Australian Idol

Yes - so many teasers, it feels like we’ve seen the first few episodes already.

5 Likes

Most of the people in the teasers aren’t in the top 24. In fact, I’m pretty sure off the top of my head that only one person who’s had a full promo to themselves at this time makes it to top 24.

3 Likes

Do have to wonder if by teasing it for so long by the time it airs the initial hype is somewhat forgotten. Can’t help but feel they’d have been more interest in the premiere if it had aired a couple of weeks after the first promo.

5 Likes

The closer the premiere gets the greater feeling I get that 7 may schedule it for a 7.00pm start.

5 Likes

Might explain why they started Home and Away a couple of weeks earlier this year.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t be the first time for Seven. They’ve tried that tactic at least twice before.

We can probably also expect the first 5 minutes to air across several multichannels.

8 Likes

They could be truly innovative and schedule it Sundays and Mondays at 7.00pm and air H&A Tues-Thurs at 7.00pm, during its season.

If it’s on more than 2 nights for the first few weeks, air it each night at 7 (say Sun-Wed) and have H&A Thurs/Fri for those weeks. BHG premiere could be delayed by a couple of weeks.
Just an idea.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Forward guides suggest that Idol will start in the conventional 7:30 pm time slot with Home and away at 7pm.

1 Like

Bummer. There goes out that theory of a 7pm start and why Home and Away started earlier this year.

7.30pm starts. Probably means a 9.30pm scheduled finishing times, and airing 4 nights a week (the audition episodes)?

1 Like

Instant show killer right there, let’s hope for Seven’s sake they aren’t seriously going to program like that

3 Likes

I am also hoping that they’ll be quick sharp episodes too. But Seven, Nine and 10 are all guilty of over-airing reality shows across the board.

1 Like

that’s what happened when Seven revived The Mole in 2013 - viewers (including myself) were sick of episodes being drawn out, the format being revamped and the warning that terminations “could occur at any time in the game” as opposed to the traditional format of being at the end of each episode. Shura Taft killed it by eliminating the suspense which Grant Bowler mastered.

1 Like

What was that other show around the same time, on the island with treasure or whatever, I remember actually watching a bit of that. Think it bombed though.

1 Like

The Big Adventure, where a millionaire was guaranteed. That aired in the final quarter of 2014

2 Likes

Yep that was it, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think if Seven were to air Idol’s launch ep at 7pm, they wouldn’t announce it until late next week for obvious competitive reasons.

Realistically, the notion that it would air at 7pm night-after-night was always a non-starter.

4 Likes

if I remember correctly, didn’t the first week of House Rules start at 7:00pm in 2020? This was during the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic which saw Home & Away temporarily pulled from the schedule.

2 Likes

I know they did it with MKR once, briefly, seemed to bump numbers up a bit around 800k metro IIRC, but was when Married started to go up and up.

3 Likes

And that mindset all began way back when 10 started the original Australian Idol. IIRC it was the first show to consistently run over time.

3 Likes