Australian Survivor

Not diverse enough!! (in before all the twitter losers).

2 Likes

Should be more contestants with glasses!

2 Likes

That better be a dad bod!

This story apparently reveals the names of four of the contestants.

At least a bit of diversity this time.

Anyone watched the NZ version yet?

What does that even mean? What does the report reveal that warrants the comment “at least a bit of diversity this time”? I presume you mean the one individual shown from Asian descent…are you saying 1 “diverse” contestant is more than what they had last season? Even though they had more than 1 last season?

Can only presume yours was a troll comment, because it’s completely baseless in fact.

There was a big criticism of lack of diversity on this show last year compared to other reality shows and Australia as a whole.

There’s more diversity with three out of those four contestants announced this year, which was probably as much as the whole cast last year.

I’m sorry, I can only see one “diverse” contestant there, and off the top of my head there were at least 2 visible minorities last season. So your comment about there being “at least some diversity this time” is false.

I watched the first ep a couple of weeks ago but didn’t bother to go back for more. The host is dreadful and the contestants unlikable.

2 Likes

I got excited when I saw that the NZ version was a 16 person cast but then I found out that people only go home every 2-3 episodes. That sounds brutally painful to watch.

Yeah it really does. I was considering giving it a go but might give it a miss.

Yeah it’s absolutely dreadful.

I wouldn’t go so far to say dreadful. It is defiantly lower tier Survivor but enough to satisfy my Survivor addiction during the hiatus of the US and Australian shows.

However, one thing they got going Kiwi Survivor is that they are doing a Live Finale/Reunion show in Auckland and unlike the US show, the tickets are available for purchase for the general public.

Here is the ticket website if anyone is interested (I doubt anyone is but just in case): http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/240052BDD680187D

(Get the hint 10 & Endemol-Shine: We want a Live Finale/Reunion for Aus Survivor 2017)

Sorry for the self promotion, but this info may be of interest.

2 Likes

They seem to be choosing quite a few minor celebrities.

Samantha Gash, Nicola Zagame and Jarred Seng are all well known enough to have wikipedia pages.

Herald Sun has revealed even more names on its website.

New promo

3 Likes

Some caps from the HD version

2 Likes

New promo screened tonight

4 Likes