Australian Survivor

Well that was PATHETIC. Kristie. Sooo sooo dumb!!!

The one thing that annoys me about Australian production companies is its lack of runions for its shows. How hard is it to do a live finale?

1 Like

Yes, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. So infuriating. Now Kristie has to win immunity, and even if she does it’ll be tough to win. Her best chance was to take Flick to the end and instead she votes her out.

1 Like

I had wished Kristie would play the game a bit harder. What did she have to lose putting Lee and Flick in a fire challenge? She is a bit gutless. But if she comes out and wins the challenge it might be worth it. I really thought we would see one last move. But we didnt. El and Lee will be final 2. Lee will win.

1 Like

Calling it now. Worst final 3 ever and most boring finale ever. Since the merge, this season has been the worst I have ever watched.

5 Likes

The tribal was coming to an end at 8:40 I thought we were going to a fire for sure. Definitely a dumb move from kristy, she had everything to gain and nothing to lose voting for Lee. I think it would have been a different story if Lee had won immunity. Kristy is much less loyal to el.

Imagine if kristy did win immunity though, all would be forgiven.

No way. If Kristie gets to the end she doesn’t deserve a single vote. It would be rewarding stupidity. She has not made a single strategic move this entire game… instead just made unlogical decisions and allowed others to take complete advantage of her. The juries reaction to her tonight was priceless.

Yeah I agree. She hasnt played a deserving winning game. I dont want Lee to win. But he will win.

God, I don’t want all three to win. How awful.

Kristie just proving last night how crazy she is for Lee…I refuse to believe the others haven’t noticed this, or talked about it behind her back. Their reaction during Tribal Council shows they know what’s going on.

1 Like

I am wondering whether Kristie had a thing for Lee. It honestly made no sense what she did not vote with Flick. It was admitted by both they would take one another to the final. So why? I was baffled.

The thing that I’m most baffled about are the number of people on the Australian Survivor facebook page that think Kristie is a deserving winner. She seems to be the clear fan favourite and people seem to be pretty passionate about wanting her to win. I just can’t comprehend it but must be first time Survivor viewers who don’t respect the game and then again Australian’s love the underdogs. I don’t like Lee or El and they are nowhere near deserving winners BUT when you compare them to Kristie at least they had an alliance and followed their own game through.

It’s because Lee and El are such unlikeable people. So people are going for Kristy by default.

3 Likes

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/family-feud/917/74?u=tv.cynic

You just have to look at who Australians voted to win Big Brother some years. It wasn’t very often that you could describe the winner as deserving.

What a fantastic episode. It was such an inspirational one too. The puzzle queen aka Miss El fantastic reigned supreme. Yes Lee, I too would like to see the puzzle queen face off against Nick. A one trick pony against a bunch of deadbeats versus Nick at puzzles. Game on!

Give it a rest Meter Maid. You sealed your fourth position the moment you hitched your carcass to the power couple and the biggest idiot ever scene on tv. You deserve that position.

Congratulations Krustie. You will never win a million dollars, but you have an even greater honour that money cannot buy. You are absolutely, hands down the biggest delusional moron and fuckwit that has ever graced the tv landscape. Bravo girl. A truly fantastic performance that even your father would be proud of. You go win that challenge for Flick babe.

Seriously. She knows Lee & El are close and taking each other to the final two. Yet still votes with them. She knows she has an incredibly slim chance winning final immunity against them. Yet still votes with them. She constantly says how she is making the decisions and that she is her own boss and won’t let anyone manipulate her. Yet lets Lee control her like a servant girl. She knows voting out Lee will be better for her game. Yet does nothing. She harps on about not trusting Flick. Yet doesn’t realise she doesn’t need that trust as she’s the perfect goat. Needs to make sure she gets a spot in the top two. Yet sides with the only power couple taking each other to the end.

