Australian Survivor

I enjoyed this week better than last week only for the fact that Croc and man child Ben got voted out.

It was a shame to lose Nina, I really liked her.

The challenges were largely awful. I only liked the one where Nina got injured and sort of liked the Chariot one. The rest sucked though. Seriously starting those boring ass endurance challenges early was BS. I hate them and from a viewing perspective all the tension is immediately sucked out because you already know who’s going to be winning or there at the end. It’s like watching paint dry.

I loathe Samantha Gash and that challenge encapsulated everything I hate about her. She knew she was dropping because she knows she has low blood pressure, so to beg like a dog for the immunity and then to accept it irked my soul. Bitch you didn’t win it, you aren’t in danger of going so don’t accept like it like a participation trophy. She showed how slimy she is and showed her cards to everyone else that she isn’t above emotional manipulation and she’ll pull everything to get her own way. She isn’t a very good or dynamic player, she broadcasts her intentions so overtly all the time and the reason she hasn’t been targeted is probably because of an outside alliance with Khanh and the others are hopeless at strategy.

I liked Chrissy originally but the worst sort of Survivor player is an unaware hypocritical one. Her and Ben are two sides of the same coin. Can backstab and betray others, blatantly lie but as soon as it comes there way its sour grapes and being constantly sullen and sulky.

Shay is just a dumb player. Knows she’s on the outs of a boy’s club, blocks any attempt to try and improve her position and sucks up the boys and then hopes it isn’t her when they go to tribal.

KJ is another. She constantly follows others and is at the mercy of others yet thinks she’s a valuable asset to others and has agency in the game.

Jordy allowing Mark to continue with an idol is pretty dumb. Yes I get why he wants him around, part of an alliance and shield, but come merge he’s going to be well placed with lots of options, is good in most challenges with have Samantha Gash around and has an idol. Way too powerful. He should have thrown the immunity challenge where Croc went and blinsided Mark. It would have built stronger relations with the Girls too.

Those twins really do seem to be victims of a bad edit. We constantly get told by others how awful they are at challenges yet one wins reward and a fire challenge. I get they may be flaky and playing both sides but I would really love to at least get their opinion on things instead of the same overexposed players in confessionals. Loved how twin #1 beat Ben. Such a sweet victory.

Ohhh Jesse got a really bad edit. Cocky, out of touch, too self important and a poor read on others. Yes everyone went along with the plan against Ben initially but for him to say everyone underestimated him and that his young age was not a hindrance and he was savvy and smart then have others tear him down behind his back was brutal.

Just checked the schedule thanks to you and am pretty shocked that they are going to drop an episode and drag the painful conclusion out even longer. Speeding through the episodes would have been a better option.

2 Likes

This season just hasn’t got going at all. Half way through now and the first half just feels like a complete waste - not much has happened and doesn’t feel like the second half of the season has really been set up, or certainly not in a way that creates interest amongst those watching.

Hopefully it’s just a dud season - every long running reality franchise has them. Moving forward they certainly need to trim it down by a few episodes and avoid the same format points at the same point in every season. I guess they’ll likely be back out in Fiji, though personally as a non-Australian I’ve much preferred them being out in the Aussie wilderness rather than on what nowadays is little more than a set out in Fiji.

3 Likes

I managed to find an article on why the current season of Australian Survivor is not available on Paramount+ in the US.

How did that mechanism work in the immunity challenge tonight? Half of them, especially david looked like they barely moved when their bucket dropped.

Ten is really scraping the bottom of the barrel when they integrate a gambling product like The Lott’s “Set For Life” into a reward challenge on a family reality series like Survivor.

4 Likes

Yes, we thought it was a bit rich to accept sponsorship from Set For Life……sure it helps pay for the show, but would rather they reduce it by a day than promote gambling during Survivor

1 Like

My god another shit episode with a predictable boot. We’ve already established Mark wears the pants and Samantha Gash is a pick me girl desperate for Mark’s approval and attention, so no shock she turned on Khanh.

Jonathan must have been asleep last episode (who can blame him), as that also featured an endurance challenge competing for individual immunity, albeit in a group setting but an individual immunity challenge nonetheless.

Khanh was a terrible player. Complete follower that just did as he was told all throughout the game and ignored opportunities to build bonds that could have furthered his game. Wouldn’t it have occurred to a semi intelligent player that after numerous votes of talking about flushing the idol, winning two challenges back to back and scoring $60,000 that you might be considered a threat and that you have an idol to burn. You would have thought he would have learnt to read people and situations better but nope. I also didn’t like his lame ass excuse, maybe I’m naïve, shtick. I don’t want to watch, dumb naïve players that hand others the win. Boring.

It really was the Samantha Gash pity party. Wail, Mark didn’t tell me about the idol. Wail, Mark doesn’t think like me. Wail, Mark doesn’t agree with me. Wail, I thought Mark would have missed me more.

