Australian Survivor

I know ur being tongue in cheek but really if they persist with that stinker of a show survivor might really flop. It needs to start at 7pm with some sort of stunt 6:30pm program. But ten are stupid. Spelling bee needs to be burnt off during the games.

1 Like

MasterChef didnā€™t get thumped at 7.30 when The Voice and House Rules aired at 7. At least they are airing it on a night when there is barely competition on. Look at Spelling Bee it is doing awfully bad at 6.30.

Yeah but it didnā€™t win its timeslot.[quote=ā€œcmo, post:202, topic:460ā€]
I know ur being tongue in cheek but really if they persist with that stinker of a show survivor might really flop. It needs to start at 7pm with some sort of stunt 6:30pm program. But ten are stupid. Spelling bee needs to be burnt off during the games.
[/quote]

I am joking and totally agree. I think Ten putting it on Sundays are smart. Its not like they should just give up on Sundays but they definitely needed something that actually rates a little better before it. Again I am not worried about it starting at 7:30 as long as something rates decently before it. Ten have had none of that this year with Modern Family rpts getting priority over Masterchef and Shark Tank.

5 Likes

^^ Agree that Ten canā€™t just give up on Sundayā€™s. Sunday is the right night for it and the day they are launching is smart given Olympic hype will have well and truly fizzed out by then (plus primetime is only highlights anyway).

As for 7.30pm once again I think they want it to be a consistent timeslot. The show is only on 2 days a weekā€¦ if it aired 7pm one night and 7.30pm another night itā€™s confusing for viewers. I know MKR and the Block often do this but they are on more nights of the week. Casual viewers get annoyed by these timeslot switches. At the end of the day itā€™s getting itā€™s launch a days jump start on Zumbo. If the show is good viewers will watch it regardless of timeslot. My honest opinion is still that this show was always going to be an uphill battle to rate well but at least Ten are giving it a good shot.

Iā€™m so relieved that this is only on two nights a week. Iā€™m regaining some faith in our local version. It seems this way that there will probably be a tribal council every episode and not as stretched out as a lot of us thought it would.

Confirmed by Luke Dennehy from the Herald Sun in the link posted above.

1 Like

They need something to fill the 6:30pm slot given The Spelling Bee is tanking so hard otherwise this will bomb really badly on night #1.

If it were up to me I would organise a special Sunday episode of The Project with Jonathan LaPaglia as the 4th panellist, or an All Star: Family Feud featuring Survivor contestants from 6:30pm.

Anything would be better than what is scheduled there now.

4 Likes

Perhaps they could simply just swap Spelling Bee and FF around for a few weeks on Sundayā€™s? Would line up the schedule better too, with FF starting at 7. Let Spelling Bee die against the News, itā€™s going to anyway.

2 Likes

I liked the idea of Family Feud All Stars. Making a few more episodes. Move Spelling Bee to Saturdays. 280k is better than anything else they have on Saturdays.

1 Like

Australian Survivor begins Sunday 21 August 7.30pm. Promo during The Project.

1 Like

Good to see you confirming what was confirmed 36hrs ago.

3 Likes

Just goes to show how much I was paying attention or care about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The Great Australian Spelling Bee demoted to a Saturday night timeslot due to poor Sunday ratings

Thank god ten saw sense

Sense to show Modern Family repeats instead? :rolling_eyes:

If they had sense they should have burnt through a few episodes now on Saturday and Sunday during the Olympics so they could move on afterwards.

Ten is spending big on outdoor advertising of the show. This photo was taken at Melbourneā€™s Flinders Street Station (source: Mediaweek)

1 Like

First 6 minutes.

Iā€¦ Canā€¦ Notā€¦ Wait!!!

5 Likes

Phoarrrrr this is looking soooo good!

Just hopefully they have a good opener like the US.

Production quality is actually looking really good. They are trying very hard to match the US version in that way and itā€™s paid off. It also seems like they have gone for actual fans of the show in casting.

The only thing that annoys me is the host and his cheesy script. Hopefully it all comes a bit more naturally to him as the season progresses, or maybe Iā€™m just comparing him too much to Jeff Probst (which isnā€™t hard to do given heā€™s trying to be him :joy:).

It will be interesting to see how this rates. Having it close to the US style is good for diehard fans like myself, but will it capture the typical Australian 7.30pm reality audience? Time will tell.

Have to stay, it looks stunning. No expense spared.

1 Like

It does look good. Canā€™t wait.