Australian Survivor

As long as you own it, I can get behind you. Just don’t be smug and dumb and take no prisoners. The biggest bitches are always the best.

TBH so much about this season has been a clusterfuck it wouldn’t surprise me they hyped Freebie up for nothing. I mean they gave her chance after chance and she was still a loser. It was pretty overt as well. Giving her a golden ticket back would just take the cake.

Maybe that’s all they had in the editing suite. Meter Maid doesn’t exactly come off well for a villainess, Brooke is too boring, Kat already got booted. Maybe none of the others were giving the producers what they needed and they just decided to milk her for as long as possible. She did get quite a few confessionals where she came off terribly, so I just chalked it up to her eventual comeuppance.

I do agree though about the strange advertising overkill. I think she made just about every commercial pop up. See Phoebe’s guttsiest move whilst you can people because in two days she’s snuffed.

Great episode last night. The merge finally happened and the new tribe would be called Fia Fia. How did the contestants come up with the name? They didn’t have a dictionary.
The contestants must be so hungry that at the auction, some of them offered large amounts of money just for some decent food e.g. Kate paid the maximum $500 for garlic bread and pasta with wine. I wonder if there was a fridge underneath the wooden bench to store the dishes?
The 13 contestants might be living under one roof but it seemed like they were still two separate tribes. The old Saanapu tribe split the votes on Conner and Kate, in order to eliminate the three remaining members of Vavau. They succeeded in sending Conner home, I won’t be surprised if Kate was next.

I wouldn’t be either but the guides say someone isn’t happy with the contestant who is eliminated. So I am expecting a bit of a blind side. Well I hope so anyway. If she goes I cannot think of who I would like to win.

OK I’m glad I was wrong about no Tribal this ep but geez what a fizzer of a merge episode.

I find most in the Sanapu alliance really annoying and arrogant. Mostly those girls who just sit there and think that they rule the roost. Yet at the same time I find the underdogs are not really game players either. They couldn’t even vote for the same person so I don’t hold much hope for them to make any change the direction of this season in the next few votes. The way that Connor just let Brooke come up on that conversation with Lee was pathetic. I would have told her to go away and made a big scene of it in front of everyone to open their eyes. Not just let little controlling things like that slide by,

Also Nick. Get him off. Annoying. Usually I like the superfan type players but he does my head in with all his lifetime Survivor fan references. A lot of other contestants are lifetime Survivor fans too but we don’t hear about it with every second word that comes out of their mouth.

At this rate I think Kristie will win and I want Kristie to win. Underdogs will dwindle… she’s kind of in the middle and will be an easy vote to float to the end.

They need to do something to pad it out a couple more episodes I believe which is going to be harder to do post merge. So returning contestants is a possibility but surely it’s not going to happen. The only way they could justify returning contestants is if those returning contestants had been sitting on another island since they were voted off. Otherwise it’s ridiculous and completely unfair.

Another way they could extend an extra episode is do a vote of the jury twist like they had in the last season of US Survivor. Although that aired pretty close to this filming so I doubt they would have thought up something like that.

Ideally we just let the game play out with no twists or gimmicks until the end now.

###The Jury Villa

From Tuesday 27 September

Australian Survivor: The Jury Villa Premieres.
Exclusive Series On tenplay.
Follows Eliminated Castaways As They Decide The Winner.

For the first time in Australia, Network Ten will introduce The Jury Villa, a special online series that follows eliminated Australian Survivor contestants as they form a jury to decide the series’ winner and sole survivor.

The nine-part web series starts Tuesday 27 September, when the first member of the jury is announced on Australian Survivor that evening.

Running exclusively on tenplay, the online series follows contestants as they leave their final Tribal Council and arrive at the Jury Villa, a half-way house between civilisation and the game.

Viewers will see how the eliminated contestants interact with each other away from camp, as they discuss strategies and what really happened while on Samoa.

Relationships will form and change as they learn more about each other and reveal if their behaviour in the game was genuine or just part of a strategy.

The gameplay continues in the Jury Villa as the contestants decide what kind of jury member they will be. Will their exit from the show influence the way they vote and where do their alliances truly lie?

At the Jury Villa, contestants enjoy their first proper meal in weeks, a hot shower, a comfortable bed to sleep in and the opportunity to see their reflection in a mirror for the first time since being marooned on the rugged tropical island.

They will also attend the final round of Tribal Councils to watch and listen to the remaining contestants and ultimately decide who will be chosen as the sole survivor.

The Jury Villa will be available to watch at www.tenplay.com.au/survivor after Australian Survivor on Tuesday 27 September.

2 Likes

Aka Ponderosa. At least this makes it seem like no eliminated contestants will return. It also means that the first person to join the jury must be tomorrow night.

Sounds like it could be a good extension of the show online, if only tenplay wasn’t such a shit site to use.

I would say that means no returning contestants. I’m relieved yet annoyed that they removed such strong competitors early. I would have liked to see Conner, Craig and Pheobe on the jury to be honest. People such as; Sue, Brooke and Matt not so much.

Bit fed up to be honest.

1 Like

I’m actually enjoying it more as the cast gets smaller.

Yeh but such an unlikeable alliance has dominated the show…

1 Like

Yeah shit casting turdall. And not enough game movements from producers to ensure two tribes didn’t go into the merge so lopsided, and with such idiots on the minority side (who couldn’t even synchronise their votes last ep).

I’d hate Flick and Brooke and whoever else to be sitting there at the end.

Stupid Kylie had to go running over to tell Brooke straight away about Sam’s secret plan to get Nick voted off. She’s so dopey. A few days ago she was pleading her case on the beach, begging the Saanapu pretty girls to keep her - and they didn’t even respond. Why go and tell them straight away about what Sam had told you in secret? She is totally on the bottom of that grouping.

Funny to see Flick and Brooke, that act so sweet and honest, losing their shit tonight at not controlling something. If it genuinely is an equal alliance you have, why is it Sam and Lee can never make a decision?

1 Like

I’m assuming then that you have not watched much Survivor before? This is usually the point of the game where things go CRAZY. However it’s a predictable removal of Vavau and a predictable pecking order in Sanapu. I think this has become one of the most predictable seasons since Redemption Island (season 21 the season Rob won). It also has elements of Palau (1 tribe losing everything and turning to basically nothing). Yes of course the longer it goes on the more you connect with the contestants but strategy and gameplay wise there is nothing going on here. We saw more exciting moves in Vavau with Phoebe than I can see happening here post merge. I’m just frustrated how producer interference made it one sided. Yet at the same time it’s even more frustrating that nobody will play the game.

Someone like Nick who claims to be a superfan pretty much harps on about not wanting his Idol? How about make a move with it and get rid f one of the strong players? Nick is alllll talk. Then we have Kylie who is a blabbermouth and could have been a part of a game changing move. Idiot. Worst of all is Lee who has to live up to his word. This is Survivor!! Geeezzzz.

Regardless of what happens Nick and Sue are the next two to go. There’s no excitement or unpredictability. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it any other way.

I still can’t believe everyone are letting those awful pompous girls just lead the way. It’s pathetic.

1 Like

Missed a few episodes, walked straight in and said that Nick would play his idol. Not a huge fan of the Survivor franchise, but even I can’t see such predictability being a good thing

Another boring and predictable episode.

Pretty sad Kate got the boot. One of the few likable players actually left. Loved how she really gave it her all at tribal. Calling them out and saying they need to grow a pair was awesome.

Kylie is an idiot. She’s spent the entire game sucking up to those in power, who really can’t stand her, in the hopes she may ascend the pecking order in the alliance, even though we found out in this episode she’s been dumped completely out of that alliance and El & Lee have assumed her place. Honestly that women is thick as dog shit. Does she not realise her ‘alliance’ hates her. It’s been obvious since day one. As for her playing both sides and giving those on the outs false hope, those are the actions that cement you as the perfect goat. I can’t see Kylie winning in any scenario.

Jenna Louise is perhaps this seasons biggest letdown. At first she was presented as some intelligent, gutsy strategist who was willing to flip the game up and make moves. Fast forward and she’s just being a pathetic sheep riding on coattails. At this point her game is done. No one is going to taker her to the end, she hasn’t solidified any relationships whatsoever and she’ll be the first booted when she isn’t needed as a number. Another waste of space that can’t win.

Sam in some minor miracle managed to take his balls out of Brook’s purse. Shame it was too little too late Sammy.

Nick played terribly in this episode. Why flush the idol down the pan for nothing and stick with a group of people that don’t trust you and were openly targeting you. Instead of being a little bitter bitch he should have mended fences with Jenna Louise, Sue and Kate and tried something. His game is completely done now. I did appreciate him calling out the double standards of the others. He is right, he certainly isn’t the only one with blood on his hands and the holier than thou attitudes from others stink.

Lee is such an unlikable douche. Why bother staging an alliance to depose Nick if you had no intention of going through with it because you gave others your world. That isn’t heroic or noble. That makes you a two faced arsehole, which sort of goes against his entire brand. Complete moron.

I can’t believe something like El, fake, two faced El that couldn’t be trusted as far as you could kick her, has managed an in with Meter Maid and Brooke. Just a revolting woman. That heavens she’s almost non existent.

So because of one production screw up we now getting of one the most boring and predictable Jury phases ever. Bar some minor miracle Sue, Nick & Krusty are going to go next and let the eternally smug and arrogant blue tribe walk to the end. I don’t think I’ve encountered so many unlikable players that make the end before except for Survivors universally loathed seasons in 21-24. I also have no idea why the editors are presenting those that make it the end as so unlikable either. Strange.

3 Likes

Has there been a surprise boot any episode this season? The editing is atrocious. Despite getting multiple votes we knew Sue wasn’t going because she barely said a word this episode. It couldn’t have been more obvious that Nick was out because the episode conpletely revolved around him. It’s the same formula every every single episode. Grrrr! Also Jonathan is prodding them way too much at Tribal Council. He needs to step back a bit.

1 Like

I like Jonathan in the tribal councils. I think it needed to be done. No one is calling the three girls out for being the decision makers. Producers obviously want the boat to be rocked. I think Jonathan has done a fantastic job. Probably the best part of the show.

The core three of Elle, Flick and Brooke really annoy me. But they are obviously playing a smart game. Kristy is the one I am rooting for now. Hopefully she can make some sort of moves soon. I could list about 8 people I don’t particularly like.

And what has Jenna Louise done? Has she pissed off producers? She gets NO air time.

1 Like

Completely agree with you, makes for some fantastic awkward tv when they go for close ups of the contestants.

Also agree re Jenna Louise, my sister asked me tonight if she was an intruder :joy:

Surprised that the Jury Villa episode hasn’t been promoted during the show or on the shows Facebook page, you would think fans of the show would be all over that. I just watched it, was okay for a 10 minute episode but lacked a little something to make it really worth watching IMO.

1 Like

I’ve seen Jenna Louise posting in some facebook Survivor groups. They probably aren’t meant to be doing that. I tend to think she must have done something wrong to get such an invisible edit.

But surely thats not the reason for the unfavourable edit. Unless they are planning something big for her. Its all a bit strange. She has easily had the least airtime.