Benji feel like he wouldn’t have to play his Idol? What an idiot. He deserved to go, especially after getting caught out in his web of lies saying Sharn was gunning for Brian (even though he had immunity). That was probably the reason that Brian flipped.

So satisfying to see such a cocky and obnoxious player blindsided like that.

4 Likes

Told you he would go home this week.

1 Like

Bye, bye Benji, good riddance! :joy:

Once again an extra / steal / double vote is wasted. It is pretty much a curse in Survivor. Also if what JPL said is correct Shonee really made a dumb move as the only reason he said that she didn’t get a double vote on the revote was because she took the votes from Sharn (and Sharn couldn’t vote in a tie). If she used it on someone that they weren’t voting for like Steve she would have got a double vote again and pushed it potentially into another tie or rock drawing scenario. Also I don’t think that she had to announce that she was using it at the Tribal Council prior to voting. Those things are more fun when kept in secret and people wonder where the extra vote came from.

She just should not have used it at that vote IMO. The less people thre are the more value a double vote is so she really could have bartered with it after Benji was gone and could have really swung a Tribal. This really is a season of wasted advantages.

3 Likes

Well, tonight’s promo shown during The Bachelor focused on Monika. Surely she will be out next week.

1 Like

It’s just like the early seasons of Big Brother now. The under the radar people making it to the end.

Yeah I agree. The way Brian and Shonee (spelling) are being betrayed, I believe, means they will be the final 2.

But that means Fenella is double crossed or gets to the final 3 challenge and loses.

It seems Shane, Steve and Sharny will vote same and Brian, Shonnee and Fenella are another alliance leaving Monika to be picked off but then its anyone’s game unless they win immunity.

Couple of promos are running.

Why would it mean Monika to be picked off? IF the alliance lines that you mentioned are what plays out, she is actually in the position of power and most valuable person there. Why would you vote someone like her out at this late stage of the game and then be 3 vs 3? You would want hre on your side to secure a F4.

I think people are underestimating Monika. Since the merge she has voted for the person that has gone home every single vote so she clearly is a bit more switched on that the edit has given her credit for.

1 Like

Does anyone know what date the finale will air? There would only be 5 episodes left by my count so wondering if they are likely to air 3 episodes in the last week.

September 30 is NRL Grand Final day so Ten cannot show the last three episodes in that week. Ten could choose to air the finale on the following Sunday (October 7) after Bathurst 1000.
Also, will there be a reunion show?

Ok yeah so most likely end on the week of the 7th. I was told by someone that they are filming the finale/reunion on the first weekend of October so that all makes sense.

Tonight’s episode introduced a new concept called Dead Man Walking. I think it’s been adopted from the US version too. At the end of tonight’s episode, the contestant who received most votes would become Dead Man Walking, meaning he or she could not vote in the next two tribal councils. That person could still compete in reward and immunity challenges and could still be voted out by other castaways. If the Dead Man castaway made it into the final five, he or she would regain the right to vote.