Australian Idol

Casey Treloar is the weather presenter in the clip.

2 Likes

Seven’s probably thinking any form of publicity is good publicity.

True. When noone is talking about you, that’s when you know you are in real trouble.

its all publicity and you wouldn’t see this amount of people caring about the selection of judges for any show.

Harry being woke again.

2 Likes

Why did they get Harry? No one under the age of 30 knows who he is. And the rest only remember him from the Hey hey debacle in 2010.

4 Likes

For the headlines. Obviously. Looking like this is going to be a debacle with more focus on the judges than the contestants.

2 Likes

A little presumptive given we have not seen a frame of anything that’s been shot. The judges are what draws people in. They stay for the talent.

1 Like

It’s a mail article too

Yes but they’re not making it up. Kyle said it on his radio show. The audio is in the article.

Just because Kyle (and the Daily Mail) are ignorant doesn’t mean everyone else has to be too.

1 Like
1 Like

Idol auditions were held at ICC at Sydney’s Darling Harbour this morning. Saw a report by Evan Batten (including a brief chat with Kyle Sandilands) on Seven News Melbourne this evening.

Auditions tour go to Gold Coast next week before concluding at Melbourne Showgrounds.

Edit: here is the report

1 Like

Did they say that in the story? It’s my understanding that the Gold Coast auditions are next Saturday 15.10.

Sorry, my mistake. Melbourne auditions will take place at the Showgrounds on October 17-18 (as reported by Sunday Herald Sun last week), then it’s the top 50 performance show in Sydney on October 26.

Kyle sandilands said on the news that there will be the delusional acts that humiliate themselves.

Good to hear, I thought they might be pressured to go soft and drop some of the quintessential parts of the Idol format.

4 Likes

Have the judges been part of these auditions or are they just with producers?

i Think the judges have been, as there was clips of Meghan Trainor at Optus stadium in Perth talking to the fans.

1 Like

Kyle was interviewed on Seven News outside the venue and with the queue of people waiting.

The auditions with the producers happened via zoom a few months ago. Then they put through who they chose to go through to the judges auditions.

2 Likes