Australian Idol

A Australian Idol ‘first look’ will air 7pm Sunday.

(Source: Judges hype promo Seven have aired tonight)

9 Likes

7 Likes

Wonder if they’ll do it across all the multichannels as well at the same time?

3 Likes

Top 50 Week yesterday.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Ricki Lee mentioned on Nova this afternoon that today they finished filming Australian Idol for this year. They come back together next year for the live shows.

7 Likes

The date advised to the contestants for finale suggests that there will not be one elimination a week for top 12.

2 Likes

Maybe two episodes per week with an elimination every episode.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve worked it out at according to the finale date. Two going a week. Obviously I could be wrong but the finale date is set and it’s not more than 12 weeks lol.

Also, the date that they have to be back in Sydney doesn’t match up either. It’s quite early. Assuming the show starts Monday 30 Jan, I’m not sure what’s happening in regards to amount of audition episodes or even how many episodes will air a week.

1 Like

I think week 1 is the first four judges auditions (assuming in chronological order - Sydney, Perth, Adelaide and Gold Coast). Week 2 is judges auditions in Melbourne, then the top 50 (3 episodes). Performance and elimination begin in week 3.

How will elimination work out with one contestant leaving at the end of each episode? Will be there a live vote?

1 Like

Unless the show starts mid January, those dates don’t even match up either.

It’s hard to guess the format right now. The dates are very confusing.

2 Likes

There is no way Seven will schedule Australian Idol against Australian Open next January.

Also, the date that contestants have to be back in Sydney, doesn’t mean they will perform the very next day. They will have rehearsals, interviews, photoshoots etc. leading into the first live show.

3 Likes

What I’m saying is that the date they’ve set the finale for doesn’t leave very much room for top 24 and then 12 weeks of weekly eliminations. There’s such a small gap between when the contestants need to be back in Sydney and the finale date.

1 Like

Angus Ross mentioned in the podcast the other day that it would be 2 nights a week- a performance show and a results show.

1 Like

That’s impossible unless the results show evicts 2 people.

1 Like

Just telling you what he said. Listen for yourself.

2 Likes

I’m not arguing with you lol. I’m just saying if that’s the case it’ll definitely be 2 going home a week then.

2 Likes

Could it follow American Idol with more than two people eliminated each week, after they reached top 24? This is what happened in the most recent season.
Week 1: four eliminated (top 24 divided into two groups of 12)
Week 2: six eliminated
Week 3: four eliminated
Week 4: three eliminated
Week 5: two eliminated
Week 6: two eliminated
Week 7: top three performance with winner crowned

4 Likes

That matches up perfectly with the scheduled finale date.

2 Likes

I don’t like the sound of that at all, it’s exactly what is wrong with The Voice. All these shows are most successful when they keep it simple and do one elimination per week, or at least one elimination per episode. Maybe have one double elimination early on.

If they need to shorten the season, start the live shows with a top 10 or have 4 in the finale.

5 Likes