Australian Survivor

I wouldn’t mind seeing it on a multichannel. Beats finding it illegally

Yeah, I think Ten wouldn’t want it because of Survivor overkill. I notice that there’s never been another country’s MCA-style MasterChef shown here, including on Foxtel, although there are many around the world. My guess is that Ten has the right to veto them and does so for the same reason.

1 Like

Herald Sun reports today nearly 200 Australians have converged on Samoa for the production of fourth season, adding new locations may be revealed soon.

What do you mean by new locations? They are filming in different parts of Samoa?

4 Likes

I know of someone who is heavily involved with Survivor (as in does a podcast, interviews contestants from both US and Aussie version etc) and he claims to know of about half the cast for season 2 (which is currently filming) and he is very underwhelmed. In fact rather than casting a lot of die hard fans or people who naturally want to play the game he claims that casting doesn’t really focus on that at all and once they’ve selected a cast pre-season discussions have been coaching certain contestants on how to play certain ways to try and fit certain moulds. Very surprised by that but makes me think there were definitely some plants last season like Des.

How does someone personally know half a cast?

He doesn’t PERSONALLY know half the cast but he has been briefed on about half of them. He runs the Australian Survivor Superfan Group on facebook and does the podcast. Pretty much everyone from the show (contestants, producers, host etc) he has interviewed and he is in close contact with. He said that a couple of contestants are people from the facebook group.

I see. So he has interviewed the ones going on to Survivor S2?

I am not sure and I don’t want to speak for him - except that he’s a nice guy, a passionate Survivor fan and covered the show well last season with all his connections to the show. He only claims to have been briefed on about half the cast whatever that means. I’m assuming he’s been in discussions with someone working on the show and maybe had a chance to browse through some of their bios or applications. So for me him saying that for some of the cast producers are selecting people to fit certain moulds (rather than diehard fans) and then coaching them on strategy and gameplay and encouraging them to play certain ways… well I believe what he says.

1 Like

I can’t see any problem with that - exactly what CBS does. Die hard fans are often the worst players anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not all for die hard fans and often find them annoying anyway but I don’t like the idea of coaching them on strategy, if that allegation is true it will become quite obvious. They kind of did that last season with that cartel lawyer that was a bitch and eliminated pre-merge.

1 Like

cc: Maxwell from a few seasons ago (the guy who taught survivor in his classes at college)

1 Like

Sam Webb will be making an appearance in Neighbours.

Must find out the episode and avoid it like the plague.

Coaching contestants, why am I not surprised. I just hope whoever is coaching this season does a better job than last season, because even with all that coaching most of them sucked.

2 Likes

###Australian Survivor Is Back.

Spectacular New Season Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

The highly-anticipated return of Network Ten’s spectacular family entertainment series Australian Survivor is imminent.

Season two of the critically-acclaimed human drama will see the country’s best game players take Australian Survivor to a whole new level.

A former special operations commander, an endurance athlete, a marriage celebrant, an Olympian, a doctor, an adventure guide, a plumber and an international poker player are just some of the contestants selected from over 20,000 applicants.

Their bodies will be pushed to the extreme, as they compete in epic, physically demanding challenges, while they mentally navigate their way through cunning and strategic gameplay. Over 55 days, they must outwit, outlast and outplay each other to become the sole Survivor.

Hosted by Jonathan LaPaglia and set in the stunning tropical paradise of Samoa, Australian Survivor is currently in production and will return to television screens later this year.

Survivor is the world’s most talked about television program. It is the show that launched the reality genre of television programming almost 20 years ago and it remains the centrepiece of broadcasting schedules around the world.

Who will have what it takes to win the world’s greatest game?

4 Likes

As I posted on TV Tonignt, but David doesn’t seem to understand what I mean. Ten have put the wrong voice over at the end of that add.
“Coming soon to WIN.”

1 Like

I saw that on TT and I’m not sure what your point is? It is coming soon to WIN though as WIN is the regional station for Ten. Just like how NBN is for Nine and Prime for Seven.

1 Like

Screen grabs from the HD version of the promo. First look at the contestants?

3 Likes

Yes… but TEN make two versions of every add. One for WIN to screen that has the WIN logo and says “on WIN,” and one for TEN to air with the TEN logo that says “on TEN.”

The version TEN have uploaded is neither of those and has the TEN logo with the WIN voiceover.

WIN aired their version of this add earlier tonight with the WIN logo at the end.