Australian Survivor

So excited if that last name is true!

I am not. I am sick of that person and if Ten are already resorting to these stunts it doesn’t bode well for the show.

Full promo here

Confirmed are Mat Rogers (Football Legend), Shane Gould (Olympic Legend), Moana Hope (AFLW Player).

Not a bad promo, very dramatic but not sure about the red/blue like that… looks very State of Origin or crime related rather than Survivor.

5 Likes

Now THAT’S a promo.

2 Likes
1 Like

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/aflw-star-moana-hope-joins-cast-of-channel-10s-reality-tv-show-australian-survivor/news-story/b2560b83845586821407d7ac9ae757f1

I don’t understand why Moana and Shane’s full name are not mentioned in the Ten Daily article, but Mat’s name is?

Another 3 contestants revealed

New extended promo aired tonight during MasterChef, featuring host Jonathan LaPaglia.

Second promo

1 Like

Video here:

1 Like

Forgot the video in the post above. Here is HD version.

3 Likes

This season looks awful. We don’t need to see a bunch of old washed up sports stars play Survivor.

2 Likes

Its not going to be just sport stars, its champions from any industry. And who cares if some sports stars play Australian Survivor, in the US they usually have at least one sports star a season as a contestant.

2 Likes

The latest promo indicates they aren’t all sports start, one is an astrophysicist another a special forces commander.

They aren’t all but a lot of them are. I know they’ve had similar casting in the US, and the upcoming US season is basically a similar theme (David vs Goliath) but given it’s only our 3rd season and so many Aussies would love to play it’s a shame they’ve gone down this route so early. If most of the Champions were poached to be on the show I’m not sure how passionately they are going to play the game. Hopefully they are genuine contestants who are fans.

The promos just irk me with the ‘Choose your side’ or whatever angle they are going.

1 Like

This is the one thing I’m not looking forward too, since the whole franchise loves to push the shitty theme (I think GI wasn’t as bad as some of the others - HHH/BBB/MGX are the worst offenders imo).if they manage to balance the theme with the good ole mechanics that have lasted this franchise so many seasons, then it could hantz down be up there with the best seasons, like how NZ and many RSA seasons have been received by die hard fans.

Former Hawthorn and Western Bulldogs AFL player Brain Lake has been arrested following an incident in a Japanese bar.

Lake has recently been in Fiji to film Ten’s Survivor Champions vs Contenders.

*Brian referred to as Brain about 3-4 times in this article :roll_eyes:

https://tendaily.com.au/news/sport/a180709dkl/former-afl-player-brain-lake-was-arrested-in-japan-20180710

More teasers over the last couple of days. I’m sure someone will be working our buff colours form the clips :slight_smile:

2 Likes