Australian Survivor

Maybe only the first week will be 3 nights?

I’ll be surprised if this season does any better than last season. Promos havnt caught me as much this time. They needed a new angle to promote the season but they seem to just be doing the exact same thing again.

Interesting theory.

Survivor emphasising its physical challenges in attempt to snare Ninja Warrior’s active audience

Australia’s Strongest Competitors Prepare For Battle.

Network Ten’s extraordinary new season of Australian Survivor will pit some of Australia’s strongest athletes against each other as they take on remarkable challenges in a fight for $500,000, beginning this Sunday at 7.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

With some of the most physical and gruelling trials ever seen on television – including one spectacular challenge inspired by Australia’s love of sport – the tribemates must demonstrate courage, endurance and strength in order to outwit, outplay and outlast their rivals.

Boasting a crop of competitors that includes a former Special Ops Commander, a two-time Olympian, a barrel racer, an endurance athlete and an adventure guide, this season’s castaways will raise the bar to unprecedented heights.

For each of the 55 days that the contestants are marooned on Samoa, their mental and physical limits will be tested like never before. They must fight even harder in the spectacular new challenges, while playing the world’s greatest game.

Please click here for a sneak peek of the epic challenges in the new season of Australian Survivor.

According to the forward schedule, after the first week, Survivor is scheduled to be shown on Sunday and Monday with Shark Tank taking the Tuesday 7.30pm spot from 8 August.

If the show maintains at two episodes per week from August 6, it means one episode will be scheduled on the night of NRL Grand Final on October 1. It’s up to Ten to decide whether this will happen.

That’s probably where they are getting the extra ep in premiere week.

This does read like an ad for ANW

It does; ridiculous. :roll_eyes:

The reality? Jonathan asking several times each Tribal “who is the alliance” to a bunch of bozos who’ve spent the whole day bitching and gossiping about each other.

Tommy on the set

He spelt Waleed’s name as Walead? :thinking:

Though not unusual for them to spell people’s names wrong I guess.

2 Likes

Indeed, there have been some interesting spelling over the years.

CBS named the

I think some were deliberate, and some understandable.

1 Like

That’s definitely someone picked for his wit and intellect in presenting…

So on the Facebook page they reveal that there will be “Super Idols” this season.

I am already concerned about the gimmicks. They’ve tried the Super Idol thing in the US and it was lame, so they got rid of it. Last time there was a super Idol it meant you could play it after the votes were read out.

Although I guess they gotta force Aussie contestants to use Idols, because as we saw last season Aussie contestants saw having Idol’s as a disadvantage. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Network Ten’s extraordinary new season of Australian Survivor makes its explosive debut this Sunday at 7.30pm.

Season one of Australian Survivor boasted some of the most physical and gruelling trials ever seen on television – and this season takes the competition to a whole new level.

But before even reaching the treacherous island of Samoa, the 24 competitors come face to face with nature’s full force, as they approach the island aboard a barge in a torrential downpour on a dark and stormy night.

Surviving the elements is just their first battle. The contestants are quickly divided into their tribes and thrown straight into their first challenge, in which they must combine strength, speed, endurance and wit to win vital supplies for their camp.

I hope that it will be the Koh-Rong variation of the Super Idol (two regular idols = one super idol). Out of the few seasons that had the Super Idol, that version of the idol created l the best TV.

In Koh-Rong didn’t you have to combine two Idols to make a Super Idol? That I’m okay with because you have to trust someone else enough to inform them of their Idol and then use them together to get that advantage. That has an element of strategy to it.

However by the looks of the Aussie one it’s just a Super Idol that can be found like any other. My problem with Super Idols like that is that they actually remove an element of strategy. The whole thing with Idol’s is a good player is someone who knows when to play an Idol at the right time. Super Idol’s (assuming it’s the same as US where it’s able to be played after the vote) can just give people a security blanket and reduce their need to play too hard - because if they are voted out they are safe.

News Corp has been provided by Ten the opening segment of the first episode and it is a ripper. Also the article has more details of the season including Super Idol.

The first 15 minutes has been on the shows Facebook page since 7:35pm last night.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/survivor-contestants-believe-their-game-is-a-much-greater-challenge-than-ninja-warrior/news-story/9efec27bb9edb8f081c5c336fa123642

Oh give me a break. :roll_eyes: Don’t you hate it when one network’s spin becomes “news”…

While that article is obviously a bit of promotion for the show, I totally agree with what they are saying. Survivor is thousand times harder than Ninja Warrior.

2 Likes