appleTV +

I actually don’t disagree - Netflix has the catalogue and movies to drop in and out of but I’ve found the Netflix original series pretty lackluster lately.

1 Like

Have it for free for a year but have not used it once. I’ll make sure to cancel but it seems fairly lackluster.

I’ve had it free for around 18 months now (they kept extended the free period due to covid delays in production). It runs out next month. Physical, Morning Wars and one random nature documentary is all I’ve watched on the service. I may subscribe once a year for a month or so and catch up on those few shows. It’s really not worth it for me.

Out of interest why is it that you haven’t used it once? The content isn’t lacklusture what I’ve watched I’ve really enjoyed.

What I’ve seen thus far and I’d go back to each of them include;

Series

• Morning Wars/The Morning Show
  • Ted Lasso
  • Mythic Quest (S1)
  • Trying

Movies

• Greyhound
  • On The Rocks
  • Palmer

Docs

• The Year the Earth Changed
  • Dads
  • The Elephant Queen

Plus there’s a few I’m wanting to check out incl; Physical, For All Mankind, Dickinson, Schmigadoon!, Shrink Next Door, Defending Jacob and Servant.

1 Like

I’ve heard For All Mankind is good. Just haven’t got around to watching any of those. Would probably like Morning Wars. Just have. Had other priorities on all the other services.

Oh I hear ya, I’m so far behind on so many shows on so many services. I subscribe to far too many services :stuck_out_tongue: + limited time.

1 Like

If you like Bob’s Burgers, Central Park is pretty good. Although some people don’t like the constant singing.

Me too .

Schmigadoon is one of the best and funniest shows I’ve watched on any service (streaming or terrestrial) for a long time. It probably helps that I remember most of the old musicals that they are satirising. If you don’t like musicals it’s not for you.

I also loved Ted Lasso and I’m looking forward to Season 2 of Morning Wars. So my free year of Apple+ is paying off.

3 Likes

I have seen some promos for this. Thanks for the review I will try and check it out

If you like musicals you will love it. Funny also. Some of the songs from the series are on YouTube.

1 Like

Schmigadoon is tremendous television - I loved it. Definitely not for one who doesn’t like musicals but it was so bloody good and actually very funny.

AppleTV+ may have a very limited catalouge but I actually think the content is superior to alot of what is on the other streamers so far I’ve watched and would recommend;

TV Series

• Morning Wars
  • Ted Lasso
  • Mythic Quest
  • Physical
  • Trying
  • Schmigadoon

Movies

• CODA (Brilliant)
  • Greyhound
  • On The Rocks
  • Palmer
  • The Year the Earth Changed

Far more than I’ve watched of Netflix of late to be honest.

3 Likes

They’re definitely trying to become the HBO of streaming services (ie; focusing on quality rather than quantity of shows)

3 Likes

Agree. My only gripe would be a more frequent film release schedule, maybe one original film a month - maybe that’s expecting too much with the output quality they seem to have.

Season 2 of Morning Wars, whose production was delayed by COVID-19, premieres on AppleTV+ on September 17.

7 Likes

Hardly anyone based on recent articles. Just not enough content and using the archaic weekly release schedule.

Wouldn’t be a bad idea if Apple maybe tried offering one free movie rental off the Apple store with each month’s subscription.

the subscription would almost pay for itself, keep people engaged and remind people that they can still do that.

3 Likes

I would absolutely subscribe if that was the case, given each new release film is $6.99 to rent. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT - I’m in a second year free subscription - I like it. Would I subscribe long time…not sure, I’d definitely dip in and out as shows air that I like.

see, Apple, you’ve already got one guaranteed customer, make it happen :grin: