All Together Now Australia

These are promos shot on the set of the Australian version of the show.

2 Likes

Ahh, righto. as you were then!

1 Like

Is it just me or does everyone think this show will quickly go down the direction of Dance Boss? It looks all glossy and expensive but so fake!

Well done Seven. Letting X Factor and DWTS go and now you’re stuck in the ratings sinkhole every 2nd half of the year.

It was a success in the UK so it could surprise.

Those shows were in the sinkhole when they got axed.

4 Likes

So was the Block when it was up against MKR. Nine persisted and look at its ratings now.

The Block was slightly down but still very competitive. They moved it away from the big competition and it became big again.

X Factor was really dead in the last season and Dancing With the Stars was close to it too. Let’s see if there is any life left in it when it returns on Ten.

1 Like

There’s something I don’t get though. International formats like Masterchef and The Voice has been going on for ages and still top the ratings. Others like X Factor and DWTS wither and die out. Is it because of different production standards? Or Is it that some International formats have more longevity factors than other?

MasterChef makes changes along the way and keeps viewers interested. I wouldn’t say The Voice is topping ratings. It’s struggling and will probably only run as long as X Factor did.

1 Like

It starts slow but then it turns into and dark horse every season and the finals always beat MC and House Rules. If it wasn’t topping the ratings then the other two would be beating its finals.

Back on topic, I’m expecting All Together Now to go in the same direction of Dance Boss. It just doesn’t have the buzz that MAFS, The Block etc has.

Agreed. After a lacklustre performance this year and with other talent/reality programs (namely The X Factor and Australian Idol) calling it quits after seven seasons, 2019 will probably be the last we see of The Voice IMO. But that’s off topic.

Right now I’m not sure whether All Together Now will succeed or fail. Julia Zemiro is a reasonably popular Australian TV presenter so she shouldn’t be a problem with the program, although Ronan Keating might be a turn off for some.

I mean, many of us thought Dance Boss would succeed, and look how well that turned out…

1 Like

Personally I always thought it would flop because I couldn’t see who this type show would appeal to. Something like World of Dance in the US would have been much more appealing.

True. something like Strictly Come Dancing might fit Seven’s broader demographic target.

All Together Now sounds like a last-ditch attempt for Seven to reach to younger ones, but I honestly don’t think it’s going to work. They should’ve at least made the show slightly older-skewing so it appeals to a wide range of people.

Might? It did for 15 seasons before they started mucking around with it and drove viewers away. I think DWTS will be a solid rater for 10 in 2019.

Seven’s problem is that they keep creating shows that have a confused identity. They try to appeal to both younger and older audiences at the same time and end up appealing to nobody.

3 Likes

I know that, it’s just the fact that Seven doesn’t know how to program jacksh*t because most of their previous ‘hit’ shows wither and die out while others like Nine and Ten nurture their programs and therefore has more longevity.

1 Like

Are they waiting for The Block to finish to start this? Would be wise to air it against FFFFF later in the year.

The press kit only covers 30 artists. What about the other 70?

1 Like

Are they all former Voice, Popstars, Idol or X Factor contestants? Or Bowling Club/RSL cover artists?