Australian Survivor

And? Does that mean it should have a thousand times the viewers?

It should definitely have more viewers. To me it is way more interesting than Ninja Warrior. But then again if quality equalled ratings some of the shows comissioned by the networks wouldnt make it past the first two weeks.

2 Likes

For all the investment and cost of production ten really should be getting higher numbers for this show. Hopefully the figures improve year on year.

2 Likes

Hopefully. Apart from The Block and probably initial interest for Hells Kitchen theres not much competition. At a minimum it should be rating at least 800k.

Here we go :grinning:

Loved last season, tonightā€™s been great so far, a fantastic new reality!

That immunity idol is bigger and heavier than last year.

One could say the Immunity Idol is thicc AF. [chuck in a few :b::sweat_drops::eggplant::weary: emojis too]

It really is Beautifully shot. Best produced reality show on Australian TV

4 Likes

Great premiere episode.

1 Like

KFC has replaced Hungry Jackā€™s as fast food sponsor. Since there is a KFC store in American Samoa, it should be easier to deliver food rewards to the winning tribe in future challenges.

2 Likes

Full promo for tomorrow

2 Likes

It was a good first episode considering I have Survivor burnout. The casting is so much better this year. Though there are plenty of duds.

Luke is the most excruciatingly annoying a-hole I have ever seen on tv in my life. He isnā€™t funny, he isnā€™t smart (that strategy if you could call it that was monumentally stupid. Have some balls and go after the figurehead not a useless minion) and heā€™s a smug irritating douche 100 per cent of the time. You arenā€™t a boss Luke, just an annoying piss ant.

Henryā€™s yoga ā€˜strategyā€™ just defies belief. Go back to gopher work hun.

AK is not long for this world. How many times has that strategy of making friends with everyone and overplaying worked? Yeah none.

Markā€™s drawl is like nails on a chalk board.

Simian action man is way too he-man for my liking.

I want to like Tara but I donā€™t.

Jacqui was my goddess. Go botox queen.

I liked the rest of the J people too. Brunette Barbie grew on me, Bogan Barbie not so much. Sideshow Bob did nothing for me. Control Freak I liked a lot but fear sheā€™s going to get booted soon. The others are meh.

1 Like

Really strong start other than the unnecessary fire challenge and the very predictable first person voted out. Also agree with Harriet. Henryā€™s yoga character is just pointless and a little ridiculous to be honest.

tenplay extra :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks god. I have no idea how thry would survive survior without a junk food reward.

1 Like

I thought that premiere was crap.

The ā€œchallengeā€ of getting to the beach first with the supplies was monumentally stupid - in the end, the red team was rewarded for getting to the mat 1 second before the other team which got there carrying several hundred extra kilos. What did that determine? What was the point of even having supplies on the ship then? Thatā€™s not ā€œstrategyā€, thatā€™s just rewarding uselessness.

Then why werenā€™t there at least two hooks, with two bags, so each tribe could cleanly attempt to play for it rather than it becoming ridiculous scrap?

Why did any team even need to head back to camp without any supplies? Surely the massive bag of rice was reward enough for the team that got to the beach first.

The main challenge - convoluted - why was there the need to create a human pyramid when every other section of the challenge involved climbing up? Why was there no padding or support for the girl that fell down on her back? Why was one of the teams allowed to roll through the puzzle without completing the task of arranging the climbing blocks?

The editing, so sloppy and slow. It would have been painful to watch with commercials. Faster, tighter editing please! Especially the opening scene with bizarre drawn out shots of waves - exciting way to begin. :roll_eyes:

Way too many bogans. Not enough good looking people. Last year was successful because you had people like Flick, Phoebe, Brooke who could narrate well AND were also switched on and could play the game.

The ā€œjokerā€ is a massive dickhead (what was the point of flipping simply to create a tie). AK is the most annoying person ever (a second rate Nick from last season).

I remember hating the first ep last season but liked the season overall, so will continue with itā€¦but that was a VERY POOR opening episode.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I wasnā€™t too far off actually - a tatted bozo completely lacking awareness with no idea how to play this game.

Why do you even bother even watching these reality shows when you just bag the hell out of them? Just love to troll everything? Or are you a masochist?

3 Likes

Here you go. I spelled out the answer to your question before it predictably came.

God damn, find the dickhead is probably the funniest thing in an opening episode ever.

Iā€™m gonna root for the 6 players from Westraya cause why the fuck not.

Not the best, not the worst, at least m8ship wasnā€™t littering the show.

Iā€™m waiting for KFC food tie ins at my local (rip my health).