Australian Survivor

Kristie is currently in Vegas celebrating Adam’s win. I just saw a snapchat from Jay and she was in it. She has also put a photo up on Instagram of her and Adam.

2 Likes

And Jessica Lewis (of Gen X) has been dancing with Kristie and tweeting about her.

Yeah I noticed that as well. She has obviously been invited to attend the finale. The celebrations are going for a very long time.

Apparently Kristie wasn’t able to attend the actual finale for whatever reason but she has been hanging with a lot of the contestants including some of the contestants coming up on Season 34 (Game changers). She also met with Rob Cesternino who gave her a pretty hard time on his podcast throughout the season so hopefully they cleared the air!

Good on her though. As a Survivor Superfan myself I am so jealous and it’s my dream to meet contestants and go to a finale! To this day from US Survivor I’ve only met Jerri Manthey and Jonny Fairplay. I might have to get over to one of those US reality tv show conventions they hold over there sometime.

2 Likes

Oh gosh that name brings back memories - even though Jeff dislikes him, he should really play again!

He has played again before. He was definitely entertaining.

yeah I know, I meant a third time.

1 Like

Kristie is still with Jay no others seem to be around anymore.

Nah she was at the Finale. Was a guest of Figgy

Totally confused by this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Herald Sun reports today that season 4 (or the second season on Ten) will start filming in early May. One of last season’s competitors Sam Webb has landed a guest role in Neighbours.

Similar timing to last year I think. I assume that they are going to use the same location?

Also apparently the timing contestants need to set aside for filming means that its likely to be a 24 person cast / 55 days season again.

Jonathan LaPaglia said on the Logies red carpet yesterday that he would leave for Samoa this Thursday (April 27) and would be there for 2 1/2 months.

Another long season in the same location. It will be interesting to see what Ten do, if anything, to freshen the show up. Surely they need a new angle to promote this season and don’t just do the same random 3 tribe split. When the US use repeat locations (as these days they film 2 seasons back to back) they generally give the second season in the location a theme or twist.

I was impressed to see that NZ Survivor has gone for a much smaller cast and looks more similar to old school US Survivor format. That is much more refreshing to see than our drawn out gimmicks.

But I am hearing that SurvivorNZ is at least 20 episodes and it’s airing twice a week (Sunday/Monday on TV2 for any New Zealanders who are here). If that were the case, it would mean that the episode format is going to be different from the regular “Tribal Council at the end of most/all episode” format, which is something I don’t like the idea of.

If I had to guess, each round of play is separated over two nights (let’s say Reward Challenge Night 1, Immunity & TC on Night 2). I would much prefer the Aus Survivor format (larger cast with an elimination at the end of most episodes save for an occasional twist) then this stripped format (smaller cast with an elimination every second episode) that I expect SurvivorNZ to follow.

1 Like

TEN should try pick up the NZ version to air on one of their multi-channels before the Australian version returns to our screens in approx August.

Don’t you think that’s a bit of overkill? There’s already the US version airing two seasons a year on Go. I don’t think Ten would benefit by adding ANOTHER version to Australian television especially given the next US season would start up similar time of the year as well.

1 Like

OK if this is the case then it sounds even worse than Australian Survivor.

Not if it’s a shorter season and airing on a multi-channel, they could air it anytime or even have it as a tenplay exclusive if it’s decent/cheap enough. It could appeal to the dedicated fans or anyone who enjoyed the Australian first season on TEN and would possibly be interested in trying out the NZ version.

It is not a short season… I was wrong about that. If you read @dominator’s post above it looks like the NZ season is actually as drawn out as the Aussie one (if not even more).

I just don’t see any point in airing another countries version (when there is already the US version airing) in the lead up to ours. It is not going to do anything to benefit the Aussie version but only provide overkill (even if it is only on a multichannel)l.

If they were going to air the NZ version it would make more sense to air it AFTER the Aussie version, maybe on a multichannel over summer. Then it’ doesn’t damage it and is far enough away from a third season (if it gets that).

2 Likes