Australian Survivor

Yeah, worst editing of the season in tonight’s episode. No question that it would be anyone bar Nick.

I have the feeling producers thought he was a star player and could build the whole episode around him, without even giving Sue two seconds of air time. I couldn’t stand Nick by the end of tonight’s episode. An annoying turd. Big gob, blah blah, blabbering about some bullshit constantly, while moving those abnormally long arms and legs around. Urgh.

His dickhead move of shouting out from the voting platform that he was voting for Sue just confirmed what everyone had said about him. He honestly thought tonight was going to be his revenge on Sue for voting him off on Vavau; lol.

1 Like

Oh and they spent waaay too long on the contestants reading out those letters - what a snooze fest! Should have been a one hour episode.

4 Likes

He makes them reveal way too much information at the Tribals and tries to reveal everyone plans as well which can ruin their game. He should not be influencing the game that much. Like on Monday night he pretty much made certain that Nick knew that he was getting some votes and to play his Idol. Last night he was pretty much throwing Brooke under the bus for no real reason and trying to reveal the pecking order. Let the contestants sort this stuff out. He is there to generate a discussion not reveal peoples plans and alliances. Yes I know from a viewing perspective this season has become one sided and certain contestants need to wake up but it’s not up to the host to make them do that. Just because they stuffed up with stupid twists that promoted people in the majority to feel comfortable doesn’t make it OK to blow people’s plans up at Tribals.

Although we can’t completely blame Jonathan. A lot of people whinged about this same thing on social media after Monday’s episode and he has admitted that most of the questions that he asks are told to him in an earpiece from producers.

Well we will know she is going home the second she starts getting airtime.

It seems any episode that has both an immunity and reward challenge needs to be 1 hour 45 mins.

Ha, thought that from the beginning, can’t believe he admitted to it. The pauses in between each question are sooo awkward.

1 Like

News Corp has an excellent article on secrets from this season. For example, contestants don’t walk all the way between their camp and tribal council - they travel in a van to and from the set where tribal council is filmed (the trip can take an hour each way) and a producer makes sure nobody talks to each other during the trip.

In two lengthy challenges last week Jonathan interfered to speed them up. There was no need to force them to take one arm off in the hanging challenge. He ruined the challenge and a couple of them didn’t even understand they couldn’t switch arms. It was as though he and the film crew got sick of waiting.

Why would they split an odd number of people into two teams, forcing one to sit out? They could have saved that letter reward challenge till one more was out.

[quote=“Firetorch, post:513, topic:460”]
Stupid Kylie had to go running over to tell Brooke straight away about Sam’s secret plan to get Nick voted off. She’s so dopey.[/quote]

Yes, she ruined the whole thing by blabbing, but no one seemed to notice and she seems to have escaped any consequences. Sam should be furious with her.

[quote=“Chris, post:524, topic:460”]
He makes them reveal way too much information at the Tribals and tries to reveal everyone plans as well which can ruin their game. He should not be influencing the game that much.[/quote]

I have the same complaint about Jeff, but Jonathan is worse. Every tribal council I’m just hoping that Jonathan will shut up before he spoils whatever plans are afoot.

I was thoroughly sick of listening to Nick and finally he is gone. It’s just a pity he made it to the jury. I hope Kristie wins.

There was a post I saw on social media over the weekend showing a bit of a blunder in the editing. If you go back and watch the auction challenge from last week… you will see people’s buff colours change throughout the challenge. In some shots people are wearing their old tribe buffs and in other shots the new buffs. There are also shots where people’s seating positions change slightly too. In one scene Nick is directly behind Lee but then the next shot there is a girls body behind Lee. Clearly they re-filmed parts of it or took scenes of peoples facial reactions from earlier episodes. It’s really sloppy editing!

Edit: Here’s an example… these shots came directly after each other.

Just heard an unfamiliar voice and looked up. Jenna Louise. She spoke! She can speak! She is obviously gone tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

You know the producers are desperate when they pull that exile beach idea out of their asses. As with everything about this season too little too late and nothing was done to break up the majority. It is an idea that has merit though and should have been used as soon as the merge hit.

Kylie was a grade A moron to the end. Ahh hun, the game has already started and it started over thirty days ago. Typical wishy washy BS from her as usual. I hope people make a move, shame you didn’t like you said you would hey Kylie. See ya bitch.

I laughed all the way through Matt telling his lame ass sob story. He’s never been likable so it’s a bit late in the day to start humanising him. Also unless he’s as thick as dog shit he must realise he’s on the outs. Do something, don’t just roll over and take it up the arse. Pathetic. At least he looks to be going soon.

PMSl at Jennah Louise in the promo. Another loser that has missed her boat. If you wanted to make big moves JL you should have started much earlier when the numbers were on your side.

