Australian Survivor

Amazing tribal. That was a masterclass from George tonight. . Looking several steps ahead to now have the majority of the tribe on his side. He could so easily have done nothing, not even reveal his idol as technically he didn’t need to play it. The looks from Simon and then Jeordie when the first vote for Fraser was revealed were classic.

Twitter

4 Likes

George thought all that through between the end of the impromptu immunity challenge and returning to tribal? Amazing. Shonee and Liz did a great job keeping a straight face knowing they voted for Fraser, and Simon still doesn’t know his idol isn’t real. Jordie is in just as bad a position as Simon here.

I wonder if there will be no tribe swap this year? It probably would have happened by now, looks like it doesn’t happen in tomorrows episode either. And from then on we must be getting close to merge. A change for the better if so.

1 Like

Well George is just a typical politician for the ages - an absolutely deluded bully with grand views of himself based on nothing. He still calls himself the “King” despite losing on a landslide, and is a far bigger bully than Simon - he only calls him out on it because he wants to be the King Bully himself.

He’s not even that great a manipulator - so much of his good fortune seems to come with multiple helping hands from the powers that be and his overall gameplay is pretty basic - it’s just those around him are even dumber.

As for his move tonight - after the producers threw in a bonus immunity challenge which George had played before which he failed to win - well it certainly was great TV and created a great moment, but ultimately George needlessly flushed an idol, didn’t get his target sent home and burnt bridges with multiple members of the tribe. I don’t think the girls were looking on thinking “great move George” too either - and even if they were it’s probably with the view he needs to go.

Also hate how production lost control of tribal - breaking off into groups to strategise isn’t something that should be done there. Will be interesting to see too how producers have screwed Simon over with his non-idol idol. If it’s a nullifier he should at least know it is. If it’s a dud why put it in there in the first place?

It was an unbelievable tribal council which demonstrated why George is one of the biggest players in Australian Survivor history. But it came after a bonus immunity challenge which was especially designed for the Villains tribe. I think production feared that if the Villains continued to lose (group) immunity challenges and down to an unspecified number of players, they would have to merge early with the Heroes tribe.

2 Likes

I think that’s a simple minded take. It was one of the best played idols ever IMO. George went into tribal as the target in a minority alliance. He not not only survived, but decimated the larger opposing alliance. He flipped Stevie, isolated Jordie, eliminated Fraser and completely castrated his arch rival Simon. That wouldn’t have happened without using the idol. George is playing the long game, using an idol to create a strong trust-based alliance is more valuable than using it to survive one tribal without any long term prospects.

6 Likes

It was an incredible episode despite the unnecessary production rigging.

I really like George but dear god can he get irritating. I usually support the underdog and victim but how George behaves, pompous and condescending, it isn’t surprising Simon snaps at him. They also both needle each other constantly and despite what George said the Ego nor the passive aggressiveness is one sided. George also doesn’t know when to shut up or enough is enough. I think he rammed his point home about ten times too many last night. Simon is just unnecessarily rude.

I get why Fraser was purpled but they could have given him some more content in the previous episodes. Having so much time taken away from newbies doesn’t bode well for the future of the show. They can’t keep having the same returnees over and over and not investing in enough new players.

Seriously having an individual immunity challenge waiting in the wings ready to be implemented at just the right time to save a production favourite and continue the rivalry between Simon & George.

I’ve heard it been stated by others that due to having no reward that it was obviously planned from the the start that the immunity challenge was always going to be this episode but it was clear even to blind Freddy that Villains were losing yet another physical challenge (C’mon, Stevie & George a match for the Heroes) and production saw the writing on the wall that Jordie was going to cut Simon and production stepped in save Simon by shuffling their semi flexible challenges and implementing a pre planned contingency.

Just like it was clear Rogue was a production plant to save Hayley. As soon as it was looking like they might be having second thoughts sending Rogue home, despite her deliberate attempts at being annoying and incendiary, she announces she wants to be voted out.

It’s amazing how all these non elims and curve balls thrown usually always happen to benefit an asset to the season isn’t it?

