AM and FM DX

92.5 ABC LR from Gosford is in

1 Like

Tropo is up tonight here on the Coffs Coast. Commercials and ABC from Wollongong are in. Sydney, Gosford and Newcastle are in too.

Also getting Stanthorpe on 101.7 fighting it out with WSFM

4 Likes

Hi Paul

Keep an ear on 89.7 for Brown Mt (my local pest)

2 Likes

Yeah I tried to hear 89.7 but got nothing.

I am getting 89.7 News Radio here near Newcastle right now

Along with the other South East and South Coast ABCs.

2 Likes

Tis turning out to be quite the night.
A rare catch in 89.5 ABC Classic FM Goulburn.
Other notables are:
Strong Eagle FM Goulburn
All major Canberra stations, including the 4 community stations.
South Coast and South East NSW ABC stations.

1 Like

Have now switched to my Sangean with RDS. Logged the following rare RDS catches

Triple J Canberra (new entry for me)
Hit 104.7
Mix 106.3
2XX-FM
EAGLE FM

None of the other Canberra stations appear to have RDS

4 Likes

This is a great result!

2 Likes

Any out of towners receiving digital radio?

Great result with Canberra in Newcastle, see digital radio thread.

2 Likes

well done radiohead on receiving one of my locals :+1:

2 Likes

Currently getting intense tropo from South Province New Caledonia on 99.0 at Coffs Harbour. Station is RRB (Radio Rhythm Blues). Also getting good tropo to the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Ipswich and Warwick (91.9)

4 Likes

Moved to another location nearby (Bonville Headland, was at Boambee Headland) and now getting ABC stations from Illawarra and Mount Dowe, along with 97.5 Triple G. Newcastle in as well but strangely Sydney is weak. Very intense tropo today.

3 Likes

congrats Mechsta on receiving NCL via tropo! Wish I could do that here. Maybe one day…

3 Likes

Still some good tropo about tonight, though not as far reaching as last night.

No South Coast or Canberra, but Wollongong still strong, and Sydney is stronger than last night, with most suburban community stations in stereo.

1 Like

Just the run of the mill Newcastle Fm and Central Coast enhancements, and Middle Brother Classic Fm. Nothing to exciting.

2 Likes

Opening to the coastal north and inland south into Brisbane this morning. To the north included MMM 98.7 and PNN 104.3 Mackay. To the south Central W Slopes all ABCs incl 107.1 over the top of 4GY. ABCs from Mt Dowe plus Sky Racing 98.3 4GGG 97.5 and 2NOW 98.3 all very strong. Unid on 106.7 that sounded like Super Radio so was probably 2VM.

2 Likes

Wow! NSW Central West Slopes into Brizzy, that’s a great catch!

1 Like

2GEM/t Glen Innes is another possibility.

Has anyone logged Dubbo, Orange, Parkes etc. in SE QLD? The SW inland tropo duct seems to go to Coona but no further than that.

Just to remind me- what setup do you use, TVC?

Have not logged those during troppo. 106.7 was a problem to ID; it was just above the noise level.

I was using the new small circular omni-directional FM I put up about a month ago.

It wasn’t Rebel Wide Bay?