Australian Ninja Warrior

Week 1,2: 3 heats per week
Week 3,4: 2 semis per week
Week 5: Grand final week

More details on obstacles of each episode/stage

3 Likes
1 Like

Do they need to resort to stunt casting already?

So is that more episodes than last year?

14 episodes for 2018, 5 more than season 1.

1 Like

6 heats = 6 episodes
4 semi finals = 4 episodes
grand final = 1-2 episodes
That doesn’t add up to 14 episodes, unless the semi finals are shown across two nights.

Isnt there 4 episodes for the grand final?

It looks like 14 episodes from those slides.

1 Like

14 or so sounds sensible. Not a massive increase but reasonable enough given the success of 9 episodes. Depending on how it goes this year I think they should consider doing two shorter seasons. If it’s still going gangbusters it’d be worth considering launching a special mini-season out of the Australian Open — to kill MKR once and for all with MAFS following it.

Over exposure has killed many shows off in the past. Nine would want to be careful here that they don’t go for too much too soon.

2 Likes

I think Married is doing a good enough job at killing off MKR as it is.

3 Likes

I think Nine will be ok for 14 episodes, but going over 20 episodes is too much overload. Perhaps, Channel 9 must be considering other shows that will air in the 3rd quarter of 2018, e.g. The Block, Doctor Doctor. Nevertheless, Australia Ninja Warrior will still beat rivals Masterchef in ratings by a reasonable margin. Last year, Ninja Warrior was in scintillating form over Masterchef and Channel 7.

1 Like

According to News Corp the grand final will indeed be a two-parter. That article has also provided some interesting statistics:

Season two of Ninja Warrior features 300 Ninjas — 50 more than last year — with more than a third of the cast made up of returning season one competitors. That includes six females who made it to the semi-finals last year.
More than 90 per cent of last year’s Ninjas applied to try and tackle the course in season two.
28 per cent of this year’s competitors are female, with more than 7700 people applying for the show.

Corey Worthington - Nine seem to want to promote his appearance on Ninja Warrior :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

What a stunt.

The program is set to relocate its set from Sydney Harbour to Melbourne due to noise issues.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/australian-ninja-warrior-set-to-relocate-to-melbourne/news-story/c76451611b1aadcca98dc3f213cc3ec9?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=HaraldSun&utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF

1 Like

Will Season 2 be still be produced via Sydney or has it moved to Melbourne?

Season 2 finished recording months ago.

2 Likes

That explains the late night filming sessions. Seems to me it was still too noisy even though it was filmed on an island in the middle of the night.

2 Likes