Australian Survivor

Exactly. There are obvious locations…and then there are obvious locations where simply the next person to step into an area is guaranteed to touch it…

It was too easy for contestants to find the clues to the immunity idol and then to search for it.

1 Like

It was obvious that in the Australian Survivor “script” episode 2 was always going to be the episode about Idols. Nobody finds a clue or is even shown looking for an Idol in episode 1 yet everyone finds them the same day in episode 2. They are clearly trying to force Idol’s onto people so they get used, unlike last season where they were barely played. It’s annoying because someone lie AK was saved by this producer interference which made people too scared to vote for him.

Idols or clues should be there from fay one and shouldn’t just be sitting on the watering well or in a boat right in front of targeted people. It just feels extremely planted and unfair.

1 Like

Also looking at betting odds on Sportsbet, once again we have one person significantly in the lead as the winner. That person is

Spoiler

Odette at $1.90. Given she has had close to no airtime it seems fishy.

Last year Kristie was in the lead with betting as well, so it seems like we have people in the know putting all their money down again on a known finalist.

Except this year is a live finale so how could they know who wins?

1 Like

Obviously they have filmed up until the final two and the result is rarely a surprise to contestants. They pretty much know who voted for who. Even worst case, a lot of cast/contestants/crew know who the final two are so pretty good odds to back one of them.

There’s no other reason from anything that we’ve seen that this particular contestant would be such a significant odds favourite, especially when the same thing happened to Kristie last season. It just seems suss to me.

1 Like

Yeah seems strange given she has hardly been shown so far.

When interviewed on Studio 10, yesterday, Jonathan LaPaglia said survivors were hit by 2 cyclones during the filming of the series.

2 Likes

Why is it so hard for there to be strong females on this show. Honestly I am sick to fucking death of women fawning over cock. It’s a month, deal without a man and be strong without one. Control freak disappointed me so much. The way she was all over Simian Action Man was gross. What so the only way to have a strong alliance with a man is to rub your pussy on his crotch? BULLSHIT!

I was so ready for Man Bun loser to take her out, but of course that was all talk, as per bloody usual. Now she knows there are people out to get her and I’m sure she’ll work it out. He should have just pushed the bamboo out and pretended he tripped.

What is with it this season though with idiot players falling into known Survivor pitfalls. They say they are fans yet commit cardinal sins of Survivor and complete no-nos. Going fast out of the gate and making too many alliances (AK), getting involved in an overt power couple (CF/SAM), wasting idols (AK) and throwing pointless votes out there that change nothing only cause suspicion and distrust (tool). At least we don’t have to suffer through idiots blindly swallowing in an alliance BS like last year. Small mercies.

I loved Tessa in this episode. I thought her tribal council performance was great. I was so glad Tarzan saved her. Tarzan also gets props for pushing bikini bimbo #2 over in the challenge. Silly girl shouldn’t have been right on the edge.

I also laughed at the old man getting clocked on the head with bamboo and no one gave a shit. If Jiffy was here am sure the cameras would have stopped rolling and medical flown in.

Tara you flipped. Own it, move on.

Botox queen you are still my favourite.

As for the promo regarding Tessa & Tarzan, it’s pretty obvious next episode is going to be a swap, probably after the reward challenge, and the third tribe will be yellow as spoiled by the promos months ago so creating all this false drama is completely unnecessary.

I thought the episode was the best so far but they really don’t need to string it out so much. It really needs to start being condensed especially if it’s only going to focus on a couple of players. In that respect I actually think this year is worse for editing so far probably due to the two tribe format. So many of the female players have barely spoke and we know nothing about them.

2 Likes

So shocked that Kate was sent home.

Agree on both points. A better episode tonight, but could be edited so much tighter. Tessa was great at TC - why anyone hasn’t said that Tara was a complete loony for getting upset at Adam telling her where an idol was is baffling.

There are so many occupational health and safety issues at these challenges…are they never tested for safety? Someone is going to get seriously injured…

Sam was driving me insane with her blabbering about people who had raised her name. Really want Henry to vote her off (especially for throwing herself all over Mark so obviously - who looks like another Lee type bullshitter) - but I hated the fact he wanted to throw the challenge. Absolutely no need for it at this stage.

Agree with above comments that ep 3 was best by far. It felt like the first opportunity to really see whats going on in each tribe without stupid gimmick twists and scripted planted Idols. Still dragged on in parts though and this show could be amazing if they even just cut each episode back by 15 mins.

Respect to Tessa for fighting for her spot. I think she won over the superfans that episode. Shes someone at the bottom who won’t just go out without doing everything they can. I really can’t stand Tara she has bitch written all over that face.

2 Likes

Kate told the Herald Sun that conditions were so bad one night that they had to stand up all night by the fire, and Tarzan developed hypothermia.

