American Idol

In the finale episode Ryan said something along the lines that 600 or 660 million people have watched the finale episodes in total in the past, trying to emphasize how much of an institution they used to be.

American Idol 2019

From Monday 4 March

American Idol is back and packed with star power and music royalty! Stream new episodes of the juggernaut series same day as the US, from Monday March 4 on Foxtel. American Idol 2019 will also be available to watch Monday March 4 at 5:30pm AEDT on FOX8.

Award-winning host and producer Ryan Seacrest returns as host of the iconic series along with superstar judges, including international popstar Katy Perry , country music sensation Luke Bryan and music industry legend Lionel Richie . Each week these superstar judges will help determine who America will ultimately vote for to become the next American Idol. This season American multimedia personality Bobby Bones will take on the role of in-house mentor, guiding the singing hopefuls in the journey to make their dreams come true.

The long-running, popular series has revolutionised the television landscape by pioneering the music competition genre and creating some of the biggest names in the music industry. Past winners of the series including multiple Grammy Award winners Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood as well as Grammy nominated starlet Jordin Sparks . Finalists have also gone on to achieve worldwide success, including pop sensation Adam Lambert and most notably Jennifer Hudson , who won an Academy Award, Golden Globe and Grammy Award since competing on the series.

American Idol is produced by Fremantle and Industrial Media’s 19 Entertainment. Executive producers include Fremantle’s Trish Kinane, also serving as showrunner, Jennifer Mullin, Megan Wolflick and Industrial Media’s Chris Anokute. Fremantle distributes the series worldwide.

American Idol 2019 stream same day as the US, from Monday March 4 on Foxtel and watch at 5:30pm AEDT on FOX8.

ABC has renewed American Idol for a 3rd season at the network.

While the future of the show is sure, that of Seacrest and its judges — Luke Bryan, Katy Perry, and Lionel Richie — is not. While offers have been made and a source close to the production says the network hopes all of the talent will return, EW has learned there is also no timing regarding an announcement, meaning those negotiations could take a while.

I honestly don’t know how this show is still going. It just feels so dated and unexciting. I find this judging panel boring and too overly positive. It feels like The Voice now where nobody really goes anywhere big out of it.

3 Likes

Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie to return.

1 Like

Boring. I found them an extremely boring and non-constructive judging panel. Katy should be focusing on her music career again, she finally had a hit again with Never Really Over and should be focusing on more of that.

Season 18 starts in the US this Sunday (February 16) but there is no sign of it on Foxtel’s schedule. Will Foxtel show this season at all?

I also would love to know the answer to this question. Was looking forward to it.

Meh. Name am artist from the reboot that has done anything since the show? It’s pointless like The Voice.

This was posted last month but I didn’t find out until tonight:

So unless another network picks up the Australian rights, we will have to watch the show via other means.

yes it will have to be watched via other means as no one here in australia want it

This show is so passed its use by date. My boyfriend downloads it and I can’t stand it.

1 Like

It’s the 7th highest rated show in the 2019-2020 US season with only The Masked Singer, The Voice, Bachelor, This is Us and 911 a
above it. I see it being around for quite a while yet but this is the first season that I haven’t bothered to watch. There are many better shows out there now.

just because its the 7th highest in the usa doesnt mean it rates here in australia. i think last time foxtel had it it never rated all that well

I never said it did. I was replying to Chris’s comment that the show is past its use by date

Lots of shows in America are past their Used By Date but hang around for years like mouldy stale bread. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What a let down for the contestants. I feel like they should have just taken a break and brought the show back in June/July this year with the live shows.

1 Like

I hope the contestants’ performances won’t be hampered by the lack of a professional band.

Waiting 16 months wouldn’t be ideal though.