Australian Survivor

She cant. Its only $500,000

Not sure what I just watched. Such an undeserving winner.

1 Like

Kristie certainly turned it around in that final Tribal Councilā€¦ every single vote but Elā€™s! :scream:

3 Likes

Nice to see the slightly odd introvert character overcome the mean girls and the bullies to win.

7 Likes

What a finale. If only the rest of the season was even half as exciting

5 Likes

Well she sure showed us

3 Likes

Well some will be eating their words now. I think she deserved to win. Listening to her game plan really painted a big picture for me.

3 Likes

The winners announced section felt very staged. They filmed two versions and you could tell. They have to had the live finale. Make it a big event. That was the biggest letdown for me.

What a series!

It was fantastic, loved it, bring on season 2 :grinning:

Kristy was a bombshell tonight, I never wouldā€™ve even considered she had a strategy or had been playing the game all along, it was very impressive.

There was some very interesting questions and points made tonight, some very valid too.

I feel a bit sad for Lee, he was so down to earth and friendly.

But ouch, all but one voted for Kristy in the end & tnh, she deserved it after all that :facepunch:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Well even if she didnt have a gameplan she certainly did a great job at manipulating the situation so it looked like she had played all along.

Ive watched a lot of survivor finaled and I think her pitch and the her answers were some of the best I have seen. She reminded me a bit Sandra.

3 Likes

That was a great finale. They had a short intro theme and it was straight into the final immunity challenge, which was epic in itself.
Listening to their statements and responses at the final tribal council, I felt Kristie was more deserving to win than Lee, I just never imagine it was a one-sided vote (8-1).
Looking forward to the second season.

I totally agree. Next yearā€™s finale vote plus the reunion should be held in Sydney or Melbourne in front of a live audience.

1 Like

What an epic night of TV. The most enjoyable Survivor final I can remember, especially the 8-1 vote. Some of the best answers to jury questions heard. Those scenes at the immunity challenge were so emotional, from the family arriving to Kristieā€™s plea to Lee to their collapse from exhaustion afterwards. Kristieā€™s decisions to not go for the big moves proved to be the difference as everyone that tried one was soon gone. I could totally understand her POV on those decisions. I wasnā€™t sure the jury was going to accept the explanation though.

6 Likes

Kristy made the important point that ā€˜strategizingā€™ does not need to be defined as masterminding big moves. All the big movers were either eliminated soon after or blindsided before they had the chance to move. Kristys strategy of playing dumb and letting everyone feel they were in control turned out to be the strategy that had everyone fooled, audience included. And was the strategy that won her half a mil. I think that scored her respect from the jury and a few undecided votes.

5 Likes

She has to be one of the great strategist of all time if her final tribal comments are to be believed and were the waterworks at the final immunity challenge strategic to make Lee lose concentration and lose his grip. That was one of the great final tribal performances ever. It was clear she was going to win in my opinion after the opening statements.

2 Likes

Where did Chester end up?

Itā€™s easy to say in hindsight that she did the right thing. At the time though it wasnā€™t. She still put herself in a situation where she had reduced odds of getting to the endā€¦ that being her only hope of getting there was by winning that challenge. It was the only way. Thatā€™s a poor strategy. Going with the others would have improved her odds (when for example she would have been a more even match if the challenge was more physical, and would have had someone like Matt who said he would never vote her out after the letter still in the mix). She took the less likely route but still got there so be it. In her own words though she believed Lee would get every vote. So I dont think she played strategically at all but managed to pull off that win and paint herself better than Lee in the end.

Anyway that was a good finale. The final challenge was really good and there was finally a use for that rock with waves crashing on it that they always showed multiple times nearly every episode lol.

Full credit to Kristie for totally switching it on at that finale. You could tell by the editing that she had it. She was painted in such a positive light that episode. At the end of the day I donā€™t think either played a strong game. Not even remotely. In the end Lee just didnā€™t seem passionate enough to fight for it and Kristie seemed to be a completely different person. The key two things that stood out to me from the jury was that Kristie did survive 20 Tribal Councils (a lot was luck and just following the pack but still a feat in its own right) and JLs point that Lee was not willing to play the game. That possibly swayed a few votes.

Iā€™m feeling a little better about Kristies win than I thought I would because she did do a good job at that Tribal. I donā€™t know what it wasā€¦ maybe they had a big feed and shower prior because something made her a completely different person!

Now Iā€™m just wondering who leaked the winner so early on? Sportsbet had Kristie as the clear odds favourite to win pretty much from the start. Clearly some contestants/family members/crew put big money down on that one!

2 Likes

I feel that one factor in the way she played was that she couldnā€™t trust anyone in the game. With each instance of a big move that the other players needed her for, there was no guarantee for her that they would actually vote the way they had promised (and even if they had, the next vote she could be the next one gone). Looking at the previous tribal Kristie couldnā€™t trust that Flick would vote with her against Lee. She was just as likely to have made an alliance with El to vote Kristie off.

1 Like

I know itā€™s highly unlikely, but wouldnā€™t it be even more amazing if Kristy just bluffed all that at the jury :joy:

1 Like

Colour me shocked. I severely underestimated how bitter the Jury were with Lee. I thought he had it in the bag. It was great to know they saw through his BS and manipulation.

I really needed a bucket to hurl into in that episode. What was up with Krustieā€™s make a wish foundation theme? All that was missing were the fairy wings and pink ponies. Krustie hun, I couldnā€™t give a fuck what your dreams were as an eight year old. Iā€™ve never liked the family visits and this episode is exactly why. It was way too sappy and over the top.

Well Krustie pulled it out of the bag. Good on her. Though I wasnā€™t as impressed by her final performance as the Jury. Several items she mentioned were flat out wrong. Firstly, she didnā€™t know every time who was voted off as several times she aligned with the minority like the Kate boot. The Rohan boot came to her surprise as well. Being dragged along isnā€™t a strategy and it certainly wasnā€™t her strategy. Her strategy was letting her daddy issues come to the fore and playing anyone but me card. So I would have actually liked her to articulate her actual strategy. I also give her no credit in the Phoebe boot. That was common sense which took her far too long to work out. I donā€™t really give her any props for the final immunity win either. Her begging, pleading and doing whatever it took was desperate and certainly not the makings of a strong independent Krustie. Lee had her exactly where he wanted her, with a guarantee and looking like the good guy. It was the first really great bit of independent strategy Iā€™d seen from him. Shame it blew up in his face. LOL. The jury really went easy on her answers and I guess were looking for any way in which to award her the win.

I still stand by that this was a hideous season. Great that Krustie beat that pig Lee, even though she had spades more luck than most every other winner, but everyone was just inherently unlikable that was left towards the end and it was so drawn out and predictable, except the salt at the end. I really hope casting and production have realised their mistakes and are working to rectify it next season.

3 Likes

Of course most of what she said was a bluff and a big stretch of what actually happenedā€¦ but she did a damn good job the way she spoke and convinced people of it. I give her a lot of credit for that. In comparison Lee didnā€™t seem to try and put forward that much of a case at all.

2 Likes