Australian Survivor

Fixed :wink:

2 Likes

This has completely put me off the season now (if I wasnā€™t off it already).

Also does anyone find the commercials for this season completely unexciting? I feel like they donā€™t capture the show very well. We are just getting glimpses of people and then words on the screen constantly and not really seeing very much of the actual show at all. It will be interesting to see how this season goes because the concept of having celebs may appeal more to more casual viewers but at the same time I find the promoā€™s leading up to it could have been so much better. Not this choose your side nonsense. There isnā€™t even any mention of the new filming location.

Best series of promos on TV at the moment, with great social media feedback. Deliberately designed to not give much away, not matter how much the die hard fans might like a closer look. Whether it results in any more viewers ā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t necessarliy want a close look. I just think they tell the viewer nothing about the show if they havnā€™t watched it before. Needs more island and location shots. Not just showing contestants not on the island and words on the screen with random flashes of a challenge. Personally I think they are the worst promos of all 3 seasons.

Btw Bachelor is staying Wed and Thursdays ao this would have to be shifting earlier in week.

Ten just announced the new season of The Bachelor would premiere on Wednesday August 15 at 7.30pm, meaning Survivor will be shown on Wednesday night for two weeks only.

I dont know what they are thinking launching it on a Wednesday when it wonā€™t even be on Wednesdays. People hate inconsistant scheduling. They should have just launched Bachelor next week and Survivor the following Sunday or Monday.

Happens all the time in the US, a show will launch on a particular night and then settle back into its regular timeslot. Not saying I agree, just that itā€™s nothing new and indicative of how theyā€™re treated the show in the past to fill programming gaps which theyā€™d never do with Bachelor or Bachelorette.

It is bizarre how they have not released any cast photos or anything for this season. Itā€™s Survivor tradition to release the cast leading up to the show. It doesnā€™t bother me that much but a lot of people are whingeing about it in the Survivor Superfan Group Iā€™m in on facebook as they always do sweeps, pre-season predictions etc. Apparently they want to keep some surprise factor with the cast in the first episode, a bit like Iā€™m a celeb, which is why only a few names have officially been released and the promos are so vague when introducing some of the contestants. Itā€™s a bizarre approach. I thought Ten marketing would be throwing names like Commando, Russell Hantz (if he is on it, as rumoured) etc in our face pre season. Unless they have consciously decided to tone the celeb factor down given a general negative reaction by fans to the theme when it was announced.

Thereā€™s a new promo with Commando Steve and another contestant named Steve also, so thereā€™s been a bit more of a push around him over the last day or so.

Another Champion revealed this morning, appears to be Lydia Lassila

1 Like

Is Subway one of the major sponsors this year? They are also running a ā€œpick your sideā€ promo at the moment.

This has trainwreck (Hey at least it sort of sounds better than Edge of Extinction) written all over it and I doubt the Champions will be willing to come across as a villain or get their hands dirty.

As long as we get some interesting people with actual personalities, not afraid to lie, cheat & steal Iā€™ll be happy.

I love the weirdos and oddballs so I hope Fenella delivers.

Another contestant, former Miss Universe Monika Radulovic

So the first week it is on Wed and Thurs, the following week Mon-Thurs, then it goes to its regular nights of Mon and Tues.

So inconsistant. Not sure why they are so keen to burn off so many episodes so quickly next week when Ten will have barely anything left to air come October. Maybe this season gets off to a slow start?

They actually have a fair bit of 7:30 content left. Game of Games, Secret Life of 4yoā€™s, Bachelorette, How to Stay Married (I assume), Blind Dateā€¦

2 Likes

Full list of contestants

Russell confirmed! I hope he is as sneaky and manipulative as he was during his US seasons!

1 Like

The first 14 minutes of episode one: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/survivor-episode-1-sneak-peek-infamous-villain-shocks-contestants/news-story/bcdbcecdcbcabbde9845fa3e5e58d6c2

4 Likes

I hate that he is on it. Itā€™s bad enough that we have a tribe of recruited people but worse that an American that has played 3 times gets an Aussieā€™s spot on our own local version. He is not a Champion either, he has lost Survivor so many times because his game is fundamentally flawed. The fact that he has barely had any mention pre-season probably means that heā€™s an early boot.

Edit: Also this is probably perceived as a spoiler regarding Russell but from going through his twitterā€¦

I donā€™t think there is any way possible that he makes it more than half way. He was only off twitter for less than a month (given filming is 50 days plus pre-season stuff). Iā€™m guessing they kept the pre-merge vote offs together until around the merge and then they were sent off back home where he has jumped online. Iā€™m certain he will last no more than 5 or 6 eps, hopefully less!

2 Likes