All Together Now Australia

Some are amateur newcomers and some are undiscovered professional or semi-professional singers.

1 Like

One was singing on my cruise in April proudly announcing she was a judge on a new talent show… with another 99 judges

2 Likes

Starts next Sunday at 7.00

Julia Zemiro will be special guest on Better Homes and Gardens next Friday, to coincide with the premiere of All Together Now.

She would? Would she? What’s preventing her?

?

How many flops in a row is Seven trying to make? :joy:

Tom was referring to Family Food Fight on Nine.

1 Like

I’m actually looking forward to this one. I just have no idea how the show works. It won’t turn into a X Factor or Voice after an initial audition round will it?

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s kind of hard to explain but essentially it consists of five heats followed by the final.

You can find out more here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Together_Now_(UK_TV_series)

In the first episode they say there are 7 heats and a final - so 8 episodes of 9 if there is some Wildcard round.

This looks tacky and awful already, only 5 mins in.

1 Like

The only good thing going for this show is Julia Zemiro. Everything else is just a cheaper version of X Factor.

1 Like

You forgot to mention the possibility of Gogglebox giving this program an absolute grilling! :wink:

But yeah, I agree. At least Julia Zemiro (who to be fair, is usually decent talent from what I’ve seen) has now achieved the career feat of making appearances on all five major Australian TV networks at some point…

I love Julia but it’s a pity she hadn’t remembered the golden rule of commentating Eurovision… don’t talk during the song :wink:

2 Likes

Certainly a rare achievement and I’m not doubting you on this claim but I’ve drawn a blank on Julia Zemiro hosting or presenting anything on Nine? Your memory is no doubt better than mine :slight_smile:

There’s a case to be made when Julia talking over the contestant is better than the singing.

1 Like

That sounds quite phobic and rude. How exactly do you dress up like a person with both male and female genitals?

What’s so wrong with being all inclusive?

Although the program didn’t last too long, Julia Zemiro co-presented the clip show “What A Year” with Bert Newton in 2007.