Australian Survivor

If they were told before, it would have taken away all the drama of that moment.

OK so it’s better to trick the contestants into thinking one thing to make for better drama. Gimme a break.

Henry switching tribes was more dramatic than that Tribal. Essentially that was the mutiny twist from Cook Islands, was far better executed and made this season much more interesting than that lame pointless vote did.

1 Like

You all need to stop watching previews and promos. I never watch them for any show so I never have a clue what’s coming. It’s so much better that way.

Everything is wrong with it. It’s cheating by the producers. Like last year, Jonathan lied to the tribes before the challenge. It doesn’t happen in the US Survivor because they know it’s unfair to the contestants and fans would hate it.

1 Like

Going by the comments on Facebook not many people hated it.

I was referring to fans of US Survivor. They wouldn’t wear it. Here, expectations are apparently so low that people don’t care if the show has no integrity.

Sucked in Henry - thought he would go over and easily “control” the Pink tribe too. He is so obviously on this show for his 15 mins of fame, and seems tonight most of the other contestants have figured him out too.

A shame Michelle wasn’t voted off on the blue tribe - what an unpleasant individual.

Of course casual viewers are going to love it. It’s the type of twist that casuals love because it’s a cheap gimmick for entertainment but superfans hate it because it pretty much goes against what Survivor is about.

Henry is so damn cocky and stupid to think that abandoning Jacqui like that wouldn’t go against him. Switching was actually a really dumb move, I don’t know how he thought it would go otherwise.

Looks like another gimmicky twist in tonight’s episode? Could be a vote for something other than voting someone else. Looks like a super Idol or something.

2 Likes

Kent was on Studio 10 this morning and is getting married.

I just saw the preview for tonight on the facebook page. The winning tribe is going to Tribal Council and voting for “the ultimate reward”. So looks like another episode where nobody is getting voted off. This season has slowed down too much. Assuming it means nobody going I don’t know why they would have two non vote episodes so close to one another. Last nights episode was boring and way too long for such a predictable boot. Those episodes need to be shortened and the pace needs to speed up and get to the merge now. I was loving this season up until last week but my interest is fading.

I assume the contestant which won the tribal vote tonight would receive the “super idol”.
What a novel idea to have a clue for a hidden immunity idol located at the ice cream reward stall then have the package hidden right next to the puzzle chest at the immunity challenge. Has this been done in the US version?

Yes this has been done the past few seasons in the US.

3 Likes

For those that don’t watch the US Survivor: A Super Idol is a special immunity Idol which is played following the reveal of a Tribal Council Vote. If a Super Idol holder has enough vote cast againat them to cause their elimination, they may use this Idol to save them self. In such an event, the next highest vote reciver is then voted out.

Surely they are not voting someone to win a Super Idol. I can’t think of anything more stupid than having to vote for someone to win an Idol or something that big. There’s no point giving someone an advantage if everyone knows about. It is then a disadvantage and pointless. You would just want to vote the person next tribal to flush the Idol out.

Exactly!

1 Like

Well last night was without a doubt one of the worst episodes that I’ve ever seen of Survivor. We had to endure the tribes strategise and go to Tribal council to vote over something they didn’t even know what it was. I couldn’t’ have cared less. Talk about the biggest waste of an episode ever.

Then the power that this Super Idol holds goes against everything that Survivor is about. Essentially it can be used to override someone else who plays an Immunity Idol. How is that fair? So for example, Henry found an Idol fair and square off his own effort. Now at Tribal if he plays to that save himself Ziggy can overpower that and vote him out? Stupid. Immunity is immunity. There is no point having Idols if another one can just cancel it out.

I also found the whole looking for the Idol at night to be completely fake. As if Ziggy was wallowing around those waters on her own in darkness for that many hours and then how coincidental that she found it just before sunrise. As if they were going to go through with a whole episode building towards this Idol and someone not finding it.

Plus you promote it as an advantage for your tribe and then you decide the very next episode to switch it up? Geez. The gimmicks are endless here.

I was really enjoying this season up until last week. It has now gone completely down hill.

2 Likes

So the super idol is powerful than what I first thought.
Based on the preview, in the next episode the two tribes would merge.

It is not on tonight and the tribes are not merging. It is a tribe switch.

Yes, it is a total tribal switch according to sneak peeks aired tonight.

As it turned out it was not a total tribal switch. After a random draw, only two members of Samatau (AK and Peter) joined Asaga. Michelle joined Samatau while Anneliese returned to her old tribe after a stint at Asaga. So the first swap came to nothing.
No surprise however AK was voted at the next tribal council.