Australian Idol

Guess I’m not the only one then. I don’t see many people agreeing with you here.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised considering the majority of people on this forum are probably white men who are afraid of having their privileges taken from them.

1 Like

Another assumption.

8 Likes

I have been around in this forum for 15 years…

And honestly i don’t care what people in this forum think. It is fact. It is the reality. And it needs to change whether it is popular opinion or not. A lot of things in the past haven’t been popular opinion in the past - women being able to vote etc. If you don’t want to call out this for being wrong and being slow on the uptake so be it. This is something that will change and has to or it will be the death of FTA.

2 Likes

I’m going to end my involvement here because we are going around in circles.

Like I said. I absolutely agree with your original comment. I just don’t think it’s as simple as you may believe and I certainly don’t think quotas are the answers. I don’t know the answer and I haven’t claimed to but I just think installing quotas and forcing the hand of people is not the right the path. People shouldn’t be forced to change. Change is hard and needs to happen on their own. It’ll happen and yeah it’ll take time but we are heading in the right direction. Just not as fast as we may like.

6 Likes

yet you have been getting worked up all morning getting your point around, especially to those who dont agree agree with you.

2 Likes

I won’t stop arguing it either. I don’t care if you don’t agree with me. The stance on this is simple. We need more representation, and the fact networks aren’t leading to the decline in FTA. Heart Break High was a huge success and is it a coincidence it had a great representation of all Australians? I don’t think so. It is plain and simple our emerging generations are wanting a representation of people from a range of diversities. If you want to be the dinosaur that is still living in the early 1900’s so be it. But I will call it out. And continue to.

1 Like

Agree that we need more representative in general on Australian television. Noone is questioning that. Some dramas are doing a great job (like Heartbreak High), others aren’t doing a great job.

I thinking were questioning Idol not having diversity on the judging panel this time around doesnt mean they wont in the future. Heck Marcia Hines was on the show for years, and that was diverse.

We’ll see how diverse the contestants will be though. I guess we will have to wait and see with that.

2 Likes

You can’t draw on one single diverse judge in the past though… it’s like saying you once talked to an indigenous Australian so your not racist…

And yes some are doing a great job but most of those that are on streaming and are quite successful. Those on FTA have done nothing to very little and are currently not doing so well.

1 Like

Let’s draw a line under this here please.

14 Likes

Getting back on topic… Marcia Hines has announced that she will be involved in the Australian Idol reboot as a guest judge.

8 Likes

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

Australian music icon Marcia Hines joins Australian Idol

Iconic Australian music legend and former Australian Idol judge Marcia Hines will join Australian Idol as a guest judge when the series premieres on Channel 7 and 7plus in 2023.

The beloved musical treasure was an original judge on the star-making series from 2003 to 2009 and will return once more to lend her expertise as the nation searches for its next singing sensation.

“I feel honoured to have been asked to come back. Australian Idol is a great vehicle for uncovering some fantastic Australian talent. What a ride!” said Marcia ahead of her return to the hit series.

Marcia says nervous contestants should just be themselves and let their talent shine: “I know it’s not an easy task singing in front of strangers, but I hope that contestants show us their heart and the gift that is their voice.”

With a career spanning five decades, Marcia has released 22 albums and sold 2.6 million copies, garnering countless chart-topping singles and multi-platinum records globally. Inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 2007, Marcia continues to remain one of Australia’s most-loved music artists.

The Australian Idol judging panel includes celebrated American Idol judge, musician, singer, composer and multiple Grammy® award-winning Harry Connick Jr; powerhouse Grammy® award-winning singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor; unfiltered and unapologetic top-rating broadcaster Kyle Sandilands; and beloved eight-time ARIA Award-winning singer-songwriter Amy Shark.

A global success since 2001, the Idol franchise has launched the careers of many multi-award-winning artists including Aussies Guy Sebastian, Jessica Mauboy, Matt Corby, Ricki-Lee, Anthony Callea, Stan Walker, Casey Donovan and Courtney Act.

International music icons Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson and Adam Lambert also launched their brilliant careers on the Idol stage.

Australian Idol will be hosted by multi-platinum-selling, ARIA Award-nominated singer-songwriter Ricki-Lee – who was discovered on Australian Idol in 2004 – and internationally renowned entertainment presenter and former E! host Scott Tweedie.

8 Likes

Wonderful news :+1:

6 Likes

I hope 7 have a hit on their hands with this one. I didn’t have much faith when it was first announced, thinking 7 would somehow screw the original format, but so far so good.

8 Likes

Marcia Hines fills in for Meaghan Trainor for the Top 50 show.

3 Likes

Looks like Meghan has already flown home.

The top 50 show will be held tomorrow morning at Coliseum Theatre, Rooty Hill.

1 Like

Meghan flown home, because her album has just come out this week. And probably doing press for her new album in the states.

4 Likes

Wtf, why did they choose Megan to be on the panel if she wasn’t available? Surely there were good names that were between albums? Especially if it was an international search.

5 Likes

Yeah. It’s ridiculous.

1 Like
4 Likes