Australian Ninja Warrior

Agree with everything you said, I suspect it won’t have anywhere near the same buzz. Anyway, I wonder how Little Big Shots will do for Seven (launched to over 1.7m metro)? I reckon a similar, if not worse fate, seeing as it collapsed multiple episodes in.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be as big as last year again but I do think it will be over the million. If they get some good contestents through then 1.5m+ for the final.

1 Like

Get ready for an electrifying Australian Ninja Warrior 2018!

You really don’t like anything on nine do you? What has Little Big Shots have to do with Ninja?

As for how it will go I don’t think it will achieve 2 million again. But it will murder the competition. The competition is weak so no reason why it won’t rate its socks off.

1 Like

I could see it hit the million for finale and possibly the premiere , but outside of that, no chance.

I probably have to agree with this prediction.

If Season 2 of Australian Ninja Warrior was to get at least 1.2 million an episode with 1.5 million+ for the final, I think Nine would be reasonably pleased.

No chance? What happens if it happens?

What? Don’t take me out of context please. Chillax.

As for Ninja, I was simply replying to Dominator and agreeing with him. What’s wrong with that?

It and Ninja were the two standout new shows launched last year (albeit LBS fell away as I mentioned), simply suggesting I think LBS will perform a lot lower as well.

I don’t think I am. You have digs at all Nines programs. Just an observation.

Nothing. Didn’t say there was, nor did I imply it.

If it happens then I am wrong and it wouldn’t be the first or last time I predicted somthing incorrectly.

So it was 9 episodes last year - I assume then they’ll milk it to about 40 this year, with every episode 50% longer too.

Based on the US version they could easily make each heat a two parter (the US has a city heat and city final), so that adds 5 episodes, and probably add an extra heat to add an extra two shows too. The Grand Final could probably be split too but the open ended nature of Aussie scheduling actually works well for Ninja Warrior. In most countries you can tell if a contestant is going to make it to the final stage by looking at how long of the show is left, but with the Aussie networks we know start and end times mean nothing, so they can overrun by half an hour or more without an issue really.

1 Like

Australian Ninja Warrior was mentioned on Nine’s new Super Sunday promo tonight during The Voice. I guess that means season two will premiere on Sunday July 8, the week after the Logie Awards.

The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield confirms in today’s column that season 2 will premiere on July 8. Cronulla NRL captain Paul Gallen would be competing.

Australian Ninja Warrior

Sunday 8 July 8 7.00pm

Australian Ninja Warrior, the TV show that swept the nation and created household names from everyday Australians, is back, Sunday, July 8, at 7.00pm on Nine.

With a swag of returning heroes and a fresh set of eager new competitors, Australian Ninja Warrior promises to be bigger, stronger and more exciting than ever as our Ninjas tackle the world’s toughest obstacle course and the almighty colossus that stands between them and ultimate victory: Mount Midoriyama.

Rebecca Maddern, Ben Fordham and Freddie Flintoff are there to take us through every heart-pounding moment as our Ninjas get their shot at glory on Ninja Island.

Nine’s Head of Content Production and Development, Adrian Swift, said: “This year we have last year’s best, fresh from 12 months of hard training and taking on a whole new crop desperate to get to Mt Midoriyama.

“This program is a national phenomenon. Hundreds of Australians have spent a year training for this moment and millions of viewers will be watching to see who could become this country’s first ever Ninja Warrior. Who will it be?”

Which Australian Ninja Warrior will create history in Season 2?

1 Like

Ooh… There’s an idea for a spin off…

Celebrity Ninja Warrior!

1 Like

Quite clever by Nine to show an extended promo in the last ad break before two State of Origin teams entered the arena tonight.

1 Like

Much more in line with Sasuke and American Ninja Warrior.

I think season two will be eleven episodes across three weeks.
Week commencing July 8: heat 1-3
Week commencing July 15: heat 4-6 and semi final 1
Week commencing July 22: semi final 2-4 and grand final
However it is also possible that the grand final will be shown on July 29 to set up the week for the new season of The Block.

I reckon it will be 2 eps a week for 6 weeks.