Australian Idol

It’s tomorrow morning at 10:45am.

2 Likes

weird time to do it.

2 Likes

There’s 30 people to get through. No way it could be done at night.

1 Like

fair enough. just thought I supposed if you were keen enough to be in the audience you’d take the day off work.

2 Likes

Pretty sure most shows these days are done during the day.

1 Like

I thought it was 50? Unless the producers split it into two shows?

2 Likes

It’s been Top 50 week.

On Monday they started with 50. They sent 10 home

Today they had 40 and sent another 10 home.

Tomorrow is 30 down to 24.

4 Likes

This is going to be an amazing season. The talent is exceptional. A VERY diverse group of finalists. It’s going to be very hard to find a winner.

7 Likes

Hopefully it’s not rigged/scripted like the American versions

1 Like

In terms of eliminations?

1 Like

Basically the whole thing over there is now.

1 Like

Oh right.

I didn’t get that impression today.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on this? How is it scripted/rigged?

1 Like

Isn’t that what everyone says nowadays? Like if you don’t have a sad enough story they won’t put you through?

(No suggestion the Aussie versions are)

2 Likes

Oh, so speculation, not a fact. I thought there was something factual about that comment. All good.

@David how was the production? (If you experienced any). Is the old theme music back?

1 Like

No production unfortunately. Ricki Lee and Scott opened the show on stage (great chemistry btw) then read the intros of each artists off stage. Could hear them but not see them. The judges were fantastic. Marcia got a very loud applause and cheer when she walked out. Kyle received the loudest applause. In between each artist Kyle spoke to the audience and kept us entertained. There was a warm up person but Kyle also provided entertainment.

10 Likes

I was initially a grinch over this, however looking more forward to watching the more I hear about it!

5 Likes

Wait til you see the talent.

Ricki and Scott (and the warm up guy) kept emphasising the live shows in February.

6 Likes

What odds they get the Jackson Jive to audition (sans blackface of course)?

1 Like

Forgot to mention before that Harry said to the audience that it’s been really hard to judge this season. He said of all the seasons he’s judged for American Idol, this one was the most difficult.

5 Likes