appleTV +

3 Likes

https://tbivision.com/2021/02/18/apple-signs-overall-deal-with-skydance-animation-in-kids-content-push/

Season 2 of For All Mankind launches today. It was renewed for a third season in December last year.

Coming March 12

1 Like

Mosquito Coast reviews:

Critics average score on Rotten Tomatoes

According to today’s Sunday Herald Sun, production of remaining episodes of AppleTV+ drama Shantaram is set to resume in Melbourne later this month, with star Charlie Hunnam having completed mandatory quarantine in Sydney. Filming was interrupted in March 2020 due to COVID-19.

Has there been any news on Season 2 of The Morning Show/Morning Wars?

I believe it’s in final stages of production.

3 Likes

Mr. Corman debuts on Apple TV+ worldwide on Friday, August 6 with the first three episodes, followed by one new episode weekly.

1 Like

Curious if anyone here subscribes to appleTV+?

I had it for a week during the free trial period just to watch Morning Wars, but with an underwhelming library content and clunky operating system there was nothing else on there to keep me interested as a subscriber.

I personally find it hard to take them seriously as a streaming network, they just don’t have the same cut through as other established services and I don’t think they ever will tbh.

Never paid for it yet. Across my family we’ve bought enough new Apple devices in the last 18 months to keep getting it for free. You usually get 12 months free with a new iPhone, iPad or Mac which has easily kept us going for now.

Eventually I will pay for it as I honestly don’t normally buy new Apple products every year! But I’ll only keep it to watch any new seasons of Ted Lasso and Morning Wars and then cancel it.

Yes I am paying for an annual sub via Itunes, though because I also subscribe to Stan, Netflix , Prime and Disney+ i have only watched a few things.

I’ve had it for free for the past year, my free year expires on the 18th of July so not long left… will likely keep it because Season 2 of Ted Lasso drops in July and I LOVED Season 1. Then Morning Wars is back Sept 17 so I’ll subscribe for that.

I’m currently enjoying Mythic Quest almost done with Season 1 then have all of S2 to watch and finally I’m very keen to watch Physical and catch up on Servant.

I actually quite like the service, the content library is fairly slim but it is of decent quality imo. The interface could definitely do with some work though accessing via the AppleTV which I have attached to both TV’s makes it easier and once you’ve started a show the next episode just slots into your “up next” list.

In short, I would stay subscribed for certain shows but likely not for a full year like I do for Netflix, Stan etc.

It’s funny, I feel I get more value out of Apple+ than Netflix. There’s so much library content on Netflix that bloats the library as well as some dud Netflix Originals, whereas Apple has gone for an HBO approach of sorts with quality over quantity.

4 Likes