I thought hell had frozen over though at one point, because I was largely agreeing with her strategy. Shay was the better boot. More under the radar and could easily go on an immunity winning spree, plus Khanh will always be considered a threat so could be picked off at any stage (and provide a valuable shield for the Boys Club, which didn’t seem to occur to Mark or his little posse). Also by proving to be Mark’s loyal lapdog, she effectively threw her game out the window. She hasn’t spent any time in the Boys Club, Jesse automatically moves up the totem pole ahead of her by virtue of being male and she’s sacrificing players she’s built up a rapport with to further other’s game to her own detriment. She’ll also be the first casualty if its her or Mark because she’s seen as more socially strategic and she doesn’t have an idol. Dumb.

As predicted the Boys Club glommed together and we get even more confessionals of how amazing Jordie thinks he is and how he’s got it in the bag thanks to his strategic prowess. His bonds seem to be exclusively with the boys and using Shay as a potential friend/boot as needed. It pisses me off the girls just seem to be walking doormats.

KJ continues to wander around aimlessly trying to attach herself to anyone that wants her, trouble is no one does and she’s a useless pawn.

I enjoyed hearing more about the twins, but that content really should have been for the early episodes.

The challenges both sucked. Why not have the players have to assemble the puzzle before they recreate it instead of it being laid out for them in the most easy way possible. It was also too static and we just had an endurance immunity last episode. I’ll look forward to another seven in a row now.

I much preferred Brain Vs Brawn merge challenge where they could pick their prize and the first that won got a better selection.

I agree on the Set For Life gambling sponswhoreship, it irked me on I’m a Celeb this year as well. It shouldn’t be allowed in a family friendly timeslot and it shouldn’t be promoted in such a way. They may as well have a booze challenge with XXXX or VB plastered everywhere. I think it goes to show that they may be struggling to get sponsors and I wouldn’t be shocked if their car sponsor pulls out soon given the poor ratings.

1 Like

Oz Lotto was a sponsor on Celebrity this year too. I wonder if Powerball will sponsor MasterChef? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

At the end of the day, 10 probably can’t afford to turn down the money.

Khanh became the second player this season to be voted out with an idol in his pocket. He was perhaps too confident that he would not be blindsided.
He was one of my favourite players to win.

2 Likes

Maybe all those who thought this was wrong should start their complaints against all the ads on all channels showing sport. All football codes broadcasts especially are riddled with gambling ads and I’m sure those are supposedly family friendly too! Set for Life is a pretty “passive” gambling product compared to said ads!

Does anyone care really care what this English right wing rag decides to print.

So Sam’s devious act was to vote Jesse out at tribal council after spotting him reading instructions of hidden immunity idol. Not only that, she also kept Jesse’s idol.
Jesse was a bit silly. After finding an idol in the bush, he should have waited until interview time to read the instructions.

1 Like

I only just realised today that Jesse was one of the head captains (we call them prefects) at my high school about 5 years ago. He’s definitely changed quite a bit since then but his personality on Survivor seems to match that of when he was at school.

2 good eps this week. Sam is becoming a great player. But some bad decisions from the rest of the tribe. When is someone going to make a real move on the boys?

I don’t understand why there had to be a twist (Purgatory aka Exile Beach) so late in the season, especially after JLP mentioned at the tribal council that there were 15 days left in the series.
By my calculation, the grand final will be shown on Sunday April 10, which is first night of Easter non-ratings period. I am sure that 10 will want to avoid the season finale of Married at First Sight if possible.

Maybe waiting for Shay to finally be kicked out or producers could have been trying to save Mark and Sam. They’re not going to waste it on people like Dave or KJ lol

Monday Night

Shay Lives To Play Another Day.

Shayelle Lajoie Gets A Second Chance On Australian Survivor: Blood V Water.

Despite Joker Jordie’s best efforts, The Committee remained calm and in control tonight as they set their sights on the remaining singles.

Reeling from his brother’s blindside, Jordie knew better than to get sucked into Sam’s offer of a secret alliance that would see Jesse’s idol keep them safe - he was now playing for revenge as a solo agent.

Spurred on by the knowledge that he was no longer safe in the majority, Jordie left nothing to chance as he reclaimed the Immunity necklace at today’s challenge.

Jordie’s new jewellery had everyone at camp miffed, as they scrambled to work out a Plan B. The core alliance, now named The Committee, settled on Shay to start their takedown of the remaining singles.

Jordie hustled the singles together as he pitched for them to make a huge move and remove Mark, but David gently let him know that now was not the time to make juicy moves.

At Tribal Council, Jordie was a man with nothing to lose as he continued to rally for the singles to band together to make a move. However, The Committee stuck to their plan, placing all their votes on Shay.

But it wasn’t all over for Shay, as she learnt that her game continued - in Purgatory.

Don’t miss Sunday’s instalment of Australian Survivor: Blood V Water to see if Shay can survive the conditions on the other side to bring her game back to life.

Australian Survivor: Blood V Water.

Continues Sunday At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play On Demand.

1 Like

Doing everything your fella tells you and stealing your “besties” idol does not make you a great idol. Fed up of watching this show through Sam’s eyes - if she’s the hook of the season no wonder it is such a chore to watch.