AM and FM DX

The 100W translator from Lorne - really good get. I suspect it may be batting a bit above its average in the power stakes, but still that was a rare get in Melbourne during good tropo (it took quite a bit to get over ABCFM Bendigo). Rarer still was the 95.9 translator from Apollo Bay - pick that one up and I’ll buy you a beer :grin:

2 Likes

Or the SFN on 87.8 here in Melbourne :wink:

Spanish programming coming in on 94.7 with a bit of RDS.rdsspy_2018-01-30_21-02-07

WOW, just had something appear on 92.4 and 93.4

1 Like

Probably just The Pulse from Geelong? Though their website says it should be Bosnian or Serbian right now

In my experience in Melbourne the coastal ones could be fickle. Coast FM Warrnambool was in basically whenever there was a sniff of tropo, but even the ABCs from there could be tough. Hamilton was tough too, as it is co-channelled with Tasmania which tended to dominate

2 Likes

Bay is easy, but if it comes strong. It’s a sign that there may be tropo.

Pulse tho is rare. Mt Barrow coming in now.

1 Like

Tasmania back in again

1 Like

Funny that - they are meant to operate at the same power. Though Joy 94.9 does cause a few more issues to The Pulse in Melbourne than 3WBC does to Bay FM

Do you get good reception of 89.3 or 99.5 from Geelong where you are? They’re much lower power but broadcast from a different location so can come in a bit differently

2 Likes

Anything from 97.4-100.3 is just noise.

I think I got 89.3 once. If that’s KIX Country.

Joy does not cause really that many issues. It’s SBS and 3ZZZ that are troublemakers.

Just now

1 Like

I’m now getting 88.9 Mixx FM from Hamilton.

3 Likes

92.9 May now be ABC Classical Gore Hill (Sydney)

WOW BOYS.

2 Likes

Being able to receive that over 2RSR is rather impressive! :slight_smile:

1 Like

triple j is 2D5F. Could that be Nova Perth?

Nevermind. It was JOY 94.9 but I forgot to reset RDS Spy.

1 Like

ESKIP ALERT NZ!!!

91.6 More Fm Northland coming into NW Sydney, coming in quite strong at times.
Also receiving TAB trackside Radio on 92.4 from Kaitaia.

1 Like

Just a bit of tropo on the 163MHz area from the west.

TROPO ALERT**

96.7 triple j Mt Tassie (Gippsland) coming in as a first on the SDR.

May also have Smooth Sydney 95.3.

93.7 from Sydney may also be back.

1 Like

95.3FM Sydney is Smooth, Nova Sydney is on 96.9! :wink:

1 Like

Ah, they are listed as the same licencee so that’s why I got them mixed up.

Fixed.

1 Like

Strong signals from four southern states in Brisbane this afternoon, Hit 96.1 Mt Gambia with RDS, Hobart ABCs, Mt Ulandra ABCs from NSW and Mt Dundas from W Victoria.

2 Likes

Today I think I received Flow FM Beech Forrest VIC on my Car radio at Cooleman Court, Weston Creek ACT.

Before I started recording, they had a promo for “The Arvo Flow”.

I don’t know what the station playing ColdPlay is.

4 Likes

From the nature of the programming & Eskip distances I would suggest you received:

1. Flow FM Maitland, SA - 2kW
    &
  2. Sea FM - Gold Coast, which I might add is conspicuously absent from the latest ACMA R&TV Stations PDF as 4SEA (Jan 2018), but it’s in the ACMA register.

Nice logs.

1 Like