Australian Idol

I think the first live episode should feature a mega-opening with a number/medley by as many of the past Aussie Top 12 contestants as they can muster.

4 Likes

I think the show needs to be about a new chapter and the future. They don’t need a throwback to the “olden days”. They can have something like that later on. Msybe during the semifinals when there are less contestants left to perform.

2 Likes

It’s not Jack Vidgen.

3 Likes

Yeah, and Jack does not live in Brisbane, so that would have been odd.

2 Likes

Great promo.

Yeah, I’d say Australian audiences would be more familiar with Shannon Noll and Casey Donovan than Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson or Adam Lambert. Also Rob Mills and Ricki Lee Coulter could have featured. Especially with Ricki Lee as a co-host.

Which makes me wonder. Why did they leave the co-hosts out of the promo. Will they do another promo, just with them, to screen later?

1 Like

You know he did a major Australian tour with Queen in 2020?

2 Likes

And was an X Factor judge…

2 Likes

I know who he is and I also know the other Americans. I’m not saying he’s not famous. I’m just saying that someone like Shannon Noll would be better known by a wider Australian audience than those overseas stars.

6 Likes

Don’t forget Anthony Callea and Paulini,I might end up watching it after all
How could anyone forget Anthony Callea singing “The Prayer “ during his season, and a Touchdown from Mark Holden ,shame they couldn’t get him back as one of the judges

2 Likes

Who can forget? It’s all he ever sings.

4 Likes

Yes so true

2 Likes

Probably the most successful single ever released by any Australian Idol contestant.

3 Likes

Well I guess it’s popular if you sing it alot…

1 Like

Based on sales, mate. It was the second biggest selling Australian single in the decade it was released.

It has been overtaken by other Aussie artists since then but difficult to compare now because digital and streaming sales are a diffetent beast.

6 Likes

Another very very good promo aired during the Kath & Kim special.

Ps (is there a thread for K&K?)

3 Likes

The place where stars are made

First look at the extraordinary Australian Idol auditions

The first Australian Idol audition performances have been revealed with judges Harry Connick Jr, Meghan Trainor, Kyle Sandilands and Amy Shark mesmerised by the calibre of talent in a sneak peek of the star-maker series coming to Channel 7 and 7plus in January 2023.

“I’m just like, fangirling. You just turned into a superstar in my face,” screamed Meghan after watching the performance of 20-year-old Joshua Hannan. The audition by 27-year-old Sara Houston moved Harry: “Personality, presence, heroism. This is what Australian Idol is all about and you have all those qualities.”

The debut of 21-year-old Taigh Wade on the Idol stage left Kyle in awe. “I’ve been waiting for someone to walk through the door who is totally believable and that I can play on the radio. That is a winner!”

Making good on their promise to leave no stone unturned in the search for the country’s next Idol, the judges travelled to separate regional locations on their hunt for Australia’s next superstar. Scone, Mackay, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast or Perth? From every corner of Australia, dreams will come true and stars will be made. Who will be Australia’s next Idol?

Australian Idol will be hosted by multi-platinum selling, ARIA Award-nominated singer-songwriter Ricki-Lee – discovered on Australian Idol in 2004 – and internationally renowned entertainment presenter and former E! host Scott Tweedie.

Every dream, every heartache, every triumph: Australia, the wait is over. Live television is back with Australian Idol.

4 Likes

I knew that Meghan Trainor’s trip to Alice Springs wasn’t just as a tourist…

3 Likes

Yeah, she went specifically for that contestant as she couldn’t travel at the time of auditions.

3 Likes

Well that’s so unfair. Shouldn’t it be like the US version where they sing in front of the judges? Just shows how scripted it is if they’re “splitting up” and going across the country.

(to be clear no offence is intended towards the contestant and any potential circumstances)

1 Like

Yup. She only had to sing in front of Meghan. And then she was put through…

She’s lovely by the way haha. Nothing personal. Just telling you how it happened.

3 Likes