Australian Survivor

Will A Fit And Feisty Grandmother Be The Sole Survivor?

Former customs officer and grandmother to 17 children, Sue from Western Australia is one of the 24 formidable everyday Aussies that will appear in Network Ten’s spectacular and unmissable new family entertainment series, Australian Survivor, coming to TEN and WIN Network this August.

Sue, 59, plans to use her age to her advantage when she joins her fellow competitors on the rugged tropical island of Samoa. She says: “I will be underestimated probably because what they see is their mum – more fool them. I don’t think I’m your average Nana. I don’t go down without a fight.”

Sue will need to outwit, outplay and outlast all others to win the half a million dollar prize and title of sole survivor, a challenge that she is confident she can achieve.

Sue says: “I have been pushed out of my comfort zone many times throughout my career through various duties and this is the icing on the cake for me. It will push me to my limits, but I thrive in these conditions. I’m really looking forward to it.”

During her 29 years as a customs officer, Sue completed various physical activities and adventures. She says: “I’ve done three law enforcement Olympics, have been part of a people smuggling taskforce and have driven a vehicle out the back of a Hercules.”

With a strong sense of intuition that comes from her days as a customs officer, Sue says she knows when she is being lied to and will not tolerate dishonesty from her fellow tribe members.

Since retiring, Sue has taken up personal training. She does F45 training five days a week, walks five kilometres a day and plays social golf with her girlfriends every Thursday.

No.

1 Like

I’ve only just clicked that’s thete are 3 tribes. Boo!

Well 3 tribes pretty much has to be the case with 24 contestants. 3 tribes works in the US if they are small (usually 6 per tribe) and split by themes. That makes it easy to distinguish the groups and get to know people better earlier on. However it doesn’t seem like there is any theme to tribe divisions here so for the first few weeks when we have 20+ contestants on 3 different tribes it’s going to be completely confusing for viewers.

Other reality shows do fine with 24 contestants or more, I’m sure this will be fine.

Just more chances to “fly under the radar”.

Exactly… and will be the case for half the cast.

Do we know yet anymore details about the format? i.e. how frequently it will air, how long the season will go for etc?

I was thinking about it. Most of us assume that it will be on 3 nights a week (Sunday-Tuesday) with Bachelor/ette on Wed and Thurs. If that’s the case and they stick to the US format of a tribal council per episode… that would mean the season will be over in 6.5 weeks. (24 contestants, usually 4 or 5 in the finale = 20 episodes).

However if the show is intended to run for closer to 12 weeks like Masterchef and run to the end of the year, they would only want an elimination every second episode. Which I hope isn’t the case but we know how Australia likes to stretch out their reality shows.

I’m hoping that it willy only be on a couple of nights a week (Monday/Tuesday) with a tribal council every episode. Then it would still run for 10 weeks. This would be ideal way to do it and keep it closest to the US format. I hope so.

I think it will be 2 episodes a week Sunday and Monday with Life Hack or what ever its called at 7:30 Tuesdays.

New promo tonight

^ That’s former cricketer Lee Carseldine who had played for Queensland, Adelaide Strikers in the Big Bash League and Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.

If it’s only twice a week and we get a Tribal Council every episode… this actually might be OK.

I wonder if he will try and hide the fact that he’s a former sportsman. They often have ex NBA or Baseball players on US Survivor and they usually try and get away with hoping nobody recognises them.

Starts August 21st and will air Sunday & Monday nights.

3 Likes

Good two nights a week but why do ten persist in airing big shows on Sunday night when they always get smashed in the ratings on that njght. Seven and nine just have a massive advantage on Sunday nights.

Is there any live Olympic coverage on August 21? Hopefully not.

According to the Olympic Schedule thread, on Sunday August 21 there are only men’s marathon, indoor volleyball and wrestling finals during primetime on Seven, so perhaps it is a good time to launch Survivor.

Why are they starting it at 7:30? Have they not learnt? Seven and nine begin prime time at 7pm. So they’ll be giving them a head start.

There is no live Olympic coverage on any day before about 10.30pm AEST, just highlights. So on a Sunday, many people will have watched the events live that morning.

Confirmed that there will be a tribal council every night.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/survivor-australia-host-jonathan-lapaglia-says-hes-physically-and-mentally-exhausted-after-filming-in-samoa/news-story/a891c65cc17cb8dea29fb3601694e0bd

1 Like

The marathon starts at 10:30pm.
No idea why Ten persist in giving Seven and Nine a head start by starting shows at 7:30pm, 30 mins after the competition.

2 Likes

Didnt you hear the great australian spelling bee is at 6:30. And obviously shit programming cant be moved :stuck_out_tongue: