Australian Idol

Straight from Wikipedia:

“Made You Look” was inspired by her insecurities about body image after her pregnancy, and an exercise where her therapist asked her to look at herself naked for five minutes.

It’s a song about loving and accepting your body and yourself.

5 Likes

Is Naomi Australia’s next Idol?

Meghan Trainor leaves no stone unturned in the Northern Territory

Vowing to leave no stone unturned in her search for the next Australian Idol, Grammy® award-winning singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor travelled to the Northern Territory to audition a young singer tipped for stardom.

Twenty-two-year-old Alice Springs-based singer Naomi Gipey wants to follow in the footsteps of her Idol, pop icon and former Australian Idol contestant Jessica Mauboy.

“I’m here to find the next Australian Idol, so I came all this way to find you,” says Meghan, greeting a shocked Naomi as she opens the door of her parent’s home.

The aspiring Idol and jewellery designer has big dreams: “My dream is to be a singer. Jessica Mauboy is my biggest inspiration. Seeing her start on a similar journey and, like, the thought that could be me.”

A nervous Naomi auditions for Meghan at the stunning Simpsons Gap. With her parents proudly watching on, Naomi performs Duffy’s Mercy. Will it be enough to make Naomi’s dreams come true?

Australian Idol will be hosted by multi-platinum selling, ARIA Award-nominated singer-songwriter Ricki-Lee – discovered on Australian Idol in 2004 – and internationally renowned entertainment presenter and former E! host Scott Tweedie.

Every dream, every heartache, every triumph: Australia, the wait is over. Live television is back with Australian Idol.

2 Likes

Looking for deep and meaningful lyrics in a bubblegum pop song? Not gonna happen. :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s been #1 on iTunes for a couple of weeks now as well.

3 Likes

I haven’t actually heard anyone say they like the song. It’s a hit because its being used in a lot of TikTok videos.

3 Likes

I think I like it… it certainly gets in your head… I find myself singing it lol

4 Likes

It’s catchy so I liked it for a while when it first came out. Although you can’t escape it anywhere at the moment so I’m a bit tired of it now.

2 Likes

The show starts on Monday 30 January 2023.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Looking at the hints in the pic with the judges seat etc. I’d say dicko or mark holden will be making an appearance. That or the airdate

2 Likes

I thought the airdate was already announced as 30th January?

3 Likes

New promo today.
New voiceover guy.

1 Like

Same night as MAFS. I hope it smashes it, but probably not, knowing the public’s thirst for trash and drama.

3 Likes

And Survivor. Three way tussle on launch night.

4 Likes

Do any of the Idol promos mention a date? All the ones I’ve seen still seem to say January

1 Like

I wonder where @David saw this then?

2 Likes

Here:

:blush:

Announced by the man himself, Angus Ross.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I’ve seen Jan 30 on promos.

1 Like

Seen this morning with the date.

4 Likes

I reckon this could go number 1 on Launch. Having a good feeling about this one re ratings.

4 Likes