Australian Idol

It’s confusing. It ends before Easter but there’s not enough time to have a new show from when it ends to when Easter is so they really could have gone late Jan to Easter in April.

3 Likes

You’ve answered your own question there. Q1 always meant they had to fit it in between the Australian Open and Easter which effectively limits it to Feb/March, so probably the auditions stripped across a couple of weeks then six weeks of live shows. Assuming a final 12 you eliminate 2 per week leaving you with 2 for a Head to Head Final. That would at least be more structured than the US format with varying amounts eliminated each week.

It’s not what it was and doesn’t build the momentum in the way it did at it’s peak, but it’s alot better than what The Voice has been doing in recent years.

5 Likes

According to a promo for next week’s Sunrise, there will be a behind-the-scenes look at the top 30 show which took place on Wednesday, including a chat with Kyle Sandilands.

1 Like

I hope it’s not going to show some of the performances. Wouldn’t that ruin the audition episodes and Top 50 week?

3 Likes

That was an incredibly strong launch promo.

1 Like

7 Likes

Are they advertising “LIVE TV” in QLD, SA, NT, WA?

2 Likes

A general entertainment program that is recorded and broadcast live is usually considered as being able to be described as “live” when shown in other markets.

2 Likes

Would we say the same if a sports event was promoted as such?

1 Like

Hasn’t aired here yet.

1 Like

And I presume it can be found live on 7+ ? Or not?

1 Like

I did say “general entertainment” program. It is to distinguish it from a show that was pre-recorded when originally broadcast.

2 Likes

No Ricki-Lee Coulter? Damn.

1 Like

Video

5 Likes

That’s an excellent promo. Can’t wait for it to start.

2 Likes

I wasn’t planning on watching this, but after seeing the promo I’ll definitely be tuning in.

4 Likes

Surely Australian Idol has produced more talent than just Guy Sebastian and and Jessica Mauboy? Bizzare decision to feature more USA success stories than Australia’s.

4 Likes

I think that has to be one of the best promos Seven have ever made.

6 Likes

Agree. Some excellent work there.

3 Likes

Outstanding promo

3 Likes