AM and FM DX

KIX don’t have RDS at present… Well not on any of the sites I have been to, or listened to.

1 Like

I agree, I know Wollongong and Nowra doesn’t have RDS on KiX Country… and they would be 2 of the largest markets, particularly Wollongong.

1 Like

Yeah… Looks like I stuffed up on RDS Spy again as the PI matched JOY and I don’t think any other station in victoria has that PI.

Whoops.

There is currently nothing unusual on FM here in Geelong…

1 Like

Mt Barrow ABC’s coming in this morning as well as some enhancement from Hit Bendigo.

2 Likes

Slight tropo lift to Orange stations & Goulburn.
Also Mt. Cenn-Cruaich ABC outlets of 106.3 2PNN & 105.5 2ABCFM coming in.

I was wondering if 105.5 2BS Oberon was operational yet?
Is a 2nd station behind 105.5 ABCFM (probably 2SBSFM Canberra).

Yes, it’s on-air, as I’ve picked it up whilst in Leura back in December 2015.

2 Likes

Tropo FM DX Reception of 2MCE Bathurst 92.3 FM noted this morning.
Also Goulburn 93.5 & 94.3 & slight lift to Taree.
Might be more tropo enhancement to NSW north coast in early am hours tonight.

1 Like

I am getting Wollongong at enhanced levels, also more Sydney community stations than usual.

Though the major FM stations from Sydney are about the same as usual.

Reception of the Newcastle stations is better than usual here in Sydney tonight, but no Mid North Coast stations or anything like that.

2 Likes

Taree & Port Stephens stations heard after sunrise & a slight sniff of Kempsey 97.9FM. Newcastle in stronger than usual.

1 Like

Enhanced conditions from the north into Brisbane including Gladstone.

1 Like

First E’s I’ve received since living in Perth - currently Nova 91.9 and some glimpses of Fresh 92.7 but no sign of any other Adelaide FM’s further down the band. Been waiting 2 summers for this so I hope the heat keeps up for some more opportunities.

2 Likes

Yep, been around since this afternoon. An RDS lock on 101.9 and 103.5 from Maryborough in Gaven (Gold Coast) was the highlight of the drive this afternoon. Got Sea Bundaberg too but failed to decode the RDS

2 Likes

M’bo stations often enter the RDS list when travelling north on the M1 between Exit 69 and 66, Gaven as you say + LOS west to Tamborine good also there for adjacent channel stations to Gold Coast allocations. Would be the same on the western service road where you could pull over to check for reception.

1 Like

2ZOO 92.7 Dubbo made it into the Sydney region moments ago for 5-10 minutes, then disappeared…

1 Like

Precisely where I was when I noted this. It’s a spot where Sunshine Coasters are always present, and heading south you can get good reception of Grafton and even Coffs. Gaven hill shields the locals well and just behind it keeps Brisbane weak too

More notably I also managed to get Triple M from the 'borough with an RDS lock in western Brisbane despite the best efforts of the over-deviating blowtorch of 4MBS trying to stop me. This issue is lesser of course down on the Coast where its signal is much weaker

2 Likes

Some quite intense inland tropo this morning at Stanhope Gardens.Received on Digitech Hi-Fi Fm tuner with an external Omni fm antenna -
92.7 Zoo first time catch
93.5 Eagle Fm in stereo
96.7 ABC Classic Fm Mt Dowe under splatter of Nova 96.9
99.3 Brock, completely knocked out Northside Radio
100.1 Bathurst Christian Radio, over the top of Hornsby community radio
101.9 Triple J Orange
102.3 ABC Classic Fm Canberra
102.7 ABC Classic Fm Orange in stereo
103.9 News Radio Canberra
104.3 RN Orange no splatter from 2day or Star 104.5
105.1 Triple M Orange
105.9 Hit 105.9 Orange
106.7 Sky Sports Radio Orange
Could not receive 107.5 Comninity Radio Orange though.

2 Likes

Power fm Muswellbrook has completely knocked out i98 at Stanhope Gardens!!!
I98 is normally at local strength here.

2 Likes

Tropo now becoming costal with Newcastle commercials / Community coming in strong in stereo.

Triple J Manning River over Coast Fm.
Had Hit 102.3 Port Macquarie and Sky Sports Port Radio Port Macquarie on 92.7 as well.

Newcastle Tv now interfering with Wollongong Tv from Knights Hill at my location.

3 Likes