Australian Idol

It’s not the whole show. And one off visits to remote areas have been done before.

3 Likes

As far as I know they only did the remote thing to two contestants. They still auditioned via zoom and that the other judges watched them. It wasn’t just the one judge that got them through.

2 Likes

Looks awesome. Promo says starts January, so presumably will begin before official ratings commence.

4 Likes

The promos are great. I’m really looking forward too it.

This comment hasn’t aged well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Meghan’s song ‘Made You Look’ is currently #7 on the ARIA charts.

3 Likes

The comment was correct in its entirety. The new single is quite a shit song that sounds exactly like her others. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

four iconic judges

these are the icons fwiw

Excited to see Marcia come back at least so let’s hope it’ll be good

5 Likes

I’ll miss seeing Marcia,Mark and Dicko on the judging panel, not a fan of Kyle

2 Likes

This is… *winds up arm * NOT a TOUCHDOWN! :joy:

6 Likes

Interesting. Any thoughts as to what date they might be aiming for? Poses some serious risks too. Potential to spoil 10? Get the jump on Nine?

1 Like

I doubt they would go against the Aus Open final which is 29th Jan. so if they air it on Monday’s then I can see the 1st episode being 23rd Jan.

So maybe it airs Monday (23 & 30) & Tuesday (24 & 31) before switching to Sunday from the 5th of Feb?

2 Likes

Seven has BBL matches on both January 23 (Hurricanes v Sixers) and 24 (Renegades v Strikers). If it is to start Idol on that week it will have to move the BBL broadcast to 7mate.

1 Like

Apart from those days, I just don’t see when they will air it if the advertising is saying January 2023

1 Like

Monday 30th? Also after the AO. Still technically “Jan”. Seven often cheeky with teasers and non-committing. And agree they’d be stupid, more because it’d give the show the hardest chance to succeed, going up against the tennis, let alone 10’s revamped Bachelor and pissing Cricket Australia off further.

5 Likes

It would have to be monday 30th.

4 Likes

Meghan’s new single is up to #4 this week (thanks TikTok).

4 Likes

As much as I’m looking forward to this coming back, just makes me sad that it took Ch7 killing off BB for good to admit that live TV still has a time and a place.

4 Likes

It’s a massive hit. Made You Look is everywhere atm.

4 Likes

Peak of #3 on the ARIA charts last week. It’s her 5th top 5 hit here. Definitely a good call to have her on the judging panel.

4 Likes

On a slightly relevant note, I don’t understand that song. Why is it surprising that not wearing anything makes me look at you?

2 Likes

Wonder if Seven will update their promos with a launch date during the next cricket test, assuming Australia vs South Africa gets more interest and sustains competitive matches than the previous two one-sided bore fests? Considering BBL still isn’t firing, they’d want to take exposure chances to market Idol while they can. However, these will essentially all be during day time, with the eastern summer zones and finish far earlier in (e.g.) Perth.

3 Likes