All Together Now Australia

I wouldn’t want them to drag it out over many nights of the week. There may be room for a few more episodes though. Maybe have a few more rounds and a few more Wildcards allowed in. Then have two semi final shows and then a grand final.

Of course keep Julia Zemiro as the host. She’s been brilliant despite the show not being as good as it could potentially been.

2 Likes

I probably would have her do less of those interruptions in the middle of the performances. Those asides to camera ruin the performances sometimes.

2 Likes

Two episodes a week would be good enough. This show, in addition to another franchise, could actually do well for Seven in Q3-4.

1 Like

The judges are terrible, the singers are terrible, the format is terrible, the show is terrible.

2 Likes

While I was on holiday interstate recently, I bought a November 17 issue of TV Week which had the list of each and every judge on the show. For those who haven’t seen the list, here it is.

I never watched the show, but the 100 judging panel seems very gimmicky. Could they say, halve the amount of people and the show still be relatively the same? Just seems an incredible waste of people’s time and money if it’s not really adding anything significant to the show.

They just copied directly from the original UK version which also had 100 judges.

1 Like

I saw the final three episodes last night (one on my PVR recording and two on 7plus). I agree with JBar that Tarryn was robbed. She was arguably the best performer from the grand final and the only contestant to get the perfect 100, and deservedly to be in the final three. Royston stumbled during his first performance in the grand final, but somehow got 91 (maybe there were few sympathy votes from the judges?), while Lai just survived the tie breaking vote.
I did a Google search after the grand final and found out Tarryn sang the theme of Home and Away in 2009 with Luke Dolahenty. No wonder her vocals are so good. She is also a member of Hillsong Church singers. And Tarryn and Royston came from David Jaanz music academy which nurtured many other singers.

As for the other grand finalists, Teagan the wildcard has secured a year long contract from Royal Caribbean International and will perform on its brand new Spectrum of the Seas around the world during 2019.

1 Like

Does anyone know if this show is coming back this year?

1 Like

I would assume so. It rated OK and I think has room to grow if they tweak the format a bit and add in an extra round or two.

1 Like

I would think this show would do alright against The Block. It was basically the only thing that rated against that show last year.

Hope they keep it because the format is alright and the host is brilliant. This could potentially become a hit if Seven decides to keep it and tweak it.

3 Likes

I don’t think it will come back. 7 commissioning Got Talent indicates to me they wanted to go with a different format.

AGT replaced Dance Boss. Seven had three talent shows last year.

They will need to do everything they can to win the year, so they can’t afford to bludge towards the end of the year, like they did last year.

5 Likes

Could there be a possibility that both shows could co-exist with each other? For many years Seven had AGT, X Factor and DWTS in the same year. They’re different enough and I think Seven generally does well in talent shows compared to other ‘reality’ shows.

I thought AGT was replacing Little Big Shots?

Very confused about Seven’s plans for their second half (as I am every year!).

1 Like

I would think that AGT replaced both.

2 Likes

Little Big Shots is being “rested” :wink:

Seven’s strength used to be talent shows in the 2nd half of the year. Maybe they need to go back to their roots and do something new there. And when I mean new, I don’t mean that cringefest called Dance Boss or flogged to death AGT.

Talent show genres could still work…if it isn’t rehearsed and is a genuine alternative with real aspiring talents.

1 Like

That is true, I just don’t know if I can see 7 going ahead with it. Talent has a hefty price tag to it - maybe more than All Together Now and Dance Boss combined. Out of all the singing comps I liked All Together Now the most but I just think 7 would have announced something by now if they were going ahead.