My favourite part of the episode though was two faced Toolie bombing out in the immunity challenge first and going to loser beach. What a knock to the ego that must have been.

I really like Sue, but that promo was BS. So Sue’s big move was accepting Meter Maid’s offer. Like anyone would turn that down. It wasn’t a move at all.

1 Like

Yeah I know that ad didn’t make sense. I am wondering if it is a move for tomorrows episode?

Totally agree. Now she’s across what Brooke is like - she didn’t say or do anything about it when in the game though, she was happy to go along with Brooke’s every word.

Of course his flaw is he wants to be liked by all - he thought he had all the girls on Saanapu fawning over him, and he feels like a total fool now that he was embarrassed by Nick.

They are making this season up as they go. It’s had more twists and turns than any Survivor season ever yet it’s still one of the most one sided games we’ve ever seen. Every twists seems to favour the STRONG! Once again the strong people who have dominated this game by picking their tribes and picking off the other tribe dominate the challenge and get to keep numbers because of this pathetic twist. splitting up the tribe so unevenly made absolutely no sense because it completely ruined any opportunity for anyone to make any sort of move.

Also what is with nobody wanting Idols? Producers have stuffed up big time in the first place for making it known who could potentially have Idols (The moral dilemma, the clues at auction and now 4 people presented with a clue) so people are avoiding them but if you were on the bottom you would still search for it. Make a move. It’s boggles the mind how stupid our players are.

It was pretty much the first episode where the person featured in the promo was not voted out. Wow. I was actually surprised for once. However the promo was a complete lie. I don’t think it was referring to tonight as every snippet of her in the commercial was in last nights episode.

As much as I hate to say Brooke or Flick deserve to win. They are the only two here playing strategically and remind me of Kim in One World.

Jenna Louise features in the promo tonight so odds are she goes home.

Yeah, now Jenna Louis is pleading for people to open their eyes and make a big move.

However, when she thought she was ‘in’ with the bitchy cool group on Saanapu, she didn’t even want to look twice at Nick.

Same with Kylie yesterday. You can’t complain about people clinging to an alliance when that’s how you played the whole game yourself.

Hate Brooke and Flick’s smart arse little answers at Tribal Council, especially when what’s being said about them is 100% correct. You can just tell they hate being questioned at TC too, or even having to say anything at all. That’s not how Survivor has ever operated. You don’t get to coast through and pretend everything is rosy with everyone.

Sounds like something is on between El and Lee too from what we heard at Tribal Council tonight.

Why do people wait until they are on the chopping block before they start going off about the so called majority? JL is a big reason these people have numbers… up until now she has just done what she’s told by them. Yet suddenly she wants people to play the game. She should have done something earlier. It’s pretty pathetic. JL will be gone next, then it’s Matt. Yawn.

3 Likes

I know! This season is extremely annoying. The boys have no balls and the 3 girls just run the show. It will probably be a predictable ending. Unfortunately the 3 girls have known how to play the game.

3 Likes

To make the show more interesting I kind of hope JL goes on a Terry Deitz like immunity streak just to shake it up and make the others have to turn on themselves a lot earlier than it is looking like they will have to.

1 Like

It annoys me so much that the producers ruined the first season with that last tribe swap that saw all blue team members stick together and then a dominance by that team… The cast was pretty strong. The challenges were great. The show had great potential yet that one stuff up has probably cost it with predictable eliminations.

1 Like

And when you think about this series, and you look back on that first episode - what a mistake that was. That highly irritating gruff bogan would have turned so many viewers away.

Aussie’s are just too conscious of how they are going to be portrayed on TV to play the game as hard as they do in the US. Usually on our reality shows if we have villains it comes down to editors trying to mould one. Look at Nick tried to take a step back at the merge because he was concerned about how he would be perceived back home as a teacher, which resulted in him getting voted out. Even Sue made a comment when she was on the chopping block about how she wants to play but doesn’t want to go all crazy because she wants to maintain a good image for her family. The girls this season who most viewers don’t seem to like because they are controlling the game, they haven’t really done anything to be regarded as villains. Editing has just painted them in that light and I see articles on the weekend in newspapers of them trying to clear their names from being villains of any sort.

As for how this season is going to pan out… which ever way it goes I think Kristie is definitely the swing vote tonight and will make it top 4 or 5 at least. I predicted her as the winner a long time ago and I still think if she slips through to the end our boring jury will give her the win just because she wasn’t a part of the alliance. Personally Sam is the only person left that I remotely like but the only deserving winners are Brooke or Flick.

I just don’t see what is wrong with being a ‘villain’ on a show like this. Of course you don’t want to be the villain on a show where the public votes, but Survivor isn’t the public’s choice. And lets be honest the public aren’t exactly warming to the nice ones on Survivor anyway… I agree I think that is what the contestants are thinking. But I don’t think they thought correctly.