Amazon Prime

No, limited ads will also come to Amazon Prime in Australia sometime in 2024.

The change will happen in the UK, Germany and Canada on February 5, where the service has begun notifying customers as well. That will be followed by France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Australia later in the year.

I’ll be cancelling my subscription then. I’ve been keeping it because I get free delivery on purchases as well as the streaming but I’ll cancel now and maybe rejoin for a month or two, down the track.

1 Like

So Amazon stops sending toilet paper in giant boxes but wraps it in plastic instead.

Wish they would get rid of those bags that have plastic padding glued to them and use something like a Jiffy Bag instead.

As for their streaming service that post i made was off Facebook not mine … but they are going to include ads next year.

I seem to use the shipping part more … have not watched something on Prime for a long time.

1 Like

I enjoyed this series. Great story and beautifully shot. I would say that the only disappointing part was Sigourney Weaver. Her Australian accent kept slipping and in some scenes it looked to me like she was concentrating so hard on the accent that she wasn’t delivering the emotion. But the rest of the cast was brilliant including the young actresses who played Alice and Leah Purcell.

1 Like

I’ve started a new Amazon Prime cricket thread so that this thread can be left for discussion of general programming and issues related to the platform.

1 Like

Australian Original movie Five Blind Dates - first local production for Prime. Premiere 13 Feb

It looks good. Was this ever announced before now? Some shows have so much publicity and others not much at all.

The movie was first announced in late March 2022:

Filming began in Sydney in April with the cast revealed in May that year:

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Amazon Prime Cricket Coverage

Watched the first episode of Dance Life and I was quite impressed by this production. It’s very well done. Wasn’t planning to watch it all but im hooked now.

The first two episodes of Expats were released worldwide on Thursday, January 25, as scheduled, but were not available in Hong Kong. Hong Kong’s Commerce and Economic Development Bureau said the city’s film censorship laws do not apply to streaming services.

UPDATE 30/1

You don’t see many fun Aussie movies these days. Great cast and great locations. I quite enjoyed it.

1 Like

Amazon insists there are no plans to change Freevee.

1 Like

Comedy film Ricky Stanicky, which was filmed in Melbourne in February-March 2023, premieres on Amazon this Thursday (March 7).

Prime Video has licensed the show’s first season in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and sub-Saharan Africa