Australian Idol

Then they should not have had a save all season. Its the same difference.

Which is an example of my point about it being an inconsistent mess of a season.

1 Like

No point in blurring your post @TV.Cynic … the posts that followed gave it away for the non-AEDT states.

1 Like

Is it bad to say that the best part of the show was Kyle singing “Walk 500 Miles” by The Proclaimers?

2 Likes

Not really. The last bit that isn’t blurred says to vote for your three finalists. If there was a save it would say two.

1 Like

Why would you want them choosing someone to go into the finale? I don’t mind the ‘Save’ concept in general but not when half of the remaining contestants are leaving and it’s for the finale. The judges made the right choice to not use it.

Also relieved that they didn’t save Amali. I just don’t get the constant praise that they they give her. She isn’t that great.

I’m hoping for a Josh, Phoebe and Royston finale.

4 Likes

Was flicking past and caught the show three times tonight:

1. Harry doing a shoey (twice)
  2. An actual performance
  3. Kyle singing 500 miles

Never a good sign when you can FEEL a show is padding time

4 Likes

I don’t think it will be back next year given that they brought the finale a week earlier than planned. If u have interpreted the articles I’ve read correctly. But that is what happens when you try and cheap out. But it was never going to rate against MAFS they were kidding themselves .

1 Like

Is it really a week early? I remember seeing this date for the final back when it first began.

2 Likes

Definitely not a week earlier. This date was in their contracts they received last October.

3 Likes

Has been this way the whole time. Instead of worrying about the quality of THEIR show, they were worried about MAFS.

5 Likes

I’m wondering if 7 has dictated the episode lengths and Eureka has had to make do and fill the time?

1 Like

Idol had its highest ratings this season with 467k

2 Likes

Catching up on the performance show this morning. I agreed with the judges’ decision not to save anyone this week.

Harry’s double shoey (including eating a Tim Tam before drinking ginger beer out of his boot) was just :nauseated_face:

Also, there was footage of meet and greet from last week in which fans got to meet the six remaining contestants in person. Was it ever advertised?

4 Likes

It was a spare pair underneath the desk

1 Like

There was no meet and greet. It was just them walking down the line of people waiting to get into the performance show.

4 Likes

Lucky they had a promo ready :wink:

3 Likes

The Grand Finale headliners are here

Harry Connick Jr and Jessica Mauboy perform live on Australian Idol

The epic Australian Idol Grand Finale is almost here, and to help ring in the winner on Sunday, 26 March, judge Harry Connick Jr and Australian pop icon Jessica Mauboy will perform live and free exclusively on Channel 7 and 7plus.

A best-selling musician, singer, composer, actor and legendary live performer, Harry is excited to step out from behind the judges’ desk to do what he loves most: “After watching all these talented young singers on Australian Idol, I am beyond excited to perform for them and the Australian audience! I absolutely love judging, but playing and singing is where my heart is. Can’t wait!”

Harry’s career has exemplified excellence across multiple platforms in the entertainment world over the past three decades. His live and recorded musical performances, achievements in film and television, and appearances on Broadway as both an actor and a composer have received Grammy® and Emmy awards and Tony nominations.

Fresh from her performance at World Pride alongside Charli XCX and Kylie Minogue, Jessica, a former Australian Idol contestant and current coach on The Voice will hit the stage with her infectious new single Right Here, Right Now.

Jessica said: “Australian Idol holds a special place in my heart, as it marked the beginning of my musical journey. It’s truly surreal to be returning to the Idol stage years later. I am thrilled to have this opportunity to perform my new single Right Here, Right Now, and share it with the passionate Idol audience.”

Pop icon, actress, songwriter and musician Jessica has used versatility as a superpower. Recently, she’s been exploring the breadth of dance music from the updated disco gloss of Glow to the sexy groove of Automatic. On Right Here, Right Now she builds on that once more, making something that sounds like a nod to the vintage greats and a dive into fresh territory.

Don’t miss this massive night of music as Australia crowns their next Australian Idol. Who will it be?

2 Likes

More like flatliners.

:sleeping::sleeping:

2 Likes

Corrected to “Harry Connick Jr and Jessica Mauboy perform live to pad out the Australian Idol final.”

3 Likes

So all four judges peform a song each on Idol? Of course its padding. Lol

1 Like