Australian Idol

I reckon I saw the same truck/trailer outside work.

4 Likes

5 Likes

It was a great promo, but why did Seven choose All About That Bass to introduce Meghan Trainor? Since that song Meghan had gone on to release two EPs and three albums, so there is a catalogue of tracks to choose from.

In regards to Live TV, as a minimum Seven needs to stream the performance shows and results shows live nationwide on 7plus, so fans in QLD, SA, NT and WA can join in the conversation and vote if required. Seven can even consider airing these episodes live in SA “straight after the news”, e.g. 6.30pm Sundays and 7pm Mondays (to be followed by Home and Away then the normal line-up).

1 Like

And Amy’s had over 10 singles since the song they chose for her too. They obviously chose the most recognisable song for each judge.

3 Likes

That may be the case but the majority of people still associate All About That Bass with Meghan.

4 Likes

Now that is one epic promo. Looks like Seven’s going all out with this.

3 Likes

Maybe Meghan chose it.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear they simply chose the most recognisable song from each judge.

6 Likes

Agree. But rhetorical questions keep being asked hahaha

2 Likes

Idol shines bright

Aspiring stars take on Rihanna

An entire generation has been waiting for this. Australian Idol, the biggest star-maker on the planet is back and premiering on Channel 7 and 7plus in 2023.

With a new breed of Australian artists ready to shine bright, seven aspiring contestants showcase the depth of incredible talent in the upcoming competition, performing Rihanna’s Diamonds in the series’ dazzling launch clip.

Having travelled to every corner of the country, judges Harry Connick Jr, Meghan Trainor, Kyle Sandilands and Amy Shark have left no stone unturned to help unearth the next Australian Idol .

Eight-time ARIA Award-winner Amy is thrilled with the chance to nurture emerging Australian artists: “It’s going to be pretty special to find that diamond in the rough and then see how they progress through the show. Australian Idol has changed the lives of so many artists in the past. I’m so excited to be part of that.”

International music icons Guy Sebastian, Jessica Mauboy, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson and Adam Lambert were all unknown until Idol found them.

Australian Idol will be hosted by multi-platinum selling, ARIA Award-nominated singer-songwriter Ricki-Lee – who was discovered on Australian Idol in 2004 – and internationally renowned entertainment presenter and former E! host Scott Tweedie.

Every dream, every heartache, every triumph: Australia, the wait is over. Live television is back with Australian Idol.

5 Likes

That is actually an incredible promo. Like others I was not so keen on the reboot initially - but now I am hanging for it.

3 Likes

Has she had any other hits besides that one? Name three. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Like I’m Gonna Lose You.
Lips Are Moving.

She has plenty of recognisable songs, including 6 top 10 songs in Australia. Two of those were #1s and 2 others made Top 5.

2 Likes

That’s only two. I said three. Fail. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The last time she had a top 50 hit in Australia was 2016. Just saying.

1 Like

Her new song ‘Made You Look’ may just be on the path to being a hit. It was released last week and is currently #7 on the Australian iTunes chart and #23 on the daily streaming Spotify chart (which if it wasn’t infiltrated by Taylor Swift’s new albums songs clogging the charts would be much higher). It’s also gone viral with a dance on TikTok with 300,000+ videos using the song.

But yeah personally I would’ve used Like I’m Gonna Lose You or Made You Look (which is more recent).

3 Likes

Jack Vidgen is in that promo. Don’t tell me he’s on the show. AGT, I’m a Celebrity, the Voice and now this??? Howie not.

1 Like

Where in the promo is he?

Are you sure it’s not The Challenge promo? He’s on that.

4 Likes

Stan Walker, Casey Donovan, Damian Leith, Shannon Noll, Bobby Flynn, Dean Geyer, Lisa Mitchell among others.

7 Likes

I know all the reality shows seem to blend together these days but you’re very confused. He’s in The Challenge promo.

4 Likes

TFTV may be right. Someone who looks like Jack Vidgen is in last night’s promo, looking at the Brisbane skyline at night.

c3dc8693b05ea26d4ef644c6fe9459fa8523f694_2_517x291

(from TVCynic’s screencaps above)

1 Like