Australian Survivor

Surely it won’t be any longer. I’m assuming that the 10-12 weeks probably includes the time that the production teams arrive to start setting up and clearing out once it’s over as well.

Last year I am sure they also said filming could take place between those months as well. I think it includes the pre show filming.

TVNZ 2 in New Zealand has been showing the current season for the past two months, and tonight was the finale and reunion. I think the Kiwis will be delighted the show will be back next year.

Why delighted?

1 Like

Why? They have their own version and the US.

They are already recruiting “Champions” for the next season. The I Quit Sugar lady Sarah Wilson (who hosted the first season of Masterchef) posted on her instagram a screenshot of an email that she received from the casting producer of Survivor, asking her if she would like to be a part of the show. She has since deleted her post because obviously she wasn’t meant to share it.

This is going to be awful.

:+1:

The email:

IMG_2078

To be fair nowhere in the email does it say to keep this confidential, although it appears to have been sent to her agent off a separate discussion with the casting producer. Maybe she doesn’t want to go on there in the first place so didn’t care about sharing online.

I think some of you watch too much Survivor and just aren’t enjoying the show as much

I just caught up on the whole season in about 2 weeks and I can say I throughly enjoyed it despite some really annoying “twists” that caused Tara to essentially get a second chance and AK getting screwed over by a random tribe shake up

A random tribe shake ups has been par for the course since American Survivor 3. He was screwed but more so from the fact that someone he had voted out returned in Tara and she had to get him back (which in defence of Tara, she had to at that point. Not doing so would have been stupid on her part).

I enjoyed Aus Survivor 2017 and it is one of my favourite seasons of Survivor ever (a sentiment shared by a decent amount of the online Survivor community). If it didn’t have the occasional goofy twist (and if they replaced a few if the less dynamic contestants (Tarzan, Odette, Ben) with more intresting people), it would be the definitive best season of Survivor ever.

I read an article somewhere this morning that suggest Russell Hantz could be involved with the Aussie season somehow. Please don’t be true.

1 Like

Sorry Chris but I love that self aggrandizing control freak even if he screwed over Jerri. Though I do agree he’s completely wrong for Australian Survivor. It also doesn’t send a good message that the Australian version needs US name recognition to bolster viewers, which only the hardcore fans would even remember him so pretty pointless.

1 Like

Herald Sun reports today that Collingwood AFLW player Moana Hope is also thought to be competing. Her Instagram account has been quiet in recent weeks.

Too many well known names for my liking

1 Like

Agree sadly. Whilst it wasn’t my cup of tea last year it was still on an okay track last year. I know the ratings didn’t set the network on fire, but nothing really does on Ten.

I also would have thought the failure of Australian Spartan would have warned them off the concept. Keep it to regular Australians and widen the casting ages.

1 Like

Luke Dennehy (ex-Herald Sun) has a few names expected to be in the cast: https://www.theweeklyreview.com.au/play/the-best-tv-shows-on-right-now-and-what-to-watch-out-for/

(Scroll to the end of the piece)