2 Likes

Quote from Locky “us misfits” - yeh right!

AK

Kate this morning

1 Like

So now we know that Tarzan doesn’t go until he at least develops Hypothermia.

The promo for next week is pretty much focusing on Tarzan with the big statement “What does Tarzan do!?”, which if it’s like last seasons promo department probably means he goes. It kind of reminds me too of “Sue’s big move!” that never happened.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this up because I was only thinking in the last episode about this. I hope Shine has a great legal team because some of these challenges this year looked sketchy as. Especially the one when that silly bimbo fell with the giant ball. Imagine if she had fallen and had been under the ball. The fall Bogan Barbie took and slammed her head on the ground looked brutal. Even the bamboo piece that fell and hit the old guy in the head and drew blood. Lucky it wasn’t his eye.

I also hate on both the US Survivor and this one say they have a poxy ‘dream team’ that tests challenges but this silly dream team is mostly made up of fit athletic looking people that have never had to endure the harsh elements, starvation and sleep deprivation so of course they are going to fly through the challenge and make it look safe. It feels as though this dream team is made up to purely make sure the challenges are achievable and no loop holes are exploited not to assess the safety of the challenges whatsoever.

I agree completely with this also. Control Freak is also the type of player that is her own worst enemy that will never win. It always shits me when players go after the obvious player rather than using their brain and go after someone less obvious that has the potential to go farther and is seen as less of a threat. Making a big move doesn’t always mean going after the most obvious target or a player that had no shot of winning anyway.

You’re right about it being too early for throwing challenges. They haven’t even swapped yet and the merge is no where in sight.

1 Like

The show must be that diabolical in the ratings that the show will not only be simulcasted on ELEVEN but also ONE on Sunday. For Perth viewers it will be after MotoGP. Well this is what my EPG tells me.

1 Like

We know what the ratings are, it’s right there in the ratings thread. Whilst it’s doing well with younger viewers, the older viewers have abandoned it resulting in a lower total viewer figure. Its averaging 632k at the moment. This is 135k down on the average at this point last year.

Well I was completely wrong about a swap. Typical of the producers not to do the logical thing to make the game more interesting and shake it up as to avoid a fucking pathetic pagoning like last year. Pink has absolutely no incentive to try and win immunities from here on out until the swap. Yeah like that makes for riveting viewing.

It is now four episodes and I still have no clue who half the cast are. I didn’t think this year could be any worse than last year but I’m starting to reconsider that. Having two tribes with so many people and neglecting half of them in an hour and a half show is just pathetic. How are viewers supposed to get interested and keep interested in these players if you know nothing or next to nothing about them. Sure they may be boring and don’t give great sound bites, but that’s castings fault and they should still be thrown a few scraps to at least pretend they give a fuck about them.

I ended up liking Tarzan a lot but was not sorry to see him go. He was such a moron to go to ape man in the first place after the idol find. He should have kept the info to himself and played it on Tessa at tribal. He also shouldn’t have trusted that useless PoS AK.

Tessa is a rob.bed goddess in the making. I loved how there was absolutely no pretense. As soon as they lost she was out looking for an idol and she didn’t even have time for a conversation as it was eating into her idol hunt time. Production had better dump an idol in her lap like they did to that bitch Freebie last year. I will be livid if she gets snuffed out next episode.

The more I see of Jericho the more I don’t like him. I don’t need another waste of space hypocrite do gooder that pretends they are some noble wanker and are throwing away their morals just for Survivor. I call bullshit. I also really wish he would get over his penis obsession, it’s getting way beyond tacky and awkward. I got second hand embarrassment watching him fawn over Tool & Mega Tool.

It’s such a shame Control Freak ruined herself as I really wanted to like her.

Botox Queen delivered yet again. Only minimal screentime but she shines.

Man bun tool is a fickle idiot. So he wanted to throw the challenge last time and yet nothing this episode. There was absolutely no follow up or resolution to that story. Waste of space.

AK is like an even more piss weak version of Nick. Once you have broken or lost trust you don’t get it back and you very rarely win it back. Once a weasel always a weasel. Honestly for a self confessed mega fan he is as dumb as a box of bricks. His strategy is like that fool Matt’s last year. Pray and hope for the best. Him and Luke would have to be two of my most hated Survivor contestants of all time.

I should have watched Hell’s Kitchen & Blue Murder.

2 Likes

And it comes as no surprise to anyone especially with all the older players being predictably booted off. Older viewers aren’t going to stick around to watch a bunch of dumb fucks bumble around to share cookies and act gormless

Ten cutting an episode isn’t a vote of confidence either. Such a shame because Ten/Shine learnt absolutely nothing last year and have squandered the format.