AM and FM DX

That’s a very good pick up!

ABC Northern Tasmaina from Mt Barrow coming in not that great, and in sync with Central Victoria too!

1 Like

As the sun sets. I am currently receiving Bay 93.9 From Geelong quite good right now :smile: Screenshot_225

1 Like

Are you in Melbourne?

If so, wouldn’t it normally be like that?

I’m receiving this around 3-4KM from Melbourne City.

It never comes in this good, it’s always faint or just audible. The Antenna used to receive this is usually overwhelmed by JOY and SBS Radio because of it’s LOS to the Transmitters and the Antenna is pointed to the East due it receiving DTV from Mt Dandy.

Therefore it’s ideal for receiving stations from Gippsland or Tasmania.

The 396 can receive Bay quite well from North Melbourne tho…

1 Like

Classical FM from Mt Alexander (Bendigo) coming enhanced tonight so maybe some local DX going around??

Mt Barrow Classical FM on 93.3 also coming in well tonight.

1 Like

A bit of ducting around tonight

Getting 2ST 91.7 and 2BAB 92.7 as well as most Sydney suburban community radio stations in stereo, SWR with RDS. Though somewhat bizarrely 2SER isn’t even in stereo, let alone with RDS…

3RPH from Allambee near Yarragon in Gippsland coming in faintly tonight on 93.5.

First time catch and that now confirms that 93.5 can get both 3BO and 3RPH from Gippsland.

Edit: Also Hit Gippsland coming in on 94.3 from the same site as 3RPH in Gippsland.

Edit 2: Also got a transmission from that site on the SMR network (State Mobile Radio)

Edit 3: 3WBC from Box Hill coming in with RDS PI 806E.

So some DX going on to the SE of Melbourne right now.

1 Like

Canberra FMs now being received.

1CMS 91.1 and 1WAY 91.9 are easier to hear than many of the others due to less splatter from adjacent frequencies at that end of the dial.

Whereas Hit104.7 and Mix106.3 suffer a lot of splatter from Star104.5/Triple M and ABC Classic FM / KIIS106.5 respectively.

102.3 Classic FM and 103.9 News Radio are being received more clearly since they are high power signals (80kw vs 20kw for the above stations). 101.5 Triiple J and 105.5 SBS from Canberra a bit less so still, but easier to hear than 104.7 and 106.3.

SKY Sport Radio Goulburn on 94.3 also being received.

2 Likes

I meant to add in relation to Goulburn that 89.5 Classic FM is being received. But not 88.7 Triple J or 90.3 Local Radio due to Radio Northern Beaches on those frequencies.

Just received 102.9 2ST from Bowral in a null of the local KOFM! In most other positions, you can hear noise underneath KOFM that is not normally there due to 2ST.

2 Likes

Sorry for another post, but this is turning into quite a good night!

Bega ABCs overpowering Sydney community stations on 89.7, 99.3, 100.1 and 100.9.

Also now getting Coffs Harbour ABCs on.90.7, 91.5, 92.3, 97.9 but not 99.5 where the MOVE FM relay at Katoomba is tonight quite strong.

Canberra commercials are now reasonably clear, though still mono reception.

2 Likes

All Mt Barrow ABC’s coming in loud and clear.

1 Like

C91.3 picked up loud and clear in Coffs Harbour tonight, first time I’ve heard it up here. The other usual Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong stations were in at near local strength last night, along with Auckland on E skip.

1 Like

All Tasmainan stations except for News Radio which is coming in faintly are gone…

Some strong Victorian signals into Brisbane this morning including low power 3SCB. Also Tasmania and now South Australia.

2 Likes

Southern FM was unusually strong last night too.

Don’t know if it is eskip, getting very strong ABC fm on 93.9mhz in NW Sydney minimum fade, also a local ABC station on 91.7mhz it has cricket commentary on it at present any ideas?

1 Like

ESKIP ALERT::

Sydney Area:

Looking at frequency finder 93.9 and 91.7 is ABC fm Hobart and ABC local radio NE Tasmania.
Belting in now in NW Sydney almost local.

2 Likes

I am getting Tassie too, but the signals fade in and out rather rapidly.

In the car earlier, I got 7HO FM cutting in and out with WSFM down around Swansea (NSW).

At home, now getting 91.7 ABC Local Radio from Launceston, can’t get any other stations from there as they are all blocked by nearby stations. There’s something very faint on 89.3, but can’t tell if 2GLF or LAFM.

From Hobart, getting 93.9 Classic FM, Hit100.9 and Triple M is fading in and out with 2SER . All other Hobart frequencies blocked.

2 Likes

Hit 100.9 Hobart coming in now with RDS on the Digitech not as strong as 93.9.

3 Likes