I would have much preferred to have the episode not include the individual immunity challenge and just have Simon humiliated and sent packing. Sure not as flashy or have the layers of tension the episode produced but it would have got the job done and not feel overly produced.

I’m wondering when the swap is coming.

Still a great episode and the season is already miles better than the abomination last year.

2 Likes

I am guess the swap will happen on tomorrow’s (Tuesday) episode, as this is the synopsis from next Sunday:

Twenty-one days into the game and the recent tribe swap is breeding fear and doubt among the new tribes.

i feel like i don’t know anything about the hero tribe dynamics, if something doesn’t change soon, the tribe swap is not going to be very consequential.

Unfortunately a week early for Gogglebox

Sneak peek for tonight

Terrific episode, George irritates me at times but he certainly got that one right! Would have liked to see Simon play what he thinks is an Idol. :grin: How can Simon have such a big ego after going home last time with two Idols.

Such a pity this rates so much lower than the fake wedding show with mismatched wannabes put together by so called experts to cause mayhem and drama. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m usually very cynical of reality shows and always see the producer interference. but I wasn’t sensing it last night. It was great television, genuine passion from George. If that was produced and the producers are that smart, then they did an excellent job, lets see more of that.

1 Like

Simon STILL hasn’t humbled himself down. :roll_eyes:

He’s cashing in on his Survivor fame. Selling “Snuff’d” hats on the side.

I guess it’s not any worse then Sam selling his Livid gear under a charity tag.

The Morning After “That” Tribal Council.

Hero Sharni Eliminated From Australian Survivor: Heroes V Villains.

After last night’s explosive Tribal Council (seriously, wasn’t it just bonkers?), the Villains were in disarray. Stevie was emotionally grateful to Shonee, Liz and George for saving him and Jordie and Simon’s bromance is kaput after Jordie was revealed as a traitor by George.

Much to Shonee’s delight, she found herself the coconut Immunity Idol, the real Idol that Simon’s clue, aka #CookieIdol, matches up to.

At the Heroes camp, Gerry returned from the Villains, feeling a little villainous. He proceeded to blast his fellow heroes for sending him over, outed the Meat Tray boys as being kings of the castle and implied that Ben was the rascal on the bottom.

At the Immunity Challenge, while talking about last night’s Tribal Council, George exclaimed to the Heroes tribe that Simon has an Idol. Having lost the Immunity Challenge that required pairs to hold a box between feet for as long as possible, Paige accused Sharni of dropping the box.

Ben, aware he was on chopping block, goes Idol hunting and manages to find one, but as he was reading the parchment, Matt spotted him from the bushes.

At Tribal Council, Ben used his silver tongue to flip the girls to vote for Sharni instead of Gerry and when he played his Idol, Sharni was sent packing.

To hear from Sharni, click here.

I dont get Ben’s move. Was Sharni leaving any better or worse for his game than Gerry leaving? If you’re going to burn an idol and reveal yourself as a shit-stirrer, do it for something good, get rid of one of the big boys.

Gerry and Sharni would have been easy to convince to vote Sam.

2 Likes

Tonight we finally got the answer on the purpose of the cookie “idol” in Simon’s possession.

1 Like

So frustrating that we get none of the fallout from that tribal with the camera crew only turning up halfway through the next day.

I think Ben just played the only move he could see in front of him and hoped to gain trust with Paige and the girls as a result. Yes, if he could have worked with Sharni and Gerry and pulled in one more girl (possibly Nina) to get one of the big guns out that might have been a big move, but probably would have done him no favours long term - although he’s a target in a minority anyway so perhaps the question is why not. ATM though it’s about surviving from vote to vote rather than resume building.

Frustrating though to see yet another newbie gone - the only veteran to have gone was through injury so we’re now at nine veterans and seven newbies, and the newbies don’t seem to care about being in the minority. Nina though is pretty much getting a newbie edit which might suggest she goes deep into the game. Shonee though absolutely slayed it in the challenge tonight - was barely flinching.

That post-tribal content is posted on tenplay, sometimes its really good. If they are going to put the good stuff on there its weird that they don’t promote it more.