AM and FM DX

Same here in Stanhope Gardens in NW Sydney but it is only marginal at the best. Slight enhancements of Orange nationals and Commercial fm stations. Eagle fm Goulburn, and ABC classic fm from Middle Brother in stereo. Wollongong Fm slightly stronger as RDS on Wave Fm is decoding straight away which does not normally happen.
102.9 is a mixture of KO and 2ST with both coming in at times in noisy stereo.
Looking forward to some real ducting and eskip when this happens.

1 Like

Was channel surfing over the weekend on the way to work (Bulga) was picking up 106.5 Kiis, 101.7 Aā€™s cleat Aā€™s day even in the work carpark (surrounded by hills)

3JJJ Bendigo (90.3 MHz) and 3MIL/t Swan Hill (102.1 MHz) were in via As/Tr from Black Springs near Oberon this morning. 13C and tropo ducting on the go, what more could one ask for?

I was in the Monaro region over the weekend and received Queensland, New Caledonia, Norfolk Island, and New Zealand via Es. Philippines TV was received up to channel A6 (85 MHz) but alas, FM from that country remained elusive. There was one religious station received on 89.3 MHz coincident with the Philippines reception which remains unconfirmed.

1 Like

Melbourne and Northern Tasmaniaā€™s turn is at 8AM tomorrow morning when there is a ā€˜Goodā€™ to ā€˜Strongā€™ forecast with Flinders Island getting a ā€˜Intenseā€™ forecast.

More info

1 Like

Hobart FM is into Brisbane right now (1920 AEDT), Iā€™ve got it right up to 100.9 (101.7 is trying but ABCFM Warwick is too strong here). I believe thereā€™s others around too

1 Like

would make senseā€¦ I can hear NSW stations on the 2 meter repeater here in Launceston :slight_smile:

went around the FM dial and heard nothingā€¦ ill try again soon

1 Like

91.7 Coming in as a first, looks like ABC from Myrtleford.

91.3FM From Gippsland might be coming in tonight, either that or itā€™s Smooth playing up againā€¦

Also 91.9 Hit - Star FM Bendigo coming in a bit better.

ABC News Radio coming in from Mt Tassie on 95.1

Ethnic Station coming in ontop of K-Rock 95.5

The DX might have started!

1 Like

Was getting 100.5 and 100.7 today in Geelong.

1 Like

Newcastle Commercial fm and Port Stephens into NW Sydney.

All Newcastle commercials fm, and 2NUR can be Seeked on the Digitek DAB fm tuner connected to outdoor Fm antenna.
98.7 ABC Classic Fm Manning River enhanced. New catch 98.3 Radio National from Port Stephens very weak though. This is normally 2XX when inland ducting occurs.

Also the Hepburn tropo forecast is predicting some strong ducting across the Tasman this Friday, particularly Norfolk Island to SE Queensland. If it goes as forecasted it will better the tropo conditions posted up on Brisbanefmdx website when 89.9 Radio Norfolk Island was received by tropo into Brisbane.

1 Like

Good Morning,

90.9 does not sound like SBS Morwell but a music station, announcer said Triple J?? looks to be Mt Barrow TAS!!!

The longest DX Iā€™ve achieved.

Looks like 91.3 Coming too from Wills Hill in Tasmaina!

An update on 91.7 Looks like another Tasmainan Transmission, this time ABC Northern Tasmaina, again from Mt Barrow.

Getting an RDS Decode on ABC News Radio?? 92.5 From what looks like Mt Barrow, Tasmaina

ABC Classical FM From Mt Barrow also coming in faintly on 93.3

ABC Radio National coming from Mt Barrow TAS on 94.1 overriding 3WBC!

Looks like some local DX too with what appears to be ABC News Radio coming in from Ballarat on 94.3.

More to come.

1 Like

South Australia into Brisbane this morning inc Magic FM Port Lincoln 89.9, Magic 93.1, ALEX FM Goolwa.

1 Like

TROPO ALERT !!!

FM signals from up and down the coast from Coffs Harbour to Batemans Bay receivable right now.

Sydney and Wollongong especially strongā€¦ including the hard to get 2RSR 88.9 Sydney City.

2 Likes

I had Wollongong commercial and ABC stations in quite strong tonight here in Coffs. Sydney and Newcastle were noted as well.

1 Like

ACMAā€™s 4 December list of stations

https://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/TV-Radio/Television/Lists-of-broadcasters/list-of-licensed-broadcasting-transmitters

Some of the missing stations have been added but still not perfect e.g., where is 4KQ?

1 Like

Hope those of you in the east are having fun with your Eā€™s and heavy tropoā€™s - Iā€™d love to be back home in SA right now with it all happening. Not much here in Perth so far this summer apart from the usual coastal tropo contenders of Classic FM and JJJ Bunbury. Did manage to get Spirit and Red FM from Lancelin for about a day last weekend though - Spirit is always a good listen when it comes in.

3 Likes

Are those Spirit and Red broadcasts in stereo, or just mono.

Does Geraldton get into Perth much there?

1 Like

The Mid North Coast ABC stations are coming in here in Sydney tonight. Triple J 96.3 and Classic FM 98.7 are the strongest, because 95.5 and 97.1 have to deal with overspill from the nearby Sydney commercial stations.

Aside from that, JJJ and Classic FM from Newcastle are at what Iā€™d call near-local levels of reception. The SCA Newcastle stations are also quite clear, but slightly noisy enough that RDS canā€™t be decoded.

2 Likes

I have that exact same problem with the Wollongong and Nowra commercials.

Tonight, I can get 2ST 91.7 with RDS easier than what I can get with Wave, i98 or Power.

1 Like

I have had Geraldton come in a couple of times - mainly Spirit on 98.1 and ABC News on 101.3. Helps if youā€™re right on or near the coast for those. Spirit Lancelin was in stereo and Iā€™m assuming therefore Red is as well but reception wasnā€™t good enough on Red for it to break through (adjacent Kalamunda community radio playing up with it).

1 Like

Also receiving Manning River in Brisbane - 96.3, 97.1, 98.7.

Also New 104.7 from Grafton

2 Likes