Lee is such a nasty control freak. Yes we get it. Flick did you wrong girl even though she saved your ass. There’s no need to be a petty bitch and keep rubbing in her face and making her feel bad. It’s a game and her plan failed, so what’s the problem Lee? You’ll still be winning. The best comment though that really took the take was calling Flick’s desperation a ‘bit Nick-ish’. Wow that must be a pretty lovely view up on that high horse Lee. Talk about the delusional pot calling the kettle black. What a snake. He wouldn’t even admit to taking El to the final two after being called on it. What a spineless cretin. All that shit he gives he spews about being honest and noble and what a low down dog Nick was and he can’t even admit something when called out on it. Doesn’t surprise me in the least though. A sanctimonious hypocrite will never change.

El it doesn’t take being a mind reader to know if you have Jury votes, just some common sense. But I guess you lucked out on that as well.

PMSL at Flick’s vote. Best one ever and so true. The icing was her calling Krustie an idiot. A few bright spots in yet another boring and shitty episode.

2 Likes

This article highlights a lot of what I have been saying all season about Survivor.

How Aus Survivor Betrayed the Essence of the Worlds Greatest Reality Show

I feel the same. I don’t want Kristie to win. But I did. I think its the underdog thing. The thing you need to remember audiences are different in Australia to an American audience. An underdog is always supported more greatly here in Australia. Hence why you will see Kristie having a huge following. I wanted a game player to win, and I hoped she would make a move (I thought she might have last night but she didn’t). So I don’t really want her to win.

With that said I don’t want Lee to win. I don’t like bullies. And I feel he has bullied a lot of people in that show. For example not letting someone speak to another person. Like who is he to control that? He is not the boss. I do think El has played a strong game, yet many people disagree. She has played some big moves and voted out some big players and somehow she got rid of all the blue tribe in succession. How? I don’t know. But she seems to be the one that led it. Do I want her to win? Well she is the best player out of a boring final 3. Will she win? No.[quote=“Chris, post:638, topic:460”]
How Aus Survivor Betrayed the Essence of the Worlds Greatest Reality Show
[/quote]

I don’t agree with a lot that article states.

I agree the dragged out episode = miss.
I agree that the no elminations in some episodes = miss
I agree exile Island = miss. No point
The one thing I DO NOT AGREE with is the twist they played. That was genius. Fishbach, along with others from the US survivor agree that this was a great twist. This was applauded by many traditional survivor fans, me included. The thing is its not like the American version has always stuck to tradition either. There has been times when they have changed things up as well. They might not have done this at a tribal council but still I think that is part of the game.
And come on its not like they could say in the promos. Oh Sue will try to make a big move but she might not pull it off and we could see another predictable elimination. It is their job to hype the show up and make people watch.

Again I think it is some die hard survivor fans, who didn’t want an Australian version, trying to find excuses to make this season a fail. I too was very skeptical. But they did a good job of the season. The twists were good. The casting probably let them down slightly, but still they had some good players on there as well.

A few things they must change for next season are the following:

1. Cast some more people who watch the show. Encourage game playing in the auditions.
  2. Fix the merger and don’t be afraid to swap if things become too one sided (current American version is a prime example)
  3. Redemption Island - I think this will be popular with Australian fans. Australian’s love the underdog and that would be the ultimate underdog.
  4. More hidden immunity idols. They put a new one out every time it is used in the American version. Do they same here.
  5. Less episodes with no one going home - Redemption Island could change that. (They could bring 2 people back for the merge and continue redemption Island after the merge to bring another contestant back for the final 6 or 8 or something.
2 Likes

Sadly I think it got to a point where nobody wanted them so they stopped bothering. Possibly there were even more Idol opportunities that were edited out because they refused them again (eg the second time they went to Exile could have happened).

1 Like

That’s what annoyed me most about the show. Game playing was frowned upon.

1 Like

Seems like some were wrong about Kristies path. It got her to the final 2. :stuck_out_tongue: