Australian Survivor

Yeah it’s getting a little ridiculous, look forward to seeing tomorrow nights episode.

I don’t really understand how that is going to work unless there is a merge in the next few episodes. “You can’t sit out the same people in back to back challenges…” Umm…

1 Like

There will be a merge or tribe swap Sunday, surely.

That would then make tonights episode and twist pointless and a complete waste of time. They have to stick it out this way for at least one vote.

Just like the last one?

Oh I misread your post. Right Sunday would be at least 1 ep. I reckon two eps it will be this way though.

Regardless gosh their silly twists have stuffed this season up. Every twist favouring the same people to just keep winning. I sorta hope yellow keep losing to rub in the producers faces how much they’ve stuffed this all up.

1 Like

Yeah its becoming too one sided. Viewers will switch off if it continues.

Producers clearly just trying to save Phoebe now. Nevermind the fact her ‘big moves’ have consisted of…waiting for Rohan to play his idol for her, and her playing another idol which mysteriously Craig, with a whole list of directions, couldn’t find, but she did. They think they’re onto a winner with her; she’d look great as the eventual sole survivor.

She wins whatever happened tonight. First of all, it meant no-one going home, which potentially might have been her - and if the others had any brains, should have been her. Moved to Saanapu, and she would have aligned with the other bitchy young females. Left on Vavau and her odds have massively improved as she’s in a 2-2.

If this happened back when the other tribe swap happened, fine, you’d say it was part of the game. However when one tribe already has a million more members and the programme is crying out for a merge to keep things interesting, then this was the dumbest move producers could have made.

Why didn’t Phoebe and Kristie go searching for an idol this episode? In fact, why didn’t everyone on that tribe spend their whole time looking for one, if they knew Phoebe randomly found one so easily? Smells so so fishy.

2 Likes

I really don’t like him - no matter what team he is on, he’s a little squirrel that goes and dobs on everyone (usually to the pretty young girls, though). He seems infatuated with Phoebe. She lied through her teeth to him last episode and he couldn’t care less this episode. He wants to work with her. He was going to keep her informed and confirm other people’s moves with her before TC. Says he can’t bear to lie to someone this episode, to a person that has lied more to him than anyone else.

A little twerp.

Kate also continuing to show how dopey she is. Sue picked up on the fact Kristie had known about the idol and lied to the others about it - Kate acted like it was the first time she had heard this information.

The immunity challenge tonight was edited to look as if it was close but it was no where near being so. Kate, after all that time, looked to just have a bunch of pieces scattered in the puzzle outline. This backs up her effort last immunity challenge where she barely threw a coconut through the square target for Conner to catch on the other side (yet somehow editing again made it seem as if Conner had stuffed up, by falling into the mud twice, even though she missed 50 coconuts herself).

For someone that obsessively, almost in a psychopathic fashion, was gunning for Andy to go home because of his challenge efforts, then she is equally, if not more, inept.

Um how does this twist help Phoebe? Kirsty was the one that was going to get voted out tonight and due to the twist she is still there. According to the ad for tomorrow’s episode Kate tells Kristy that Phoebe was trying to get her voted out, Phoebe is basically screwed now unless she finds another idol.

Also Phoebe had just played her idol the last tribal, so why would the tribe go looking for another one so quickly. They don’t get put back into play that quickly.

That challenge and advantage were clearly designed for Vavau by the producers but they failed once again.

Well the producers have no clue then if they implemented something that was meant for a tribe that can’t even win challenges to get an advantage! However I would have been just as annoyed if Sunaapu finally lost and didn’t even have to vote someone off.

I don’t think its rigged for certain contestants and these twists would have been planned pre-season (cos 26 episodes ugh) but it highlights how amateur our version is the way its backfired. It goes back to the tackiest uneven tribe pick earlier on. Yes tribes have been uneven on US Survivor and dwindled down to nothing but if it happens due to luck of initial tribea or switch ups then so be it. This hasn’t though. This whole scenario is just plain unfair.

1 Like

Well, the producers didn’t think it up two seconds before it was decided by Vavau that Kirsty would be voted off.

The producers knew that after Phoebe found that immunity idol, that something would have to be done to potentially save her once she had played it. They tried to do it in a non-obvious way - ie. a benefit that could go either way. Except the fact it was so monumentally stupid to have Saanapu potentially gaining another member shows that there were other motives behind it.

Producers are going to try their hardest to keep interesting characters, people they can build narratives and a show around.

Er but Rohan had just played his idol for her, when she found one? In fact, that’s why they suspected she wouldn’t have one - because she basically found it immediately after she had just played one.

What’s the secret rule as to when they get put back into play that they were all following that not one of them dared get off their arse and look for one?

You don’t know that none of them had been looking for an Idol. Just because they didn’t show it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It would be pointless them showing us random people searching for an Idol (that may or may not be in existence) if it doesn’t eventuate to anything.

###The Game Of Survival Changes Forever
With One New Super Tribe, It’s Every Survivor For Themselves.

Sunday 25 September

Network Ten’s spectacular family entertainment series Australian Survivor reaches a pivotal moment this Sunday 25 September – and the game is changed forever.

Marking the most significant part of the competition so far, the two tribes – Saanapu and Vavau – will come together to create one new tribe, Fia Fia. The merger will push the drama and strategy to a fever pitch, as the tribe mates compete for individual rewards and immunity.

Fia Fia means “happiness” in Samoa and the name was selected by the contestants themselves to symbolise a unified tribe. But with the former Saanapu tribe mates outnumbering the former Vavau members – and former friends and foes now forced to live together – the tribe is even more competitive than ever.

Some contestants have a target on their back as soon as the merger is announced. Game play and tribal politics flip as the tribe mates try to outwit, outplay and outlast each other to win the $500,000 prize and the title of sole Survivor.

And, tonight on Australian Survivor, one more contestant is sent home in the unmissable final Tribal Council before the tribes merge.

1 Like

All that effort to steal a tribe member for 1 ep. What a waste of time. I’m predicting Saanapu win again tonight so they are pretty much forced to make the merge happen. According to the description in the guides the first immunity challenge as new tribe is on Monday… so looks like we will have another episode where nobody goes home on Sunday. That will be 1 person sent home out of 3 eps.

There is a tribal council in Monday’s episode, because Tuesday reads

One tribe mate is furious after last night’s tribal council …

I think Chris meant that there won’t be a tribal this Sunday.

1 Like

Yes thats what I said in my post.