All Together Now Australia

Ah. Of course!

Would have enjoyed it more if we had less of those interruptions.

I did appreciate the lack of back stories of the contestants. Contestants just came out, did their song and then exited stage. No tears or sob stories.

What I thought a bit cringeworthy was the supposed spontaneous “chatting” between judges before the acts come on. It looks and sounds fake. I suppose this is the content we have to have when we’re not getting teary back stories :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, some of those were really cringeworthy. I liked that we weren’t tortured by some of the bad or average performances because we only saw snippets of those.

1 Like

I taped the first episode but did not get the chance to watch it in full until tonight, the first opportunity to sample the show was actually on Thursday when it was reviewed on Gogglebox, which spoiled the results (for me at least). The Goggleboxers quite liked the show.
The performances in the first episode were quite good, both Chantelle and Lai (the Fijian guy) deserved to be in the singoff. I doubt the guy who sang Oklahoma should get that high score though, maybe high 70s?
I think the spontaneous chatting between judges before the acts were copied from The Voice blind auditions.

1 Like

What a terrible show both contestants and judges are woeful!

Really? I don’t mind it. A bit of fun and it doesn’t drag on.

8 Likes

Don’t worry, plenty of Nine fanboys on here.

Not a big fan of the show personally but I do like the rather fast-paced format of the show (as opposed to about 10000 sob stories that we’ve previously been bombarded with in X Factor and The Voice). Judges are quite fake but Julia Zemiro is quite good.

1 Like

Agreed. I caught up on 7Plus last week and was surprised by some of the talent. Though noticed Carols by Candlelight staple Silvie Paladino in the 100 and thought was was completely wasted, maybe she was on last night?

She was and had something to say to one of the contestants.

1 Like

Agree with this but I don’t think that post was really biased.

I dismissed it quickly last week however after seeing some postive comments on here I gave it another try. It actually wasn’t that bad and not as tacky as I thought, I appreciated the lack of sob stories. Certainly not must-watch television but it’s no where near as bad as Game Of Games!

1 Like

Yes. This is great. Just get out there and sing.

4 Likes

That’s debatable!

If only they could sing! Seems to me they are the leftovers from The Voice. :grin:

1 Like

Fans of All Together Now Australia get two chances to see the show again on Friday. You can see it at 12:30pm or 11:15pm.

Grand finalists for ALL TOGETHER NOW

Sunday 25 November at 7pm

The stage is set for an epic Grand Final showdown after Melbourne songstress Tarryn Stokes won the final heat on ALL TOGETHER NOW .

The primary school teacher dazzled the 100 judges tonight with a stirring rendition of Keala Settle’s This Is Me earning her a near-perfect 98 points.

The 100 Captain, Ronan Keating , was full of praise for the 35-year-old saying: “I don’t know what the other two [judges] were doing; I think they were asleep! That was incredible. This is what we’ve been waiting for!”

Sydney librarian Anton Aktila ,39, booked himself into the sing off against Tarryn thanks to his smooth take on Bruno Mars’ Versace On The Floor getting him 94 points.

In the biggest sing off this series, the pair fought it out for the last remaining spot in the Grand Final with Tarryn victorious 97 points to 78. Her version of Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You was too strong for Anton, who performed Sam Smith’s Stay With Me .

Tarryn goes straight into next Sunday’s Grand Final alongside previous heat winners - Brisbane’s Lai Utovou , Mapoon’s Royston Sagigi-Baira , Melbourne’s Jessica Boyd , Bex & Phil , trio Harmony In Three and Emma Mylott , all from Sydney. They will battle it out alongside the wildcard winner, whose identity will be revealed during the Grand Final.

With so many incredible acts across the heats, who will be the lucky wildcard winner? And who will give the performance of their life to take home the $100,000 prizemoney and be crowned the winner?

Soul man Lai crowned ALL TOGETHER NOW winner

The Brisbane singer takes home $100,000 prizemoney after winning the Grand Final.

The best eight acts on ALL TOGETHER NOW battled it out in an epic Grand Final.

The seven heat winners sang their hearts out alongside wildcard winner, Bollywood dancer Teagan Denham , who the 100 judges voted back into the competition.

The three highest scoring performers of the night progressed to the sing off:

TARRYN STOKES – 100 points
The Melbourne primary school teacher, aged 35, blew the judges away with Aretha Franklin’s Natural Woman. The 100 Captain Ronan Keating said: “You’ve taken it to a whole other level with that performance!”

ROYSTON SAGIGI-BAIRA – 91 points
The 19-year-old music student from Far North Queensland mesmerised everyone with his moving rendition of Cyndi Lauper’s True Colours . Ronan said: “You’re a true performer; a true artist.”

LAI UTOVOU – 90 points
The 33-year-old Brisbane draftsman got the judges on their feet with a funky version of Kiss by Prince. “We’re so entertained by you,” said Jess Dunbar from pop duo Matt + Jess.

With the scores reset to zero, the top three acts delivered their final performance with Lai victorious on 87 points.

His crowd pleasing take on Bruno Mars’ Uptown Funk was too strong for Tarryn (singing The Pretenders’ I’ll Stand By You ) and Royston (Alicia Keys’ If I Ain’t Got You ), who scored 78 and 54 respectively.

“This is unbelievable. Wow!” Lai said. “It could’ve been anyone’s. I feel super happy and proud that I gave it my absolute best. I left everything on that stage and it paid off!”

Ronan commended Lai on his consistency and talent. “He has been amazing; his energy, his passion, his vocal ability, just everything! He delivers on so many levels; he deserves to win.”

I think Tarryn was robbed. Both her performances were spectacular.

2 Likes

This show was a farce! First Royston gets into 2nd position after forgetting his lyrics, the 101 of singing competitions, don’t forget the lyrics. Then there was a tie and the voting wasn’t shown! All in all a mess and I’m sorry I wasting time watching it. :laughing:

I agree. Although of her 3 performances her Grand Final one was probably not the best of her song choices for really hitting a lot of those big notes, but it still deserved over 90. What really frustrated me was that someone forgetting their lyrics in a song got a score of 91. I’m glad at least he was knocked out very quickly in the final round.

I also think that rather than judging the winner on the number of standing, the 100 should have voted for their favourite (much like that tie breaker). The problem was that Tarryn coming on second, some people who had already decided that they wanted the first guy to win may have stayed seated regardless.

The guy who won I thought was average. He was fun and good for this show but by his final round I thought he was getting too repetitive.

Anyway I surprisingly enjoyed this show. I think they can refine it and improve it a lot next season. What they would do is have more rounds. Air it Sun-Wed the first couple of weeks doing more audition style rounds with the 100. Then have some rounds where they wittle down to the finalists. Then maybe a Grand Final which is 50% voted by the 100 voted and 50% public voted. Could make it it a bit more fun although I guess they want to keep it different from other signing shows.