Amazon Prime Cricket Coverage

Discussion thread for Amazon Prime’s coverage of International Cricket Council tournaments, and other cricket shows such as The Test.

The fixture for this year’s T20 World Cup in USA and West Indies has been released. Australia is in group B alongside defending champion England, Namibia, Scotland and Oman, and will play all matches in West Indies.

Australia’s 2024 T20 World Cup group games:
vs Oman, June 5, Barbados
vs England, June 8, Barbados
vs Nambia, June 11, Antigua
vs Scotland, June 15, St Lucia

The final will be held on June 29 at Barbados.

4 Likes

It’s going to be interesting to see if Amazon produce any wrap around coverage locally for the T20 WC or if they take ICC warts and all.

1 Like

As mentioned elsewhere, the first ICC tournament to be streamed exclusively on Amazon will be the Under-19 World Cup in South Africa, starting January 19 and running until the final on February 11.

Australia, chasing their fourth U19 title, is in group C alongside Namibia, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.

2 Likes

who will be amazons cricket presenters

1 Like

Will they bother to have any?

1 Like

I think Amazon will just take the world feed for the Under-19 World Cup, and gather a presenting team for the T20 World Cup mid year.

3 Likes

Just need to look at the swimming coverage. They will get some Aussie faces pre and post coverage for Australian games and final. Hard to see 7/9/Fox object to using some of their familiar faces.

1 Like

The latest article at Cricket Australia on the U19 Men’s World Cup still mentions matches being shown on Fox Cricket and Kayo, when the entire tournament is on Amazon Prime.

1 Like

Been deleted now, can’t see any mention to Fox (unless I’m blind aha)

1 Like

2 Likes

ICC Under19 Men’s Cricket World Cup pre start of streaming

3 Likes

Watching through Apple TV. Needs more sport content here in Oz. Used to have swimming but now this is on 9. Subbed to their 30-day trial to try it out

1 Like

They will get it… will take time

2 Likes

they need to do split screen like Kayo
SA Vs Windies on too

Edit- I’m going to say the 1080p bitrate is waaaay better then Kayo

is this what perhaps made Kayo go 4k - now that Prime has some of the cricket?

2 Likes

More to do with 7 finally having the cricket/AFL streaming rights from late 2024.

2 Likes

I’d argue Kayo going 4K was inevitable once Binge did. Live streaming 4K is a lot more work though.

2 Likes

Kayo going 4K was somewhat inevitable (although I thought Foxtel might hold it back to create a point of difference)

1 Like

I think its fair to point out that there are live subtitles on this…

2 Likes

Interesting to see what the stats are.
Kayo HD maxes out at 6.5mbps.

3 Likes