Australian Postal Survey on Marriage Law - Media Coverage

The front pages of major newssites 15 minutes after the result was announced, including a breaking news bar from the BBC.

4 Likes

7 Likes

With time zone differences, some of the states won’t know what’s happening for a few hours yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Should we be using spoiler tags for our Queensland and WA members?

1 Like

:joy:

3 Likes

Studio 10 didn’t show the live press conference with the Prime Minister.

11 Likes

You’d be forgiven for thinking the result hasn’t been revealed yet if you’re watching Ten or WIN in Queensland…

6 Likes

4 Likes

Studio 10 Facebook page flooding with comments from confused Queenslanders!

2 Likes

It’s as if someone at Nine is randomly pushing buttons.

Seven
IMG_20171115_103147IMG_20171115_103141IMG_20171115_103113IMG_20171115_103107IMG_20171115_101052

8 Likes

4 Likes

Coverage can sometimes be over the top and gratuitous.

Though I’m not necessarily saying the Marriage Equality coverage is that, just being a major news event, wanted to make the point.

That is all.

3 Likes

Sky had Melbourne and Perth coverage.

3 Likes

I noticed Qantas CEO Alan Joyce lurking in the shadows behind Magda there.

A strong advocate for SSM.

1 Like

The ABC aired his speech just then. And then Ian Thorpe’s, which got a little tense after a reporter asked if he was getting married and he walked away.

8 Likes

He was interviewed on Nine.

2 Likes

I’m glad that Seven resisted the temptation to hit the “Mark Alert” button and allowed Ann Sanders to front their coverage.

As they should be for all national “Breaking News” coverage whenever he’s available, because Peter Overton is a senior news presenter at Nine and is generally good at what he does.

9 Likes