Australian Survivor

So dumb sharing that Idol with AK there. Of course AK was going to go back and “earn” the trust of their rest of the tribe by sharing this vital info!

Feel like I’m watching a repeat of last season’s Lee / alliance BS with this Pink tribe.

It was always going to be 2 episodes after the first week. Isnt that one of the things that people were complaining about last year that there were too many episodes in the week?

2 Likes

What I hate with the editing though is that they hide pieces of information to try and make Tribal Council more exciting. I just find way too many gaps in the editing and it’s doing my head in. Like they never showed AK find the Idol last week to blindside the viewers. Last night they definitely kept out some scenes from AK to Tarzan and the rest of the tribe in the lead up to Tribal to build up more suspense. It’s starting to get annoying. Like AK must have told Tarzan that he wasn’t flipping cos Tarzan voted for Tessa.

The challenges too seem to be full of safety hazards again. What were they thinking having people hold up ladders and people crawl over them. It looked dangerous and they are lucky someone hasn’t injured themselves already.

I’m predicting at 18 we will go to 3 tribes of 6. I’m much preferring this 2 tribe dynamic at the moment as it’s much easier to follow with so many contestants. Although we are starting to have a very one sided season again and people falling into the same trap of big alliances of 8 people. What are they thinking?

1 Like

How many immunity idols were there? If AK used one last week, how did Tarzan manage to find another one? It’s disappointing his selflessness resulted in his elimination.

You musn’t watch much Survivor haha. Generally if an Idol is played it is then re-hidden. There would only be 1 in play at any given time at each camp, unless there is a tribe swap or come the merge you could have Idol from each camp plus a merge Idol in play.

1 Like

Agree on all points.

1 Like

I forgot to mention as well that the moral dilemma rubbish made no sense. It appeared you had a choice to either keep cookies just for yourself or get the wood for the tribe. Yet Jericho was able to share cookies with numerous tribe members. Doesn’t that breach the entire point of that dilemma? So that basically means that they could have just taken the cookies and shared them with the tribe instead of firewood? :confused:

2 Likes

Haha exactly!

Tarzan

Has anything happened like this in other versions of the show? Do they usually punish the tribe member for blatantly breaking the rules?

They don’t usually do gimmicky things like that in US Survivor. I think they may have done it once but it was away from camp and better executed.

Anyway last nights episode was awesome. We have some serious game players this season but also some serious dumbasses. Loved that they pulled off that move on Aimee who could not have been more ditzy and clueless, almost blurting out her alliances plan at Tribal. Stupid. Also loved the look on Tara’s face… after everything she did to Tessa as if she was just going to go along with their easy vote.

This season is becoming very one sided again though but I hope any switch ups dont happen for a few more eps to stuff over all of AK and Tessa’s hard work to a better position in their tribe.

1 Like

Was it always the producers’ plan to only have the immunity challenge during one of the episodes each week?

It was a great tribal (some cheering may have been heard) - the facial expressions captured were appropriate!

Psycho alert!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure last season was similar. There definitely weren’t rewards in every episode and I prefer it that way. Sometimes pre-merge reward challenges you couldn’t care less who wins and its a few less challenges that they need to set up.

Haha yep so many great facial expressions. This really was a great tribal that gobsmacked a lot of people. Although that dumb look on Aimee’s face seemed to be there 24/7. I don’t know how someone like her even got cast in the first place unless they just wanted to fill a mould of the dumb ditzy young girl. Quote of the episode was after she got voted out when she said she can’t wait to go have “a pot and parma”. :joy:

3 Likes

Anyone notice that Ten played an ad for the show after returning from an ad break saying it continues at 7:30pm tonight?

Given they aired it Sun-Tues last week there might be some confused viewers tonight who go looking for the show only to find Shark Tank in that timeslot.

Yes; total confiusion - had to check the EPG - later a promo for Shark Tank on Tuesday was seen

1 Like

Yep! Loved that Tara was totally clueless! :joy:

1 Like

Yes saw the same thing. I wondered if they just accidentally aired that in Melb only but seems it went everywhere. That’s a really bad stuff up and a lot of people will prob assume it’s on tonight. Maybe an intentional stuff up to boost Shark Tank.

I don’t follow it in the news. Dropping episodes just screws with people’s expectations and disrupts the established pattern. Not to mention it was obvious that it would rate better than that shit show Shark Tank. Ten fails yet again.

Probably because only six open their mouths.

Hmmm shame most aren’t any good and haven’t learn from seeing past mistakes. Sure the mateship BS has been dropped but nearly all the big game players are hopeless. From Tara to AK to Control Freak to Jericho.

1 Like