Australian Ninja Warrior

Will they? Its only 9 episodes. It has no long term impact on their schedule. As soon as Ninja Warrior finished Nine fell to third place the next night.

1 Like

Also in that SMH article. “Whispers around Seven suggest the network is currently in high-level talks about coming up with its own version of the show, but will it be too much, too late?”

I can see it now, either it will be that forgotten cannonball show or a ninja course for kids!

What happened to that show? Is it still going ahead?

Who would know? It’s been sitting on the ‘tv shelves’ at seven for quite some time now!

1 Like

Exactly. It’s no different really to Who Wants to be a Millionaire- the prize is on offer but the challenge is difficult. It takes time for it to be won and viewers will invest in the challenge and the pay off will be all the more rewarding when it does happen, though whether Nine would be able to keep the secret (themselves) remains to be seen. It’s one of the few countries where scheduling won’t give it away as a 9pm finish in Australia doesn’t mean a 9pm finish, so if it’s 8.55pm and nobody has completed the penultimate stage that doesn’t mean anything as the show could still have half an hour to run!

1 Like

Shock Horror! Surely not!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/channel-9-is-considering-fasttracking-production-of-second-season-of-australian-ninja-warrior/news-story/b1cd88d0c16b398654bd01655ea87eb1

Both Seven and Nine are going to kill the series off.

5 Likes

April/May next year isn’t too bad. I was expecting to read about a second season later this year.

2 Likes

Johann Ofner’s partner Kati Garnett took to Facebook on Monday to post footage of him competing in this season of the show. See it here

1 Like

Nine chief sales officer Michael Stephenson said at today’s 2018 upfronts that season 2 would be 12 episodes. He said there was no “need” to extend the program above and beyond what it should be.

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see whether the show remains steady, increases or declines.

We’ve seen lots of different scenarios play out with MasterChef, MKR & The Voice (as examples) after their debut seasons.

•MC 2010: Increased
•Voice 2013: Dropped
•MKR 2011: Steady

Fairly restrained, though 3 eps up on this year.

Bookings for tickets to season 2 are now open at this website. The show will again be filmed at Cockatoo Island on December 5 to 10, but with an option not to camp overnight, a change from last year when every audience member had to stay the night at the island. Also for this year, tickets for overnight camp can only be booked in pairs or multiples of 2.
Edit: according to Cockatoo Island website, filming takes place from 4 to 20 December with 12 evenings across 16 days.

Coming Soon… https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1970850752984893&id=1012416828828295

Last year the show aired on three nights per week for three weeks. This year I think Nine could stretch it by showing just two episodes per week so it again coincides with the grand finals of House Rules and MasterChef.

Personally I think Nine will run three episodes a week over four weeks this year. If it was such a success last year, no need to mess with things too much.

Although I still strongly feel this show is much more “SBS VICELAND” than “Channel Nine” despite last year’s massive ratings success (admittedly, neither the first nor likely the last time I’ve gotten a prediction on these forums way off the mark)!

2 Likes

New promo posted on Twitter says “Ninja history will be made”. Could someone make it to the very last stage in the grand final?

Origin popup

3 Likes

I am going to make a crazy prediction and say that Aus Ninja Warrior 2 will do average numbers (high 800k/ low 900k). I definitely don’t see it being the big phenomenon as the first season was last year as the format is highly repetitive (same course, same challenges, ect) and because of that, I wouldn’t be surprised if the format grows stale.

Additionally, Australian Spartan was flop. Sure, it was a poor imitation of the Ninja Warrior and that was part of the reason why it didn’t succeed but I would think that it would have rated semi-decently (700k) if Australia was still interested in this genre of program.

Edit: To add to this theory, I am not seeing a lot of social media activity with the release of the promo. I would expect to see some social media hype for the promo given that it was released during the State of Origin game (and that has a lot of eyeballs)

6 Likes

I hope so! I would like a winner!

1 Like